SC affecting the HCS?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKooL

HSC
My teacher said that if you did really crap in the SC then it might pull your uai down when you are doing your HSC.

Anyone heard of this story? or is it fake?

Thanks in advance.

Loza33

HSC
I have never heard of this story....

But maybe it has changed since we/I did the school certificate...

I am 100% sure that MY sc has nothing to do with my UAI though it might have changed...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Load of crap. The SC has no effect on the HSC.

The only thing that I can think of that is remotely connected to what you said is that if you put no effort in Year 10 and did that again in Year 12, well obviously, the UAI will not be as high as you expected.

ellen.louise

HSC
Your teacher is bullshitting you, mate.

They do that sometimes. They shouldn't: it's actually not really allowed. They are meant to advise you accurately on these things and not try to guilt trip or lie to you to get you to work harder.

JustKooL

HSC
Yeah I couldn't believe it when she said it.

But she was really serious, like she was saying if you got like 30/100 for your average SC mark, (sum of the marks of all 5 subjects)/5, then you get really good for your uai e.g. 95 or something, then the board of studies would bring your marks down since you did so crap in the SC. She was saying like the board of studies wouldn't believe that such a person can improve so much in 2 years. =.="

ellen.louise

HSC
JustKooL said:
Yeah I couldn't believe it when she said it.

But she was really serious, like she was saying if you got like 30/100 for your average SC mark, (sum of the marks of all 5 subjects)/5, then you get really good for your uai e.g. 95 or something, then the board of studies would bring your marks down since you did so crap in the SC. She was saying like the board of studies wouldn't believe that such a person can improve so much in 2 years. =.="
Yeah it's bull. They won't do that, don't worry. Your prelim marks don't count either.

random1990

HSC
complete bullshit. the only way i could see it counting, is if you do well in yr 10 then you might get put into a smarter class (if your classes are graded) and then you might do better because you have a better teacher/class.

otherwise a complete load of crap! nothing u do until term 4 yr 11 (term 1 yr 12) actually counts!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yeah its not true - i don`t think its changed since the rest of us did our SC either.

HSC
N/A
JustKool said:
My teacher said that if you did really crap in the SC then it might pull your uai down when you are doing your HSC.
Fake.
Anyone heard of this story? or is it fake?
Yes, though I knew it was fake a long time ago; it's merely a scare tactic as others have dubbed it, however, they're nothing bad about doing well in it and trying.

It's an indicator of how you lie in your year cohort, too.
Good luck with it, however you choose to approach it; don't get stressed over, and stress, it too much, though.:)

HSC
Yep, like everyone else has said; it's bullshit. Haha.
ellen.louise said:
Yeah so are mine. In year 12 teachers become the most awesome people on the planet. well... most of them do
Yeah, most of my teacher's are pretty good. I don't know whether I'd go as far as saying "most awesome people on the planet", but they would be close.

JustKooL

HSC
lol, thanks for the replies. I am not as scared now as before cuz I wasn't even planning about spending effort into the SC lol

~untitled~

HSC
The people in your class for year 10, that left after the sc, are included, and take up the bottom placings in class in order to boost your scores higher, is what i was told by the uai guy at our school. But apart from that than that, the sc has absolutly no impact on your hsc marks and uai.

Magicana

HSC
If you got an average overall of 30 in the School Certificate you should drop out of school anyway. No way you could improve to get above a UAI of 90 (As cited in your example).

I mean, its so easy to get a band 4-5 in the school certificate without trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)