Salvation army - The Red Shield Appeal (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I just did the Red Shield appeal today. Went around Ashfield/Summer Hill collecting money -- my group raised $638 alone pretty good huh? My whole house would have raised over $6000.

So anyway, I watched on the news to day about people not wanting donations to go over to Indonesia...what's that all about? And I do recall some people asking us where the money would go, in fact, one said"Gee, I hope it doesn't go to Indonesia..."

tempco

HSC
yep, since indonesia jailed schapelle, they shouldn't get our money cause they're like dogging us.

and gw with the collections. i'm sure you'll make a few lives more bearable.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
....what I don't get is...

WHAT'S THE BLOODY POINT!!!!????? WHAT WOULD THEY ACHIEVE IN THE END!!!????

*4 years later....
Corby crusaders: yeah maan, we got her out of gaol alright! The Indo government has succumbed to our protest! Whoohooo!!

Well, guess what, GENIUSES? During your campaign, hundreds of thousands of people who really need help have suffered even more. Unemployment has gone up, suicide rates went up, crime rates went up, etc etc.

Talk about 'injustice'.... Hypocrites....

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
We went scabbing about the Rozelle area, i suspect the charitable people were at church that morning...there were some scrooges, and nice owners with growling pets. Shook hands and took photo with a local MP - YAY!

btw isn't the salvation army just concerned with domestic, and at times international one-off crises?
Anyway how the hell does the Corby drugs case got to do with thousands of Aust. livin below the poverty line? I'd rather sleep in on my Sundays if it were otherwise

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
nicko88 said:
in fact, one said"Gee, I hope it doesn't go to Indonesia..."
Hopefully this disgusting kind of thinking is only temporary, and people will get rid of their emotions, settle down and start thinking more rationally about the case in a few days (weeks? Months?) time. Hopefully....

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
nicko88 said:
I just did the Red Shield appeal today. Went around Ashfield/Summer Hill collecting money -- my group raised $638 alone pretty good huh? My whole house would have raised over $6000.

So anyway, I watched on the news to day about people not wanting donations to go over to Indonesia...what's that all about? And I do recall some people asking us where the money would go, in fact, one said"Gee, I hope it doesn't go to Indonesia..."
Its cause our beloved Corby was wronged!!@!@!
lol.
Yeah thats the reason

Comrade nathan

HSC
what's that all about? And I do recall some people asking us where the money would go, in fact, one said"Gee, I hope it doesn't go to Indonesia..."
Its quite disgusting. Can you just lie to them? Do you?

yep, since indonesia jailed schapelle, they shouldn't get our money cause they're like dogging us.
What do you people want. Do you want the Indonesian government give up everything they are tying to build so some whore of tramp can get sent up so it will give you a warm fussing feeling. Damn you people are pissing me off.

Hopefully this disgusting kind of thinking is only temporary, and people will get rid of their emotions, settle down and start thinking more rationally about the case in a few days (weeks? Months?) time. Hopefully....
Hopefully the Australian public will find something more moronic to waste their attentions and refresh their conscious and make them feel like they actually care about other people.

Or maybe by the third State of Origin they would of completly forgot about it.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
What do you people want. Do you want the Indonesian government give up everything they are tying to build so some whore of tramp can get sent up so it will give you a warm fussing feeling. Damn you people are pissing me off.
Actually, Nekkid was being sarcastic :)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Argonaut said:
Shouldn't we actually want to help these people out instead of giving to whichever charities suit our political views and ideology? Why should we punish thousands of people left standed by a tsunami simply becuase someone they've never heard of was jailed for a crime she might or might not have commited?
exactly. there is nothign more to say, you just said it all.

Vahl

HSC
What nutcases would not give to the Salvos due to Schappel's guilty verdict. Indonesia has been very fair with her, giving her a swift and open trial in which she was found to be guilty.

... AND she IS guilty UNDER INDONESIAN LAW. The Indonesians tried her fairly and in accordance with their laws... how can people be opposed to that.

It is infuriating to see the majority's redneck response to Schappel's verdict, I think she is guilty, but that is besides the point, she recieved a fair and open trial in which she was found guilty, which is more than can be said for the (reportedly) hundreds of Indonesian fishermen held in Australian immigration detention WITHOUT being even CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. At all, it is the Indonesian people who should have felt hard done by.

Vahl

HSC
SashatheMan said:
did anyone actually not donate cause it was going to indonesia????
According to the media, a majority of people did not donate...
It is so goddamned frustrating to listen to peoples reasoning on this issue, on the radio people were using stereotypes, hearsay and the evidence given by the media as the justification for not donating to the Salvos.

PS Go the Sallies ... they've helped me and I'm grateful.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
maybe a little off topic
but today a little old lady bought some bags of chips and lollies anc chocolates from me
and asked me to weigh it before she buys anything
so i scanned em and put em ina bag and she said it cant be over 2 kilos
i was like ok
it was 1.970 or something like that so she bought em
and she was like oh im sending em to troops over seas..
as a teat etc
you can send them for free but it has to weight no more thne 2 kilos
i was like awh how cute..and sweet..
she bought them all this stuff for like $20 worth
thats my story
i think it was sent over by some charity..she was rambling on...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
maybe a little off topic
but today a little old lady bought some bags of chips and lollies anc chocolates from me
and asked me to weigh it before she buys anything
so i scanned em and put em ina bag and she said it cant be over 2 kilos
i was like ok
it was 1.970 or something like that so she bought em
and she was like oh im sending em to troops over seas..
as a teat etc
you can send them for free but it has to weight no more thne 2 kilos
i was like awh how cute..and sweet..
she bought them all this stuff for like $20 worth
thats my story
i think it was sent over by some charity..she was rambling on...
Does she realise that the food probably wouldnt stay fresh

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
Does she realise that the food probably wouldnt stay fresh
um.. i didnt stop and aks her
i dont think it will be that bad
i mean it was bags of chips and chocolate and lollies
we have that stuff stay on our shelves for a few days without going bad..and they expire in months
im sure a plane fflight wont do much harm to them
and a troop over in iraq will enjoy his packet of lays chips
and his bag of fantales

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
um.. i didnt stop and aks her
i dont think it will be that bad
i mean it was bags of chips and chocolate and lollies
we have that stuff stay on our shelves for a few days without going bad..and they expire in months
im sure a plane fflight wont do much harm to them
and a troop over in iraq will enjoy his packet of lays chips
and his bag of fantales
Oh, lol. I thought u meant hot chips

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
amoz_lilo said:
btw isn't the salvation army just concerned with domestic, and at times international one-off crises?

I think you'll find the Salvation Army is an international movement, but the money from the red shield appeal is for the services in australia (from my knowledge).The money raised goes to the running of their social programs- e.g. the drug and alcohol rehab centres, the homeless refuges, etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)