Scared about getting trial marks back? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Got all my trial results bak:

Mod History: 79/100
Chemistry: 66/100
English Paper 1: 35/45
English Paper 2: 49/60
Math Extension 2: 107/120
Math Extension 1: 83/84
I'm so jealous of your Math marks.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I'm so jealous of your Math marks.
dont be. my trial papers were definitely way easier than the independent past papers i did. the only reason i lost 13 marks in 4U was that my school put in some series questions which stuffed me up as i couldnt remember the sum of a geo series formula.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Annoying things that happened in my math exams:
- Silly mistakes.
- In my Math Ext 2 Independent Paper, I looked at question 1 and saw 12/15. 'wtf. I thought I did pretty good at the integration questions'. Turns out I accidentally skipped a pretty easy 3 marker integration by parts question.

LOL Biology:
For my option we were meant to do it in the exam booklet but I did mine in a separate booklet. Shock horror when I saw about a million 0's over my option section. Then my teacher crossed it out and wrote "IN ANOTHER BOOKLET"

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Annoying things that happened in my math exams:
- Silly mistakes.
- In my Math Ext 2 Independent Paper, I looked at question 1 and saw 12/15. 'wtf. I thought I did pretty good at the integration questions'. Turns out I accidentally skipped a pretty easy 3 marker integration by parts question.

LOL Biology:
For my option we were meant to do it in the exam booklet but I did mine in a separate booklet. Shock horror when I saw about a million 0's over my option section. Then my teacher crossed it out and wrote "IN ANOTHER BOOKLET"
silly mistakes will always happen. and unluky on missing that integration question. so u shuld have actually gotten 95 nice.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Trial results:
English Adv: 81/105 (77%)
Maths Extension 2: 85/120 (71%)
Chemistry: 88.5/101 (88%)
Physics: 86/100 (86%)
Biology: 92.5/100 (92.5%)

I'm pretty much happy with all my marks except 4u maths :S

HSC
Uni Grad
i sat the exam choice chem paper

shit marking criteria

one of the 6 mark questions was "evaluate the social and environmental impacts of the evolving methods in sodium hydroxide production"

marking criteria gave 4 marks for a detailed description of the chemistry behind each method

khfreakau

HSC
ended up with only 89/100 because of that and other shit

was expecting 95ish :(

ugh
lol mate... if you think it's bad, you should try our school's science department D: they scab questions from catholic/examchoice/independent/hsc for our paper, use the exact same marking criteria EXCEPT they make it more specific. people running around getting 2s and 3s for a 6 marker in phys where they wrote 1.5 pages of decent material was simply shocking. other bs which didn't make sense was like 15 students losing marks for having "unclear numbers" in their working, and the marking criteria asking for direction of the force/acceleration, and you losing the mark if you put centripetal force/acceleration.
In particular there was this RIDICULOUS question where they asked to draw the direction due to a magnetic field on the diagram. if you drew the arrow next to the magnetic field, you lost the mark. edit: 2009 cssa physics paper, if you have access to it. q23a.
If you wrote upwards instead of up the page for the direction of a force, you lost the mark.
In short, it was pretty stupid.

my exam marks so far:
3u maths: 77/84 - really disappointed with this, lost all 7 marks on sillies. the paper wasn't too hard, but it was definitely more difficult than the catholic paper.
4u maths: 107/120 - really happy with this, despite losing about the same amount on sillies as 3u.
phys: 87/100 - i'll be getting another mark soon for sure though, and maybe another two after that. it would be nice if i could bump up to 90. the top guy got 99... i don't even understand how it's possible with our marking criteria. i'm pretty sure he's gonna state rank haha.

Last edited:

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
lol mate... if you think it's bad, you should try our school's science department D: they scab questions from catholic/examchoice/independent/hsc for our paper, use the exact same marking criteria EXCEPT they make it more specific. people running around getting 2s and 3s for a 6 marker in phys where they wrote 1.5 pages of decent material was simply shocking. other bs which didn't make sense was like 15 students losing marks for having "unclear numbers" in their working, and the marking criteria asking for direction of the force/acceleration, and you losing the mark if you put centripetal force/acceleration.
In particular there was this RIDICULOUS question where they asked to draw the direction due to a magnetic field on the diagram. if you drew the arrow next to the magnetic field, you lost the mark.
If you wrote upwards instead of up the page for the direction of a force, you lost the mark.
In short, it was pretty stupid.

my exam marks so far:
3u maths: 77/84 - really disappointed with this, lost all 7 marks on sillies. the paper wasn't too hard, but it was definitely more difficult than the catholic paper.
4u maths: 107/120 - really happy with this, despite losing about the same amount on sillies as 3u.
phys: 87/100 - i'll be getting another mark soon for sure though, and maybe another two after that. it would be nice if i could bump up to 90. the top guy got 99... i don't even understand how it's possible with our marking criteria. i'm pretty sure he's gonna state rank haha.
lol.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I'll scan our school's chem paper when I get my hands on it.

Avg was around 57, highest mark 80.

Top 20 school lmao.

tambam

HSC
Scared about getting English back!
It's been 3 weeks and everythinggs already marked, but teachers are too busy catching people who allegedly 'plagiarised' and 'cheated'...

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Scared about getting English back!
It's been 3 weeks and everythinggs already marked, but teachers are too busy catching people who allegedly 'plagiarised' and 'cheated'...
how the fuk do you plagiarise a essay written in an exam room.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I got my Maths marks back:

School Rank: ~30

Maths Advanced
Mark: 112/120 - 93% [Might become 113/120 - 94%]

Maths Extension 1
Mark: 58/84 - 69% [Most people could only do 75% of the exam, highest was 92% or 94% (not sure)]

That MX1 exam was so hard compared to any other exam I've seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)