Sc Tmrw! (1 Viewer)

super-shinobi

HSC
militiaman said:
The thing I'm most looking forward to is watching some of the dropkicks that go to my public school get kicked out of the exam. I swear there'll be at least 5 people that it happens to.

When we were doing our trials for maths in the hall the lower 5.1 classes all started tapping on the desks because they were finished, which pissed off all of the 5.3 people. The school exam supervisors (teachers) are used to that kind of crap, so they didn't kick them out.
How come you guys got trials? I dont remember doing trial exams... maybe my yearly exams account for that? =S

super-shinobi

HSC
Oh right... okay then XD

Oh crap... If thats the case, I done pretty crap in all my exams... should I be worried?

Well the english exam made us do 2 essays and one short answer! our sc exam wont even be testing us on macbeth or the american dream right!?!?! or possible poetry?

cs01001

HSC
Poetry is possible, I think there was one on Subaru or some car thing, can't remember. But Macbeth and american Dream will not be in SC. But know your poetry techniques

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Didn't we have a poem last year for our SC? Don't remember.

Know your language, poetic and visual techniques.

EDIT: Ah I remember, it was a poem on the person's Subaru :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
militiaman said:
The thing I'm most looking forward to is watching some of the dropkicks that go to my public school get kicked out of the exam. I swear there'll be at least 5 people that it happens to.

When we were doing our trials for maths in the hall the lower 5.1 classes all started tapping on the desks because they were finished, which pissed off all of the 5.3 people. The school exam supervisors (teachers) are used to that kind of crap, so they didn't kick them out.
Lol yeah sorta the same thing happened to us. There was 5.3 advanced maths like me :) on one side and 5.1 standard maths on the other side. Everyone on my side were full concentrating, looking down on their paper. Then when I glanced at the 5.1 people, they were clicking their pens, tapping their pencils and looking around randomly coz they were finished. It pissed me off. Then when we got our results back, the majority in 5.1 failed. Shame.

Oh and gl to all the people who are going to sit for the SC tomorrow :). Maths, science, computing and history I'm pumped. Just need a little more revision on history though and a LOT of revision on geography. I need to do a few english past papers right now and go through my mistakes. And DON'T PANIC, it's not the end of the world, or not the HSC lol.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but some of them don't care if they 0/100 :)

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, something about a dad being pissed at the car, lol. Have you tried doing the bridge question? :p

super-shinobi

HSC
Great! No Macbeth and American Dream!

But I stink at Poetry... does anyone have a short list of techniques? =D

Like aural, visual and something else...

Dimplez

HSC
super-shinobi said:
LOL same!!!!! I HATE GEO!! Its so bloody... !!!!!

At least you got history notes XD Ive got booklets so I'll probably skim through em but yeah.. I dont like history all that much but Ive got a really awesome History teacher so I'm gonna try my best =] Thats the only reason why Im doing modern next year =D hopefully ill get the same history teacher.

same here!! I really want to do well in my subjects cause I have really great teachers in some of them...except for my maths teacher..I do not like him... lol...ironically though maths is my fave subject... grrrr

super-shinobi

HSC
Dimplez said:
same here!! I really want to do well in my subjects cause I have really great teachers in some of them...except for my maths teacher..I do not like him... lol...ironically though maths is my fave subject... grrrr
Lol same!! I like Maths! Maths and Japanese tie as my favourite subjects =] and I like my jap teacher too ^^

my english teacher really bores me tho. Shes got a really dreamy voice that makes me want to sleep xD no one in class pays attention to her so i guess everyone studies in their own time.

Dimplez

HSC
thanks kujah :) golly gosh it is a huge list ! lol I just know the basics--- alliteration, metaphor, similie, personification, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, motifs, tautology & all that jazz...

Dimplez

HSC
super-shinobi said:
Lol same!! I like Maths! Maths and Japanese tie as my favourite subjects =] and I like my jap teacher too ^^

my english teacher really bores me tho. Shes got a really dreamy voice that makes me want to sleep xD no one in class pays attention to her so i guess everyone studies in their own time.
yep except I guess in english we just need to know techniques and the different styles of writing and stuff....

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That should be sufficient! Also remember things like tone, allusions, type of language and repetition.

Don't need to go into depth with the poetic techniques. Know the basics, and relate them to the actual poem and the poet. We're not rocket scientists trying to deconstruct poems :)

Scotty101

HSC
Yeah, good luck everyone..

anyone else completely screwed for geo? i did like my yearly and scored 8th in the grade out of 170... my mark was like 78% lmao. my teacher should b shot.

cya

super-shinobi

HSC
Lol yup yup im screwed for geo!! but im looking at notes people have posted up =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)