Safety of Wollongong Area (1 Viewer)

joshq

HSC
N/A
Just a message from several hours ago, a chinese student survived from an unsuccessful robbery commited by several local people in a black car. He was walking home from North Wollongong station and believed to be tracked by the gang since then. The gang jumped outta the car near Caltex Petrol at Gipps Rd and attempted to rob the laptop bag the student carrying and prepared a rope. The student ran away and was helped out by a coming-by taxi.

Previous experiences made us believe reporting to the police does not ever work. Many other harassing behaviours like being attacked by eggs, water guns and even stones all have happened and are happening now to students looked like asian.

May I please hereby ask, if anyone who is white, or looked white, has ever experienced such robbery or harassment, and is it normal for these problems to happen in Australia, especially Wollongong area?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, so how did the student use the rope to catch the taxi and run away??

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
joshq said:
The gang jumped outta the car near Caltex Petrol at Gipps Rd and attempted to rob the laptop bag the student carrying and prepared a rope.
I presume you mean rape?

Let me guess, it was a girl, walking alone in the suburbs after dark, carrying obvious valuables?
Must be racially motivated.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Asians are easy targets because they have such poor night vision.

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
May I ask if it was a twisted rope or a braided rope? Nylon or Polyester? Was it a polypropylene rope or did the student hail down a taxi using a more natural resource such as a Manila or Sisal rope?

Plus I'm quite annoyed that a cab driver is willing to immediately pick up a student brandishing rope yet we have to wait 15min outside the Nth Gong for a cab... I claim conspiracy!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye this incident doesnt make sense, what happened with the rope? What role did the rope play in the incident??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I dislike the implications this thread makes about the prevalence of crime in the black car community.

LaDySmAn

HSC
ANSWER THIS

IF U CAN ???? :)

Does water in the bathtub really "whirl" in one direction in the Southern
hemisphere and the opposite direction in the Northern hemisphere?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
Yeah crimes never happen to white people, you've cracked the case sherlock, now fuck off
thats incorrect as he said the victim was 'asian', hence white.

LaDySmAn your answer might be in an episode of Simpsons were they flush the toilet water to see its direction lol

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
thats incorrect as he said the victim was 'asian', hence white.

LaDySmAn your answer might be in an episode of Simpsons were they flush the toilet water to see its direction lol
asians are not white

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Who are these asians? Where do they come from?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
withoutaface said:
I dislike the implications this thread makes about the prevalence of crime in the black car community.
I totally agree, this brandishing of black car stereotyping is discriminatory. There are lots of black cars which do good in society... look at the Bat Mobile and who can forget Kitt! So just making it out that black cars are causing all this trouble is wrong, just give them a chance!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Joshq said:
Just a message from several hours ago, a chinese student survived from an unsuccessful robbery commited by several local people in a black car. He was walking home from North Wollongong station and believed to be tracked by the gang since then. The gang jumped outta the car near Caltex Petrol at Gipps Rd and attempted to rob the laptop bag the student carrying and prepared a rope. The student ran away and was helped out by a coming-by taxi.

Previous experiences made us believe reporting to the police does not ever work. Many other harassing behaviours like being attacked by eggs, water guns and even stones all have happened and are happening now to students looked like asian.

May I please hereby ask, if anyone who is white, or looked white, has ever experienced such robbery or harassment, and is it normal for these problems to happen in Australia, especially Wollongong area?
What an amusing thread.

Cause you know, it's not like the uni warns people to DON'T REALLY OBVIOUSLY BE CARRYING A LAPTOP IN A SHINY LAPTOP BAG OR WEARING YOUR IPOD WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT WALKING DOWN DODGY ROADS LATE AT NIGHT.

Nope, never heard that one at all.

And yes, robberies happen when people walk alone at night carrying obvious valuables.

kennychan222

HSC
My parents are very worried about my security when I live in Wollongong. They said that the people liked to steal people who was very rich. Although i will move to University Accommodation, it's still not very safe because I don't really know whether the students are good or not.

HSC
kennychan222 said:
My parents are very worried about my security when I live in Wollongong. They said that the people liked to steal people who was very rich. Although i will move to University Accommodation, it's still not very safe because I don't really know whether the students are good or not.
I'd steal person yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)