SC 2007 - Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Lucy-Maexx said:
Wth was with that question in hist about taking the aboriginal children away....i automatically thought protection but it wasn't there, so i chose assimilation is this right?
I said assimilation as the ultimate aim of the stolen generation was to release them with white culture and beliefs basically, and they were expected to be servants in white society.

OASIS92

HSC
Re: SC 2007 - History/Geography

yep...it was aid.
I didnt know anything for human rights-disaster.

completely agree with militiman: not nearly enough space.

zenophobia

HSC
I put Aid and Assimilation for those two questions.

The wind speed and direction (specifically the direction) was the thing that got me. I know that you always label a wind from its direction, and the wind blows FROM the tail end of the wind indicator. The tail was at the eastern side, so I thought its direction was 20km to the west?

Not sure.

Also, I kind of skipped around the last Geography question rather than answering because I had no idea. The last History question was identical to my trials too. :p

zenophobia

HSC
I did urban growth and decline for the geographical issue question, and just briefly defined some of the related issues: urban growth, urban decline, urban renewal, gentrification, etc.

ajdlinux

HSC
sikhman said:
i'm pretty sure wind direction is always taken from the direction its coming from, not where its going....
I'm inclined to think otherwise, on the basis of westerly wind means heading west.

homijoe

HSC
im getting a bit worried about my geo long response coz i didnt have time to write a conclusion for my long response. would i lose alot of markz?

Ppen

HSC
Just reccapping on some Australian Hist m/c questions and my answers, what did u guys answer?
  • The question with new products and technologies post WWII -i put both statements true
  • Event that provoked communism in 50's? - surely Korean War
  • the source about communism and the issue it highlighted? - i put attempt to ban communist parties
  • the sourcce with views of menzies and arthur calwell on vietnam, why is it useful to historians? - i think i put something about opposing views
  • the source with the smiling/happy conscripts, what does the source tell us? - i put something that sounded like: it shows that conscription had a good effect on young men
  • also from smiling conscripts and negative view of conscripts (forgot the question) - i put it has different perspectives
thats all i remember :confused: sry if my questions or answers are inaccurate.

Ppen

HSC
same here xenophobia.... it was basically inda the glossary terms, wasnt much depth

Last edited:

zenophobia

HSC
A westerly wind means the wind is coming FROM the west.

I don't think you lose marks for not putting a conclusion, I have seen students in the past not concluding their long answers in sample answers from the "high-mark range". I think you're okay.

My answers:
* The question with new products and technologies post WWII
Both true

* Event that provoked communism in 50's?
Korean War

* the source about communism and the issue it highlighted?
Conscription - I was sure that the Communist Party ban was in 1950, not 1951 as cited.

* the source with views of menzies and arthur calwell on vietnam, why is it useful to historians?
The government and opposition were divided

* the source with the smiling/happy conscripts, what does the source tell us?
Conscription had a positive effect on young men (but it doesn't seem correct)

* also from smiling conscripts and negative view of conscripts (forgot the question)
I can't remember this question...

Last edited:

ajdlinux

HSC
I'm starting to think you're right and I'm just forgetting my geography knowledge... somehow I got 99% in my trials, but there was like no physical geography in that.

zenophobia

HSC
I just found the Communist Party Dissolution Bill was 1951. Blah. Oh well. But I put the Liberal-Coalition Party would have made the banner...

The last thing I looked over outside the exam hall was my urban growth and decline glossary so that was worthwhile.

homijoe

HSC
zenophobia said:
* the source with the smiling/happy conscripts, what does the source tell us?
Conscription had a positive effect on young men (but it doesn't seem correct)

No actually ur ryt coz in the question said wat was the aim of this photograph in 1960...and the government used that photo to show that life in the army was pleasent hence encourage troops to particpate in the war.

zenophobia

HSC
Ah I see.

Yay, I now have one question confirmed correct! Yeah!

:p

homijoe

HSC
Hey see for the geo population pyramid wat do u say for the diffferences between indigenous and non-indignous population ? mine were:
1.Indigenous people had higher birth rates rathe than the non-indigenous
2.non-indigenous had higher life expectancy wen compared toindigenous

chaldoking

HSC
Hey guys,

Before I begin I would like to say goodluck with the marks you receive :)
History
- Multiple choice was a mixture of easy and tricky sources.
- Short Answers were okay (I went over the lines)
- Extended response was great! (Went over the lnes also)

Geography:
- Good multiple choice questions (ps. the slope aspect was North East)
- Short Answers were easy marks if you knew your stuff
- Extended Response was not to easy for me but I done recon. and spoke about Aboriginal people etc. (we didnt do that in class, not human rights and not recon.)

Overall moderate exam.

Do we lose marks for going over the lines, thats all im afraid of for both geo and history? What did you guys get for the source about opinion on vietnam? (divided society, majority or whatever else it was)

homijoe

HSC
chaldoking said:
Hey guys,

Before I begin I would like to say goodluck with the marks you receive :)
History
- Multiple choice was a mixture of easy and tricky sources.
- Short Answers were okay (I went over the lines)
- Extended response was great! (Went over the lnes also)

Geography:
- Good multiple choice questions (ps. the slope aspect was North East)
- Short Answers were easy marks if you knew your stuff
- Extended Response was not to easy for me but I done recon. and spoke about Aboriginal people etc. (we didnt do that in class, not human rights and not recon.)

Overall moderate exam.

Do we lose marks for going over the lines, thats all im afraid of for both geo and history? What did you guys get for the source about opinion on vietnam? (divided society, majority or whatever else it was)
I doubt they'll minue marks coz u went over the liness..they were pretty few lines 2 write on esp for the geograhical issues/process.

If ur talkin about the source question about australias involvement in vietnam towards the end i fink... i put that historians would study it coz it showed divison in governments or societies watever it was.

sarahbradley07

Gold Coast Schoolies '09
HSC
Haii !

Well i think i went REALLY well in history it was easy as . but being the idiot i am i wrote the wrong name for the opposition leader (who is malcolm fraser) in my thing about the whitlam dismissal. other than that i think i did heaps aweseom ... however for geography i wouldnt be suprised if i fail. its not the fact i didnt know it or anything it just bores the crap outta me and i cant be bothered . i liked all the writing tasks in both history and geography because im good at rambling on about things =] ! the tent embassy one would have to be THE easiest question ever ! hahaha

fayeee

HSC
HAHA yeah
history was good =]

geo, i'm seriously expecting shit low.
"human rights is very good."
mhm, sure is.

homijoe

HSC
sarahbradley07 said:
Haii !

Well i think i went REALLY well in history it was easy as . but being the idiot i am i wrote the wrong name for the opposition leader (who is malcolm fraser) in my thing about the whitlam dismissal. other than that i think i did heaps aweseom ... however for geography i wouldnt be suprised if i fail. its not the fact i didnt know it or anything it just bores the crap outta me and i cant be bothered . i liked all the writing tasks in both history and geography because im good at rambling on about things =] ! the tent embassy one would have to be THE easiest question ever ! hahaha
Wat did u talk about 4 the tent embassy question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)