SC 2007 - Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

fayeee

HSC
Lol hopefully
My friend said that criteria marking is super easy
so.. let's hope it is ...
haha

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Well, if you look at marking guidelines for the HSC you'd see that they're fairly vague in some areas. Could just be which marker you get.... hope I get a nice one.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Re: SC 2007 - History/Geography

I suck at History and Geography so I basically bsed all the way >.<"
I don't get the fieldwork question, we never learnt about fieldwork.

militiaman

HSC
For processes I did this.

Mini diagram at the top with:

Inputs (listed a number of causes below) > arrows> |Process (Air Pollution/Quality)| > arrows> Outputs (listed a number of causes below)

Then beneath this I wrote the information under 2 headings: Inputs and Outputs.

Inputs I just discussed the causes of air pollution, such as cars, power plants etc.

Outputs I only had a couple of lines to write on so I briefly discussed respiration issues, global warming.

Would have loved to get a full page to write everything!

ajdlinux

HSC
militiaman said:
For processes I did this.

Mini diagram at the top with:

Inputs (listed a number of causes below) > arrows> |Process (Air Pollution/Quality)| > arrows> Outputs (listed a number of causes below)

Then beneath this I wrote the information under 2 headings: Inputs and Outputs.

Inputs I just discussed the causes of air pollution, such as cars, power plants etc.

Outputs I only had a couple of lines to write on so I briefly discussed respiration issues, global warming.

Would have loved to get a full page to write everything!
OK, I just wrote about some industrial stuff that causes emissions, then that ozone causes respiratory problems, NOx causes smog, CO is toxic, SO2 causes acid rain, but that was it. Didn't think to draw an IPO chart.

C

cagla

ajdlinux said:
Well, if you look at marking guidelines for the HSC you'd see that they're fairly vague in some areas. Could just be which marker you get.... hope I get a nice one.
ive been hoping 4 a nice marker the entire time!

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Re: SC 2007 - History/Geography

I didn't notice a bunch of a certain letter but the top 5 rows of my History multiple choice were symmetrical o.0

militiaman

HSC
ajdlinux said:
OK, I just wrote about some industrial stuff that causes emissions, then that ozone causes respiratory problems, NOx causes smog, CO is toxic, SO2 causes acid rain, but that was it. Didn't think to draw an IPO chart.
I was a bit stumped with the question at first because I never really focused on how to do the processes part in the test, so I just did it way our teacher taught us.

I just hope I had enough actual information for the markers to give the full 5 marks. As I said I would have done a whole page on it if I could.

Ppen

HSC
For the processes i wrote about urban growth and decline and pretty much just the key terms (eg. gentrification, urban consolidation etc.)

blahh blahhh

HSC
dudeeessss i reconn i did o0okk ... although was a bit shocked about wat they gave us .. about the longg responsee stuff .....humannn ryts i wasnt expctin datt ... but hadd a feelin it was gannna com in .. aww n i recon i aced the 15 mrk question for historyy ... i did john kerr n whitlam dissmisal ... oda den datt it wass guddd ....... i reconn a band 5 .. n dat field wrkk was stuffed up too .... went blank dere n the indo-chinese one fingyy ... about the impact of vietnam warr .. ... hopee i gett gudd *fingerss crossed*

kkwok25

UAI aim: 85+
HSC
blahh blahhh said:
dudeeessss i reconn i did o0okk ... although was a bit shocked about wat they gave us .. about the longg responsee stuff .....humannn ryts i wasnt expctin datt ... but hadd a feelin it was gannna com in .. aww n i recon i aced the 15 mrk question for historyy ... i did john kerr n whitlam dissmisal ... oda den datt it wass guddd ....... i reconn a band 5 .. n dat field wrkk was stuffed up too .... went blank dere n the indo-chinese one fingyy ... about the impact of vietnam warr .. ... hopee i gett gudd *fingerss crossed*
hahaha yeah i know. well i read here that the geo essay might be on human rights so luckily i studied that xD i studied ageing population for no reason though. but i think i stuffed up the geo essays, but aced history essay but stuffed up his multiple choice but aced geo multiple choice LOLL so extraudinary.
i did my essay on womens liberation even though i didnt know much about germaine greer....i dont know what to write like one and a half page on kerr lol.

C

cagla

did anybody write about the stolen generations?

i wrote about the problems they faced regarding their forcible removal and not... wateva the question asked.

militiaman

HSC
Yeah, my Geography teacher is a champ for picking it to be on Human Right/Rec. She picked the right one last year too, got her 10+ band 6's (this is in a dumb school).
This was probably my most confident section in the test. I chose Reconciliation and about 1/4 of it was on the N.T intervention response by the government. All those times of watching the 7.30 Report paid off I guess :D

kkwok25

UAI aim: 85+
HSC
cagla said:

i wrote about the problems they faced regarding their forcible removal and not... wateva the question asked.
i wrote about the stolen generations. i cant remember the question was, but i just wrote how the aboriginal women were abused and raped...umm, what effects aboriginals had like loss of identity and stuff. i was pretty much hoping that would be the major essay question

ajdlinux

HSC
cagla said:

I wrote about the stolen generations for the rights/freedoms thing and about how they can't get any compo for it as it was actually legal and stuff. I mentioned Bringing Them Home which ought to be a full mark in itself :D

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
The Civics test went pretty good, I thought it would be harder. If only English and Science went just as well... :p

Last edited:

Lucy-Maexx

HSC
Wth was with that question in hist about taking the aboriginal children away....i automatically thought protection but it wasn't there, so i chose assimilation is this right?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
For stolen generation, I wrote about how they were slaves and they were hit. Their records were destroyed so they had no information about their past. I also wrote they had to marry white people to breed out their race. I wasn't sure, I just read it somewhere in my notes.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Lucy-Maexx said:
Wth was with that question in hist about taking the aboriginal children away....i automatically thought protection but it wasn't there, so i chose assimilation is this right?
I picked assimilation, but I don't know. I was thinking that it happened in the earlier policies so if protection wasn't there, then it could be assimilation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)