• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby or "Bali Nine" (2 Viewers)

Who would you prefer to see executed?

• Schapelle Corby

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • "Bali Nine"

Votes: 56 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tattoodguy

korn - police can do random searches? I honestly dont think so.

Your right about the gun thing, even for self protection you should have the right to have a gun atleast in ur fucking home.

Society isnt fucking safe, you cant wait for the police to save you.

tattoodguy

i think the police should, only be able to search for terrorist stufff.

They shouldnt be searching any non terrorist looking people.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
i jsut meant a bit of a push and shove, threw a few chairs around, within a family etc, that sort of thing happens from time to time.

it wasnt that serious.

I dont really care about about laws, i mean, the laws arnt always right.

You should just do the right thing, not what the law says.

sometimes its ok to bash people who cares what the crimes act says.

Why should u follow immoral laws?

I will tell you why. Whose morals do we follow. I don't want to follow yours and I am sure you don't want to follow mine. So we follow the law. Whether you think you are right, the law doesn't care, you must follow the law and that is fair. Law is there to legitimise, to regulate and to prohibit. These processes are what keep our society going.

And if you don't care what the crimes act says, then don't expect any sympathy from the court.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
but if part of ur job is to be shot at etc? if you get shot too bad, thats ur job.
It's a risk yes. But it's not their job to get shot, read the law. Whilst you don't care, it establishes the role of the police. Hey fair is fair, I read about hip hop and gang culture to better understand them, I think you should read about police to find out about them.

if we are just going to fork out mega bucks everytime a wimpy police officer gets scared, they get a good salary for the work they do, part of that high salary takes into account the risks involved.

I keep saying this again and again, and it seems you haven't the mind to understand compensation. The law in civil claims is to shift loss to the person responsible or who contributed.

When u get shot, u should just take it on the chin, because over the years your high slarary compensated you already.

Too bad police don't get a high salary.

Being shot is maybe a bit extreme, but when they are just shot at etc? and not hurt, they need to tuffen up a little and stop being such pansies.

Police don't complain getting shot at mate, I bet the crims they hunt down do, even though you don't like it. I have heard of the greiving families who have had their loved ones in the police shot-dead, that isn't fair.

Jonathan A

HSC
Korn said:
Wasnt there a law passed after 911 that allowed cops to do random searchs

May have been. It's important to distringuish between a bill (proposal) and the actual act passed.

Jonathan A

HSC
Korn said:
Is there any proof that taking away gun ownership rights has actually decreased gun crime???
Any smart crim knows not to shoot someone with a registred gun (all gun owners must register any gun they own) this is because registered guns are easy to trace.

Most illegal weapons that crims use come from the black market imports from Asia and creating gun laws to take firearms off legitamate owners has little to no impact on the criminals and only infringes on peoples freedom to participate in a sport of their own choosing (target shooting: pistol, shotgun, etc) and this will reduce the pool of talented shooters that we can send to the Olympics.
Also what about farmers and those that live on property who need a gun to kill snakes when they become a danger to peoples safety? If you wait for someone else to come it will be too late.

You only need to look at the US situation. It takes away a means of carrying out violent crimes, so it means people are less likely to commit these offences. It means people are less likely to resort to the use of weaponry. It is a known fact in work of theorist, Marcus Felson that 'props' assist crimes occuring.

And if you legitimise the process of importing weapons, you expand the potential of them entering illegally because confusing may arise between what is legit and what is illegal.

Farmers or those carrying out legitimate work is an exception, and already gun laws have a heavy regulation on the use of these firearms.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
korn - police can do random searches? I honestly dont think so.

Your right about the gun thing, even for self protection you should have the right to have a gun atleast in ur fucking home.

Society isnt fucking safe, you cant wait for the police to save you.

So let's prevent crime by allowing more props flowing through society. IT"S PROVEN, it doesn't work. You may think it works because it sounds like you will be safe, but we are a society, you increase the onset of violent offences.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:

So let's encourage discrimination?

Wasn't this a concern you had in our Mac Field discussion?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tattoodguy said:
i think the police should, only be able to search for terrorist stufff.

How do you know who is a terrorist?? David Hicks is a white Australian, and he trained with the Taliban

tattoodguy

david hicks didnt do anything. so what if he trained with terrorists in afganistan - unless he came here to blow something up i couldnt give 2 fucks.

Even if he blew something up here, i dont really care except for the fact our government would use it as an excuse to eliminate the few petty remaining freedoms we have left.

if he wants to go and blow up something in iraq good luck to him.

I think when getting on a plane etc they can search you for bombs and at some other places terrorism poses a imminent threat to alot of lives so yeah they can search for boms, but anything else they find they should leave alone.

The police shouldnt be touching anyones knives or drugs in random searches.

I never said it would reduce crime if we increased the amount of guns, i know it would probably increase crime.

The law of nature is the survival of the fittest, if the government lets me have a machine gun and someone kills me - i wouldnt complain at all.

I want the responsibility to look after myself.

Im happy to take my chances if the government got out of my way.

If i have a gun and crims have guns - and whatever happens happens.

AT the moment its like - you use your bear hands and the criminals use guns and after they kill you the police will do their best to catch them.

Let individuals protect themselves. Its a human right.

Police failed to protect me once - i could have goten killed - i should be exempt from the law. They had there chance to protect and they proved there incompetent.

Give me back my shot gun and lets seee if i can do a bettter job than the pigs.

i dont think thats unreasonable.

Lets seee police bear handed take on someone with a gun or knife, they wont do it, so why should we have too.

I also want a bullet prooof vest.

The police are too concerned with protecting themselves rather than us. They deserve no respect.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

jonathan is there any laws saying you have to respect police.

What are your rights if police harrasss you.

are you aloud to call them pigs etc etc?

i think there was a case where a guy tormented the police relating to a police officer who was killed and then the guy was on charges? do you know anything about that?

Even though it would be nice if everyone appreciated and respected the police - do you think the government should have the right to legislate saying you hvae to be nice to police officers?

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
david hicks didnt do anything. so what if he trained with terrorists in afganistan - unless he came here to blow something up i couldnt give 2 fucks.Even if he blew something up here, i dont really care except for the fact our government would use it as an excuse to eliminate the few petty remaining freedoms we have left.
Conspiracy is a criminal offence.

I never said it would reduce crime if we increased the amount of guns, i know it would probably increase crime

So you admit it's not the fault of the police that crime occur. Because you have now stated that increasing the amount of guns, increases crime.

The law of nature is the survival of the fittest, if the government lets me have a machine gun and someone kills me - i wouldnt complain at all.

I want the responsibility to look after myself.

Im happy to take my chances if the government got out of my way.

You are a silly fool. One bullet and you're gone, that's why guns are heavily regulated and illegal ownership carries a hefty penalty.

AT the moment its like - you use your bear hands and the criminals use guns and after they kill you the police will do their best to catch them.

So let's fix that by giving everyone a gun to speed the process up. What would have been a simple, "put your knife down", is now going to require the State Protection Group.

Let individuals protect themselves. Its a human right.

It is, but prevention is better than cure.

Police failed to protect me once - i could have goten killed - i should be exempt from the law. They had there chance to protect and they proved there incompetent.

Mate I think who ever tried to attack you was protecting society.

Give me back my shot gun and lets seee if i can do a bettter job than the pigs. i dont think thats unreasonable.

Res Ispa Loquitor

Lets seee police bear handed take on someone with a gun or knife, they wont do it, so why should we have too.

Police have a duty, you don't.

Get one...

The police are too concerned with protecting themselves rather than us. They deserve no respect.

Well if they are not protected, I don't think they will be able to protect us. Has your mental processes enabled you to see that?

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
jonathan is there any laws saying you have to respect police.

What are your rights if police harrasss you.

are you aloud to call them pigs etc etc?
No there isn't unless it's swearing or a threat, even then most police wouldn't take action because it may destroy your life to bring you before a magistrate and face the system because you lack respect.

The unfair thing is they can't call you a pig. If you think police have harrassed you, then again, report it to the PIC www.pic.nsw.gov.au. I would infer that YOU are the one who has done something wrong.

think there was a case where a guy tormented the police relating to a police officer who was killed and then the guy was on charges? do you know anything about that?

No, but in order for the charges to stick, they have to be correctly aligned with the law.

Even though it would be nice if everyone appreciated and respected the police - do you think the government should have the right to legislate saying you hvae to be nice to police officers?

no, I don't think they should legislate. No one should be forced to show respect, people would earn this. But it's cultural factors and lack of police power than create the tension and lack of respect.

walrusbear

HSC
i didn't read any of this thread, just thought i'd say i have contempt for it

unless it's an ironic joke - in which case my face is red :p

tattoodguy

jonathan, there are factors that can increase crime - yes.

but its polices job and responsibility to eliminate crime and keep people safe.

every crime, and particuarly unsolved crimes represents police not doing their job.

So they are still responsible.

Dont you think its a bit rediculous that if someone wants to killl you - that you are defenselesss.

Sure the police can solve the case after your dead, but if someone broke into your house with a gun and an intention to killl you - you would be dead before the police arrived?

Does that concern you? its a little unfair isnt it?

As for hicks, he should have already recieved a trial.

They have been brainwashed for like 2 or 3 years in prison, and some detainees are pleading guilty because they have been brain washed and mentally tortured.

It tottally undermines there chance of having a fair trial.

They should all be freeed.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
david hicks didnt do anything. so what if he trained with terrorists in afganistan - unless he came here to blow something up i couldnt give 2 fucks.

Even if he blew something up here, i dont really care except for the fact our government would use it as an excuse to eliminate the few petty remaining freedoms we have left.

if he wants to go and blow up something in iraq good luck to him.

Maybe they should arrest you for supporting terrorism?

I think when getting on a plane etc they can search you for bombs and at some other places terrorism poses a imminent threat to alot of lives so yeah they can search for boms, but anything else they find they should leave alone.

What weapons did the 911 hijackers have? They were boxcutters, in other words stanley knives. Any weapon can fuck shit up

I never said it would reduce crime if we increased the amount of guns, i know it would probably increase crime.

Not necessarily cause the professional crims are still getting there guns now and banning guns wont chnage that as we only check like 5% of container ships entering Australia. Also hypothetically your a crim now are you more or less likely to rob someone or try to start shit when it is highly probable that your intended victim has a gun and is willing to use it

You couldnt complain you would be dead

Agree to a point, but as there are alot of stupid and irresponsible people out there the background checks and other requirements for owning a gun are a good measure to prevent these dipshits getting guns

Explain what are you talking about?

Give me back my shot gun and lets seee if i can do a bettter job than the pigs.

i dont think thats unreasonable.

From what we know about you I would say it is a good thing you dont have a gun

It's not our job to be vigilanties, the cops have a job to do thats why they are entitled to a different level of firearm licensing that gives them access to higher calibre firearms

It would make ppl more cocky and increase availibility and ease of criminals getting them, because unlike legalised guns bulletproof vests cant be traced.
Look at 4wheel drivers in the city they are less cautious and more dangerous because they feel safer. There is alot of researched evidence in support of this as far as I know

What are you basing this off?

tattoodguy

korn ur in favor of laxing our fire arm laws correct? im on ur side dude :) so stop giving me a hard time.

We should be aloud to have bullet proof vests though, i dont care if criminals will get there hands on them.

Under the universal declaration of human rights, we have a right to be protected.

Police cant really protect us, and thats all our governmetn offers to protect us.

Its fucking unacceptable.

We should be allowed to have bullet proof vests, the government should do all they can to allow decent law abiding citizens any means to protect themselves.

I told you before this dude carl williams - he got shot in the stomach, a few of his mates got killed and people put a contract out on his life who i think had mafia ties.

and now he is being charged with killing a couple of them?

The fact he was already shot and his freinds were murdered proved the police were incapable of providing adequade protection.

Dont you think thats unreasonable he is facing murder charges? Thats fucking self defence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)