SC 2007 - Science (1 Viewer)

Lothy

HSC
I think I went okay. But damn lol about 1/4 way into the exam Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne could be heard throughout the hall cause a class opposite us had the music up way too loud :$
That and the noise from lunch -_-

Few iffy questions though throughout the paper, but most was alright.

I think I stuffed up that acceleration one now :S

No graph which was also kind of weird o.0!

chadmeleon

HSC
yeah i found it ok but kinda weird...barely any of it was stuff we could have studied...i also got really tired and over it in like the last hour...
also didnt help that our whole rom had to leave and change classes halfway through cause there were all these tiny spiders crawling everywhere...oh well added some entertainment :(

marxisming

HSC
militiaman said:
- Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis, right? (It's sort of like burning)
- I put nitrogen oxide from fertiliser was the one from least human activity, though I can see that it could also be methane. I argued against putting methane due to the fact that farming cattle and rice are heavily human activities.
- What graph did you guys put for the acceleration of a ball down a ramp. I had no clue after I thought about it, I think I put the straight line going at a 45 degree angle from (0,0)
- Was it combustion or decomposition in that calcium carbonate reaction?

Anyway the rest of it was fairly easy, shoot a little bull here, shoot a little bull there, probably >90% in this section for me.

Unless I stuffup on a lot of multiple choice (like the ones above) then I should get a band 6.

- you just had to acknowledge that reactants are on the left side, and products are on the right. (i hope ur talking about the question asking you identify the recatants)
- that nitrogen oxide thing ur talking about- you had to read and intepret from source B (that's if ur talking about mc 48-50 cuz i seriously cnt rmember)
- i did the same graph as you. and im sure that graph was incorrect
-it was combustion - anything to do with heat is a combustion recation.

Rhystah

HSC
I'm pretty sure the acceleration graph was A, the upwards curvy one.
If you roll a ball down a slope, wouldn't it get faster and faster?

Rhodes

HSC
Well the acceleration graph was just the straight line, because the acceleration is constant. IF it was a velocity time graph then the velocity would be like an exponential curve. It could not be the 45 degree angle one because that would mean the acceleration is changing. Which it is not. In acceleration the velocity changes not the acceleration. Therefore it must be a straight line.

stoj19

HSC
Hey,

I also got stuck on the question about the waves + energy + frequency one.....I knew that the frequency was different in all of them as it is the number of wavelenghts in a second....but then I was like...how the heck do you measure the 'energy' typical school certificate broad bloody questions.....

But with the balll rolling down the slope it was the one with the line going up at 45 degress as the acceleration of the ball is equal at all times as the question said "an even slope".

I was considering the one with the weird upward curve although that would be the speed of the ball not the acceleration.

Time to study for some maths....and history and geography.....yeah fun fun... *cough*

buttercupjuice

HSC
HOW come every thought it was easy :\

i thought it was the hardest science test iv sat through --"

like the copper carbonate strategry crap , and the satellite one --" GREAT .

militiaman

HSC
Hmm, maybe I should have read the full question in the human activity and gases one. I was thinking of only 3 answers, but duh, there has to be 4.

Oh well, 1 wrong but all the others confirmed.

And here's what I remember of the ball one (the gist of it anyway) "A ball is rolled down a smooth slope. Which graph shows its acceleration?"

X axis time, Y axis acceleration

A) Exponential curve
B) ---------
\
..\
C)\
....../
...../
D)/

jellybelly59

HSC
Rhodes said:
Well the acceleration graph was just the straight line, because the acceleration is constant. IF it was a velocity time graph then the velocity would be like an exponential curve. It could not be the 45 degree angle one because that would mean the acceleration is changing. Which it is not. In acceleration the velocity changes not the acceleration. Therefore it must be a straight line.
yerp i got it wrong lol

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
It should be a straight line downwards. Because if the graph was going upwards, it would mean that it's acceleration was increasing. If you combine this with a never ending slope, this would mean that the ball could reach the speed of light or something - impossible. Well, that's just my theory. :)

yvettemaree47

HSC
I found the exam to be okay... I didn't like the satellite or the flowchart.
I sat there checking my flowchart for about 10 minutes and then realised it was only worth 2 marks... 2 MARKS!!!

jellybelly59

HSC
lol continuum not to burst ur bubble.... u can't tell when the line will slope downwards (ur idea of never ending slope) but u can't presume it is going to be infinitely rising to the point where it is the speed of light lol.... :D

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
lol continuum not to burst ur bubble.... u can't tell when the line will slope downwards (ur idea of never ending slope) but u can't presume it is going to be infinitely rising to the point where it is the speed of light lol.... :D
Haha, oh well, I fail at life and everything else. :rofl:

militiaman

HSC
The ball would not reach the speed of light, it would just reach its terminal velocity. This is the highest speed that an object can reach on earth due to wind resistance (it would be different in a vacuum). This is why skydivers don't accelerate infinitely.

As for the straight line idea, I thought that could be an answer, but I'm not entirely convinced. I would think there'd be some sort of difference in acceleration. Hmm, its a good point though.

Edit: Say that gravity is the force on this ball, then it would remain constant I would guess. Would wind resistance slow its acceleration though? I would assume yes on Earth due to the terminal velocity thing.

Last edited:

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i hate science! :burn:
as this is my last ime ever of doing science, i hope i did "well".
i think i will get like 60-75% :bomb:

YES, NO MORE SCIENCE:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)