scaling for bio (1 Viewer)

riya03

HSC
Suppose if my internal mark for bio is 80 and on the day of HSC, i do really well...would it be possible to score a band 6..atleast 90?

Also how much does bio scale? i know its not that great

School rank: top 5

Also up to half yearlies my rank was 48/56. Any chance or getting a band 6? Although I do think i did well in the trials this time round

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Dont worry about internal marks, as they are heavily moderated by the BOS. Its ALL about rankings.

riya03

HSC
yeah my ranks arent that great so im really starting to worry

fiesycal

HSC
Look through your school yearly report or ask around to see how many people in your school typically get band 6 in bio. That should give you a good indication. But at the end of the day if you own your externals since you go to top 5 school you should be able to get a band 6.

tambam

HSC
yeah my ranks arent that great so im really starting to worry
If yoou did well in trials and they were worth a lot, then that's good for you, might push your rank up.
And your schoool is top 5, do you know how many normallly get band 6?
Otherwise, its all about rankings...but maybe iff you do really well in the hsc you can still pull off a low band 6. Or your school could do exceptiionally well as a whole which could mean even with your bad rank yoou could get a decnt mark

tambam

HSC
Look through your school yearly report or ask around to see how many people in your school typically get band 6 in bio. That should give you a good indication. But at the end of the day if you own your externals since you go to top 5 school you should be able to get a band 6.
Gees, go away. Way to waste my tiime typing up a post

riots

HSC
N/A
Last year 52% of the bio cohort got a band 6.
I'd say a band 6 would be pushing it if you're 48/56, but hey that was your half-yearly rank - it could have (and most likely has) changed now. All you need to do now is smash your externals.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn! more them half. In my year i'm probably going to be the only one who gets a Band 6 out of 15 students.
Lol I think it's similar at my school. The teacher is hoping for ~7 band 6s but atm it's most likely going to be 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)