Same Sex Marriage Debate (1 Viewer)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
If marriage is a good thing, then opening up marriage to more people must be good. If marriage is beneficial to the raising of children, then allowing the marriage of same sex couples must be a good thing, because many couples are raising children.
marriage is a good thing in the sense of how it is defined currently, it works in such a way currently to benefit our society and to benefit our children.
the current definition is one that all cultures and races can agree on.

you will find that many who vote no, do not believe that same-sex marriage is beneficial for children. we are not so much concerning about whether the government approves/registers "love" or even the rights. We are more concerning with the value the institution of marriage has with regards to the implications of responsibilities for natural offspring.

SammyT123

HSC
marriage is a good thing in the sense of how it is defined currently, it works in such a way currently to benefit our society and to benefit our children.

you will find that many who vote no, do not believe that same-sex marriage is beneficial for children. we are not so much concerning about whether the government approves/registers "love" or even the rights. We are more concerning with the value the institution of marriage has with regards to the implications of responsibilities for natural offspring.
Please name one benefit the current definition applies that would no longer apply with an updated legal definiton. You keep saying "it's good" without saying why or providing any evidence

What are the so called implications to offspring?

Nice appeal to popularity [emoji14]
Nice appeal to nature [emoji39]
The logical fallacies are real with this one

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Obviously a lie, not all cultures agree with the current 2017 Australian definition of marriage, not remotely true in any possible interpretation.

Also, I don't understand why you mentioned race in your comment, are you implying that regardless of culture, race causes people to have different intellectual abilities and opinions?

you will find that many who vote no, do not believe that same-sex marriage is beneficial for children.
Why not?

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously a lie, not all cultures agree with the current 2017 Australian definition of marriage, not remotely true in any possible interpretation.
I said "can" not "will", Western culture has always been compatible with that understanding.
The stance of traditional marriage across different cultures is more compatible with a man-woman (not specifically the definition in 2004 marriage amendment etc.) definition. It is more of an observation, that there is something that despite cultural differences and practices, many if not most cultures can agree on that definition.

Also, I don't understand why you mentioned race in your comment, are you implying that regardless of culture, race causes people to have different intellectual abilities and opinions?
no, i am not making/drawing that conclusion. quite the opposite. more so, demonstrating the wide acceptance of a definition, since this is a definition debate after all.

Why not?[/QUOTE]

Please name one benefit the current definition applies that would no longer apply with an updated legal definiton. You keep saying "it's good" without saying why or providing any evidence
you devoid marriage of being anything more than a piece of paper. that is the problem.

What are the so called implications to offspring?
this has to with the function of the institution. why is marriage in law? why is marriage even a thing? why does the government get involved with marriage, they couldn't care less whether what you do in the bedroom.

why are currently some relationships consider marriage and others not? (I am talking pre-2004 to remove ambiguity)

the reality is, that it is not possible (and even many of the emerging technologies suggested before are morally questionable), for gay people to reproduce without using artificial means.
there are 2 principles:
1. legal responsibilities of parents
2. biological

Nice appeal to popularity [emoji14]
Not really a problem, since both sides have very different definitions. Same sex marriage appears indistinguishable from a 'legally-perfected' civil union, when you reduce marriage to just two loving committed people.

Nice appeal to nature [emoji39]. The logical fallacies are real with this one
Ah, not quite. The whole definition of marriage is based on a natural observation and fact, that a man and a woman, can produce offspring, presuming without use of technology. This is seen as beneficial as reproduction is seen as a good thing (think natural selection). So not quite the same as what you are implying. note: you may be uncomfortable with that observation.

Marriage is the legal institution that has popped up organically, that shrines this natural observation and fact into law, whether you like it or not. That is the whole reason the thing exists, is because of nature.

The argument that it is good, is not because it is natural, but because it benefits the stability of our society, by forming a ordered family structure, and allows the child to be raised, in an ideal case of course, with both their biological father and mother, and that is best for the development of the child, and it leads to less legal complications as well.

You can argue that is a natural fallacy, but the whole reason the institution is there, is very much tied in with that ends. Marriage becomes indistinguishable to civil unions, once you remove the specific elements tied with its natural basis.

It is this connection between the origins of the current understanding and natural observations. Marriage is more than just simply a committed relationship.

Worth doing a read up on the Family Law Act of 1975. Just reading the laws it replaced "Matrimonial causes"

Section VII is of interest
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C01106

The objects of this Part are to ensure that the best interests of children are met by:
(a) ensuring that children have the benefit of both of their parents having a meaningful involvement in their lives, to the maximum extent consistent with the best interests of the child; and
(b) protecting children from physical or psychological harm from being subjected to, or exposed to, abuse, neglect or family violence; and
(c) ensuring that children receive adequate and proper parenting to help them achieve their full potential; and
(d) ensuring that parents fulfil their duties, and meet their responsibilities, concerning the care, welfare and development of their children.

that is really the centre thrust of the children-marriage argument. what implications does same-sex marriage and the consequent transgender push (see UK etc.)
is the way that it seeks to undermine the family. And for those who wish to preserve marriage as it is, we don't want that.

the fundamental disagreement is on
as soon as you say marriage is linked with children, then logically the rest falls into place.

To assert that marriage is linked with children or not, you have to ask what marriage's purpose is, why is it there, why is marriage already different to a civil union. why does the government register marriages in the first place (we know why the church does, but why does the government)?
That is the fundamental thing that you and I will disagree on.

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I said "can" not "will", Western culture has always been compatible with that understanding.
I know what you said, and it's a lie. People in many cultures cannot agree with the 2017 Australian definition of marriage. Western culture is not fully compatible with your definition of marriage.

this has to with the function of the institution. why is marriage in law? why is marriage even a thing?
Marriage is a public union between two people for the purpose of expressing romantic love and commitment, and regulating property and legal rights.

why does the government get involved with marriage, they couldn't care less whether what you do in the bedroom.
Totally wrong. The government discriminates harshly based on who you have sex with, the current law was formed very much on the basis of the government criminalising and punishing homosexual sex between consenting adults, homosexual sex was only fully decriminalised in Australia in 1997, 20 years ago. Homosexual sex had a higher age of consent than heterosexual sex up until the long forgotten year of 2016.

Marriage becomes indistinguishable to civil unions, once you remove the specific elements tied with its natural basis.
To assert that marriage is linked with children or not, you have to ask what marriage's purpose is, why is it there, why is marriage already different to a civil union. why does the government register marriages in the first place (we know why the church does, but why does the government)? That is the fundamental thing that you and I will disagree on.
You seem to have a poor understanding of what a civil union is.

Civil unions only exist in the ACT, no other Australian state, and consequently are not accessible to most Australian homosexual couples. WA and NT offer no form of formal legal registration for same sex couples, only unregistered de facto status.

De facto relationships are a modern legal invention to reflect the fact that couples increasingly live in domestic partnership situations without being formally married. De facto relationships did not have formal legal recognition until around the mid 1980s.

I find it ironic that you, as a professed supporter of traditional marriage, are advocating for de facto relationships, when conservatives strongly opposed the introduction of de facto relationships, based on the frequently expressed concern that the institution of marriage will be damaged and its attractions reduced if the differences between de jure and de facto marriage are virtually extinguished.

The exact same arguments you are making against gay marriage, have been consistently made by christian conservatives in opposition to civil unions. Hence why civil unions are only legal in the ACT:

Jim Wallace, the managing director of the ACL, described the push by the Stanhope government on civil union as undermining the special status on marriage and criticised his government for destroying what it means to be a family when he had earlier pass a law to allow same-sex couples to adopt.

"He is now obviously hoping that his agenda to undermine the special status of marriage in society as being between a man and a woman will have national repercussions too. This is particularly the case as his proposed legislation has extra territorial application – meaning it is available to anyone in Australia."
http://christiantoday.com.au/news/first-civil-union-in-australia-coming-soon.html

So I find it odd and hypocritical that you are now supporting civil unions, and opposing gay marriage, using the exact same arguments that were used to oppose civil unions.

The continued use of the same argument, in changing circumstances, shows it's not based in logic.

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I know what you said, and it's a lie. People in many cultures cannot agree with the 2017 Australian definition of marriage. Western culture is not fully compatible with your definition of marriage.
Not quite, it is more compatible than you are willing to admit. For instance, you have the Uluru Bark petition from the first nation peoples, and other communities have put forward their views; and in this is in mutlicultural diverse Australia. It is only very recently, you can possibly argue it is incongruent.

But as I have posted several pages before, most of the judicial hearings e.g. Joslin vs. New Zealand don't seem to require any Western jurisdiction to legalise same-sex marriage. There is no restriction or obligation. To save finding them, most of them are in the senate inquiry report.

Worth reading this, page 35-45
https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar...rriage/~/media/Committees/ssm_ctte/report.pdf

Why else is it still held and was held in Western countries for some period of time.

Marriage is a public union between two people for the purpose of expressing romantic love and commitment, and regulating property and legal rights.
"and in recent cases has moved towards encouraging states to offer protection in law to same-sex couples that is equivalent to marriage

Totally wrong. The government discriminates harshly based on who you have sex with,
the current law was formed very much on the basis of the government criminalising and punishing homosexual sex between consenting adults, homosexual sex was only fully decriminalised in Australia in 1997, 20 years ago. Homosexual sex had a higher age of consent than heterosexual sex up until the long forgotten year of 2016.
correction, you are wrong about the origins of the 2004 amendment,
the definition in place, was already in existence and fairly well accepted in Australian society and Western culture in common law. It had bi-partisan support even to be put in statute law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ4mj_ct-OE

You seem to have a poor understanding of what a civil union is.
how so?

Civil unions only exist in the ACT, no other Australian state, and consequently are not accessible to most Australian homosexual couples. WA and NT offer no form of formal legal registration for same sex couples, only unregistered de facto status.
inaccurate claim. the ACT, New South Wales, Tasmania and Victoria have relationship registration and civil partnership schemes that grant formal recognition to couples. Just because they are not called "civil unions", does not mean they aren't "legally equivalent". You are right about WA and NT.

De facto relationships are a modern legal invention to reflect the fact that couples increasingly live in domestic partnership situations without being formally married. De facto relationships did not have formal legal recognition until around the mid 1980s.
Yeah and what is.

I find it ironic that you, as a professed supporter of traditional marriage, are advocating for de facto relationships, when conservatives strongly opposed the introduction of de facto relationships, based on the frequently expressed concern that the institution of marriage will be damaged and its attractions reduced if the differences between de jure and de facto marriage are virtually extinguished.
The exact same arguments you are making against gay marriage, have been consistently made by christian conservatives in opposition to civil unions. Hence why civil unions are only legal in the ACT
The continued use of the same argument, in changing circumstances, shows it's not based in logic.
So I find it odd and hypocritical that you are now supporting civil unions, and opposing gay marriage, using the exact same arguments that were used to oppose civil unions.

That is one broad brush you are using, it shows very little to understand my position at all.

Yes, people have opposed divorce, civil unions for all the similar reasons. But you have to address each person as they view it.
I personally would oppose gay-couples from adopting, but now that is occuring, I ain't going to compaign to change it back.

I am personally not opposed to civil unions as I don't agree that civil union and marriage are the same thing, even though you can legally make them the same thing.
Yes, civil unions/de facto couples are a obscure thing, but while same-sex marriage is a very clear change to what marriage is, to say to us, it won't affect anything, is plainly false.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Not quite, it is more compatible than you are willing to admit. For instance, you have the Uluru Bark petition from the first nation peoples, and other communities have put forward their views; and in this is in mutlicultural diverse Australia. It is only very recently, you can possibly argue it is incongruent.
You originally said:

"the current definition is one that all cultures and races can agree on."

Which is a lie. You concede above that there is an incongruency between the current definition of marriage and that which is accepted by all cultures, so you have contradicted yourself.

But as I have posted several pages before, most of the judicial hearings e.g. Joslin vs. New Zealand don't seem to require any Western jurisdiction to legalise same-sex marriage. There is no restriction or obligation. To save finding them, most of them are in the senate inquiry report
I don't understand what you're saying here.

Why else is it still held and was held in Western countries for some period of time.
Sentence fragment; consider revising

You haven't identified what the subject "it", in this sentence refers to.

"and in recent cases has moved towards encouraging states to offer protection in law to same-sex couples that is equivalent to marriage
Sentence fragment; consider revising.

You haven't identified who or what "has moved" in this sentence.

"correction, you are wrong about the origins of the 2004 amendment,
What I wrote has nothing to do with the 2004 amendment, I made no reference to it. I was referring to the culture that existed when marriage law was defined, in regard to which you claimed "they couldn't care less whether what you do in the bedroom", which is obviously not historically true.

I explained how so in the next sentence.

Yeah and what is.
Good point, well made /s

That is one broad brush you are using, it shows very little to understand my position at all.
Very little what? It is hard to understand your position when many of your sentences are incomplete, or don't relate to the text you have quoted.

I am personally not opposed to civil unions as I don't agree that civil union and marriage are the same thing, even though you can legally make them the same thing.
Why do you want same sex couples to have access to the legal entitlements of marriage through a civil union?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
You originally said:
"the current definition is one that all cultures and races can agree on."

Which is a lie. You concede above that there is an incongruency between the current definition of marriage and that which is accepted by all cultures, so you have contradicted yourself.
it was a slight correction, geesh. and you are simply asserting. I provided cases that show it is more compatible with our western culture, which borrows a lot heavily from the religious views that I hold. I think you will find more cultures can agree on what I am say than SSM. The latter is not as universally compatible.

You have not demonstrated anything really except by assertion under assumption that everyone here has the same basis as you do. I am talking in general terms.

Traditional marriage is congruent with western values even on equality and anti-discrimination. That that is probably a controversial statement. But that is the one you actually have to engage with. Australian legislation (the Sex Discrimination 1984) makes it clear that there is nothing in the Marriage Act that can be considered discriminatory, the ICCHR and other human rights commissions in the EU, recognise that there is no requirement from a rights standpoint that obligates any state to legalise same-sex marriage. The senate enquiry makes that very clear.

There is a reason for instance we distinguish between male and female sports. There is a reason why men and women use different bathrooms. There is a reason why the government feels the need to, make clear about the nature of a specific relationship that serves a specific function, both historically and now. People come together in a sexual union, all the time, but the permancy of marriage and the gendered-nature of marriage are there for specific reasons. Let me highlight some.

1. In a marriage, the expectation which varies, but is in general, understood, that in marriage is the best environment for the raising of children, and is an institution that has been designed to reflect that. It reflects the biological observation that when a man and a woman have sex, in principle, are able to procreate and produce offspring, and so marriage in terms of what it legally spells out, provides the mesh and the responsibilities linked with family law in general, on what it looks like for parents.

2. Marriage is a celebration of the diverse differences with human gender. The biological features of a man and a woman are very different, and then consequently fatherhood and motherhood, are significantly in the roles they play in the raising of children. It recognises not per say the superiority, the uniqueness of a man/woman sexual union as being complementarian in nature, in the diverse and good differences between men and women, both their physical bodies, their pyschological thought patterns, and so what men and women contribute together and show to our society is co-operation and love between the two genders, rather than only loving their own kind.

3. From a religious standpoint, and for many cultures, marriage is significant and the sex between man and woman in marriage is seen as a good and important thing, it is viewed in many cultures as the appropriate place for the expression of man's and woman's desire, and it speaks of the commitment to one only and not. Now clearly the definition in law is remotely removed from this. Marriage has more meaning to most as a gendered union where both genders/sexes take part.

Sentence fragment; consider revising
You haven't identified what the subject "it", in this sentence refers to.
context is key, the subject should be obvious that it refers to marriage. nevertheless carry on...,

Sentence fragment; consider revising.
You haven't identified who or what "has moved" in this sentence.
It is quote from the senate enquiry. I think it was the European union court but the point it isn't relevant which court is saying it too much.

What I wrote has nothing to do with the 2004 amendment, I made no reference to it. I was referring to the culture that existed when marriage law was defined, in regard to which you claimed "they couldn't care less whether what you do in the bedroom", which is obviously not historically true.
Well i am talking about marriage, arguing about whether homosexuality should be criminalized or sinful is a red herring here. The government in legislating marriage "does not care less what you do in the bedroom".

That is what I am/was talking about. I understand the criminalization of homosexuality in the past, and I do not think the government has the right to make such moral statements on what people do in the bedroom. But marriage has never been legislated on that basis, and that is my point. It would help if I was clearer maybe but I think you original reply was kind of attacking a false understanding, I am talking about marriage, I am talking about the involvement of government in marriage, not whether homosexuality should be criminalized or not.

honestly we are probably not on the same page.

I explained how so in the next sentence.
Good point, well made /s
sorry for my tendency for incomplete sentences. I don't think you have demonstrated where the misunderstanding is.
I understand that de-factos didn't exist in 1980s, homosexuality wasn't decriminalized into 1997.
I am quite ok with those changes, what I am not ok with is changing an institution that actually has some value and implications for family and society, in ways that introducing civil unions and other legal structures that stipulate the same kind of legal standing for gays/lesbians.

Very little what? It is hard to understand your position when many of your sentences are incomplete, or don't relate to the text you have quoted.
I have been commenting several posts before. My last post may have incomplete sentences but that is sometimes what happens on these forums.

I think it is more so the conclusions you are drawing.

Let me lay our your argument:
Let me define my argument for the sake as one object 'A'

1. I use argument A
2. People have used argument A years ago to oppose civil unions.
3. Civil unions exist
4. I think civil unions are a good thing.

Since A implies "civil unions are bad". And I use A and yet hold civil unions are ok, then somehow A is problematic. That is your argument.

When really here is why I said this a general brush: let me propose what is actually happening:
1. I am using an argument A which resembles an argument A' used by opponents of civil unions.

The problem is that is under assumption that all people who use that argument have the same opinion/view or basis, which is false/faulty.
No I don't agree with the argument that civil unions will affect marriage while I will argue to some degree against divorce.

The difference is one is affecting the actual terms of the definition, the other is on whether civil unions affect the value of the institution which no-one in our society seems to agree on.
I don't think they do, as I think you can give the legal rights without undermining the principle of marriage.

Why do you want same sex couples to have access to the legal entitlements of marriage through a civil union?
It is more of a concession, that I really am not too bothered if they want legal entitlements of marriage in a civil union.
Marriage is less agreed on and a civil union is something most people would be tolerable of.

I think that is a better approach than actually changing the definition of an institution in such a way that unfortunately has been used to affect directly understanding of family, promote controversial gender opinions and villify religious people despite assurances of religious protections.

I think many more people would have been convinced, even Christians, would be more convinced, if the argumentation was so directly trying to undermine religious freedom and freedom of speech. It is the bitter irony, that the people crying for tolerance, acceptance, equality, think they have the right to undermine societal structures which are there for the benefit of society as a whole. I agree it is wrong to criminalize homosexuality and that.

The marriage definition as it stands, is used as a rally point when really, you would find most Christians who would disagree on same-sex marriage, would happily defend for the right to speak your views and even to ensure that gay/lesbian relationships have an appropriate legal recognition, in a way that is actually going to clearly benefit our society. The whole push for LGBTIQ rights, while in principle seems good, seems heavily misguided.

There are real injustices, however it is not right in our culture, to expect everyone to accept and even celebrate your sexual choices and lifestyle, LGBTIQ are free to do it in this country. The way to go about acceptance is not to force it legally upon the people, and that is the problem we see, people sued over their views in other countries. This is a morally divided issue.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
the reason why I think this debate is so difficult, is because at the centre of it is a definition debate;
on what marriage is and what marriage should be.

there are very different views on this, which draw on various different cultural experiences, natural observations as well as differing interpretations of terms like "equality" or "right to marry", which in themselves are statements of value sometimes.

I am kind of glad, that people have been given the chance to have a say, and not just assumed. I also think that some here, have shown willingness to engage as much as they can, with other sides.
====

May I encourage you all to return your forms, vote as you see fit, don't let anyone here force you to vote yes or no.

Kolmias

HSC
I'm calling it now: Yes will win narrowly, less then 8% margin.

enoilgam

HSC
You were right on the money. I have to say, I had a gut feeling the no vote would gut out a narrow victory. Either way, I expected the results to be close (max 10 points) so I was very surprised to see a 23 point victory. Even though the polls largely pointed to this margin, I had a strong suspicion that they had overstated the support (call it Trump-Brexit syndrome).

As much as I disagree with the whole plebiscite, it has backfired big time for the No campaign. Had they gone for a parliamentary vote, they could have spun the whole "silent majority, men in Canberra" line to negate the outcome. But now, with a landslide defeat in a high turnout vote, their authority and influence has been reduced considerably. They just cant negate this outcome.

That being said, full credit to the No campaign who I think ran the superior campaign. Evidently though, it seems as if most people had made up their minds prior to the vote and there must have been very few swing voters to win over. I was very surprised with the regional/rural vote being split down the middle. Given that this is the last real bastion of Christianity in Australia, I expected a resounding No. Even in the Toowoomba region, which is considered to be a major Christian stronghold, the result was within a few points. I guess it points to the decline of Christian influence across the country (which has been brewing for years).

In regards to which Bill, I think it will be the one proposed by Senator Smith will probably win with minor amendments - the government has a mandate and they would be foolish to mess around here. I dont really oppose the Paterson bill and the conscientious objectors clause - I look at it this way, if I were gay and spending my hard earned money on an expensive wedding, Id rather pay businesses who were supportive. At least with the Paterson Bill, Id know who they are and would be able to direct my dollars towards them.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
its alright to be naturally cautious

the brexit/trump thing really shook people's faith in traditional polling, but in their instances they were fairly nuanced cases that weren't quite the miracles people made them out to be. they were both within the margin of error. the problem with the ssm australia polls being wrong was they would have had to have been wrong to an ENORMOUS DEGREE -- well beyond the margin of error, and thus statistically extremely unlikely.

"shy respondent" effects are imo an overstated thing, generally speaking, esp in the case of trump voters and ssm opponents, most of them are pretty outspoken to begin with. no qualms saying what "everybody else" is allegedly thinking.

Last edited:

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
what was really incredible about the results to me is how much and how strongly western sydney went no. paul keating's old electorate had the biggest no vote in the country ffs!! even my electorate (parkes), the most rural electorate in new south wales went majority yes. this testifies to how socially conservative a lot of australia's immigrants are, esp muslims. really underscores the absurdity, and inevitable fragility, of the labor coalition - would-be green voters, reactionary old world values migrants, and working class honkies, all under one top. what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
what was really incredible about the results to me is how much and how strongly western sydney went no. paul keating's old electorate had the biggest no vote in the country ffs!! even my electorate (parkes), the most rural electorate in new south wales went majority yes. this testifies to how socially conservative a lot of australia's immigrants are, esp muslims. really underscores the absurdity, and inevitable fragility, of the labor coalition - would-be green voters, reactionary old world values migrants, and working class honkies, all under one top. what could possibly go wrong?
That was probably the least surprising to me - I come from an ethnic family (albeit, we have been in the country for several decades) and most of my extended family voted no. Antony Green from the ABC summed it up pretty well "ABC election analyst Antony Green said these results indicated that so-called "conscience" issues in Australia tend to move along cultural and religious lines rather than the class-based issues which tend to define national politics"

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
ya it came as no surprise to me as well, but there'll be a lot of smug shitheads out there'll blaming the high no vote in western syd on those fucken bogans, anything to prevent naming the real culprits lololol

bill shorten's "big australia" fodder has officially delivered nsw to the position of most homophobic state in australia. even QLD, the land of fucking JOH, out-progressed us. state of origin baby

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
ya it came as no surprise to me as well, but there'll be a lot of smug shitheads out there'll blaming the high no vote in western syd on those fucken bogans, anything to prevent naming the real culprits lololol

bill shorten's "big australia" fodder has officially delivered nsw to the position of most homophobic state in australia. even QLD, the land of fucking JOH, out-progressed us!!!
With immigrants, it's to be expected, I very much felt they were an x-factor in the race. You find over time though, values do change. By the second and third generation, many ethnics will have assimilation with Australian culture. Looking at the Southern Europeans for example, the second generations very much reflect Australian values more than their parents.

It's funny though, Sydney contained some of the strongest electorates in terms of both yes and no support

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
i agree with that, i'm just finding this extremely funny. i didn't even care enough to vote myself. the data nerd in me however would love to see how second/third gen people of varying backgrounds actually voted, but we'll probably never know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)