• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Saudi religious police ban red roses for valentine's day (no joke) lol (1 Viewer)

Venom.

HSC
Meh fuck it. The Saudi's are crazy, dont know why this has generated so much new outrage. Fuck Valentines Day, women aren't allowed to transport themselves in that country.

HSC
i remember watching a video on islam once, and how the importance of virginity is emphasised, it was a documentary filmed in saudi arabia, and dis chick was talkin about how this teenage chicks father took her to a gyno and had her checkd and he found dat she had lost her virginity so he beheaded her, and also wen a newly married couple have had sex the mother in law check for blood on the sheets to see if shes a virigin, and if shes not shes killed or something.. but yeh its harsh for women in the middle east my heart goes out to them...
fuck i hope Israel bombs saudi arabia.

ill change my avatar, srs.

Venom.

HSC
I really doubt the authenticity of that documentary dd24. I mean, the country enforces a barbaric and backward "version" of Islam, but I doubt they allow for these sort of honor killingz.

HSC
as much as its barbaric it is Islam. Well, they believe they are following the true religion.

Pottermaniac

HSC
people just find it easy to comment on how wrong the other person is, what makes you guys think you have the right to do that and i don't think anyone on this thread even bothered to find out whether the ban on red roses is even true or not... if anyone bothered to look into the true laws of islam you'd find that out of all the religions islam is the only one which gives maximum protection to women and their rights, the whole "beating up a woman cuz she was seen with a guy she wasn't married to" is not a part of islam and its teachings..all of that is just made up so called traditions of certain cultures..IT IS NOT WHAT ISLAM IS ALL ABOUT.....

Last edited:

Venom.

HSC
its true, coz there have been so many reported accounts of the events and the law just give a blind eye to the shit
Breach of Sharia law =/= True Islam.

BigBen, the KKK think they're true Christians, doesnt make it true. And for once I sort of agree with Parlabane.

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
what is true Islam? within the limits of center left and center right? ludicrous. its up for interpretation by anybody.

Venom.

HSC
By flaunting obvious breaches of Islamic law, they are not muslims. Simple as that.

HSC
By flaunting obvious breaches of Islamic law, they are not muslims. Simple as that.
I have come to the understanding if a certain sect of Muslims do not adhere to the precise idea of any other brand of Islam they are automatically labeled non Muslim.
If they adhere to the Shahadah they are Muslim. Deal with it.

for all i know your interpretation could be wrong and they are correct. therefore your non Muslim.

Last edited:

Venom.

HSC
I have come to the understanding if a certain sect of Muslims do not adhere to the precise idea of any other brand of Islam they are automatically labeled non Muslim.
If they adhere to the Shahadah they are Muslim. Deal with it.

for all i know your interpretation could be wrong and they are correct. therefore your non Muslim.
Fair enough. But the Shahadah is not the sole test of whether a person is muslim or not. Wahabbis I believe are well beyond the realms of Islam. An interpretation, when so widely criticised and obviously wrong, doesnt make it fact.

HSC
Fair enough. But the Shahadah is not the sole test of whether a person is muslim or not. Wahabbis I believe are well beyond the realms of Islam. An interpretation, when so widely criticised and obviously wrong, doesnt make it fact.
what is wrong about it in reference to sharia law?

Venom.

HSC
what is wrong about it in reference to sharia law?
Sharia law is based on proper judicial processes. Do you think what dd24 said happened (mother-in-law kills daughter due to being non-virgin) is an example of correct judicial process, or of honor killings? Its a sign of obvious corruption, which is fair enough, because Saudi is crazy.

HSC
Sharia law is based on proper judicial processes. Do you think what dd24 said happened (mother-in-law kills daughter due to being non-virgin) is an example of correct judicial process, or of honor killings? Its a sign of obvious corruption, which is fair enough, because Saudi is crazy.
according to Sharia Law, the claimed book of god precisely indicates that For unmarried men and women who have sex, the punishment prescribed is 100 lashes.
source- Quran 24:02
Now, hypothetical speaking, in the presence of a proper judicial process and whatever conditions you like to put forward,do you truly believe that such a punishment should be handed down?

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
people just find it easy to comment on how wrong the other person is, what makes you guys think you have the right to do that and i don't think anyone on this thread even bothered to find out whether the ban on red roses is even true or not... if anyone bothered to look into the true laws of islam you'd find that out of all the religions islam is the only one which gives maximum protection to women and their rights, the whole "beating up a woman cuz she was seen with a guy she wasn't married to" is not a part of islam and its teachings..all of that is just made up so called traditions of certain cultures..IT IS NOT WHAT ISLAM IS ALL ABOUT.....
[non-Wahhabi citation needed]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)