• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby or "Bali Nine" (2 Viewers)

Who would you prefer to see executed?

• Schapelle Corby

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • "Bali Nine"

Votes: 56 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tattoodguy

As i todl u before, i was searched for pretty much no reason - shouldnt that officer be punished? Shouldnt there be laws in that case to fire police for this misconduct?

Pretty much no reason - this in my opinion does not justify the sacking of police officer. If you are so out there with anger toward police, why didn't you question the officer? There are laws, and as I said, contact the PIC and they will advise you, yet you wont because you know either you were in the wrong in the first place or the officer's actions were justified.

I did question the officer - i asked why

then they intimidated me and threatened me.

And i was innocent.

dont say they were justified, they victimised me for no reason, it was pretty much a random search, the reason i couldnt be bothered complaining is because.

that proved to me......police are corrupt law breaking pieces of shit.

I think if they would break the law like that and pick on innnocent civilians then they would lie etc etc... there just immoral.

and like u said nothing would happen to them. So why should i complain - i would probably have to have more of my time wasted and i would probably have to talk more to police.

i dont think police should be disciplined, there job is so important in the community serious breaches should be dealt with, with automatic firing.

there whole lives centre around enforcing laws and rules - to me that means theres no excuse for stuffing up and breaking any laws or rules.

If we allow absolutely random searches it undermines freedom in this country.

Is random searching a crime?

ur a law guy, the law says they cant do random searches correct?

if they do random search - does it mean they have commmited a crime or simply that the evidence they might obtain will be thrown out in court?

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
As i todl u before, i was searched for pretty much no reason - shouldnt that officer be punished? Shouldnt there be laws in that case to fire police for this misconduct?
There are laws allowing police to search you. Reforms happened a few years ago.

I did question the officer - i asked why

then they intimidated me and threatened me.

And i was innocent.

dont say they were justified, they victimised me for no reason, it was pretty much a random search, the reason i couldnt be bothered complaining is because.

that proved to me......police are corrupt law breaking pieces of shit.

Then complain.... Don't let those officer get away with it.

I think if they would break the law like that and pick on innnocent civilians then they would lie etc etc... there just immoral.

Find out...

and like u said nothing would happen to them. So why should i complain - i would probably have to have more of my time wasted and i would probably have to talk more to police.

No, I said people don't complain because they know they are usually in the wrong, unless you were in the wrong, then I would support you in a complaint. Most police officers would follow the requirements set in law, so its important you excercise your right.

i dont think police should be disciplined, there job is so important in the community serious breaches should be dealt with, with automatic firing.

Doesn't solve anything, take it from me. I look at your references to preventing crime, this argument you now raised doesn't fit too well.

there whole lives centre around enforcing laws and rules - to me that means theres no excuse for stuffing up and breaking any laws or rules. If we allow absolutely random searches it undermines freedom in this country.
random searching a crime?

True and to your second question, No. Random search is not a crime. You have to distinguish between crime and other laws, such area would fall under administrative law perhaps or into evidence law.

ur a law guy, the law says they cant do random searches correct?

Better off asking a policing student. TO the best of my knowledge they cant, usually on reasonable suspicion.

if they do random search - does it mean they have commmited a crime or simply that the evidence they might obtain will be thrown out in court?

The latter if it is a proven breach of the Evidence laws

tattoodguy

do you agree though that police shoudl be preventing crime?

So every unsolved crime represents police incompetency right?

atleast we agree on that.

They should be responsible for crimes, if there is alot of crime in an area, the police should be sent to prison what do you think of that?.

If ur crap at ur job anywhere else u get fired or whatever, why doesnt that happen with police. They just get moved etc, if your incompetent u shouldnt be a police officer period.

I dont think many police get fired simply because the crime rates rise.

if crime goes up - nothing really happens to teh police? true?

There is no accountability.

As for ur comment about the police protecting me, lol I dont want the police to protect me. i recon i would do fine if the police fucked off and let me take care of myself.

The police dont protect you and when u defend urself the police put u in jail - they have no morals. Police should hang their heads in shame.

The police disarmed me by doing that buy back thing, they took my gun and then i got stabbed.

lol good work police -

police get shot at and dont even get touched and then sue the government or whatever.

what a bunch of leaches.

i know ur dads a cop, maybe ur dads a good bloke but that doesnt mean all cops are good, and besides u dont know what ur dads like at work he could be a corrupt bastard.

Im just saying, you shouldnt be so biased.

i can say some police are good, once i bashed my parents and stuff and the cops came and they were pretty decent.

Not all cops are bad, i know that. I support decent police and i hate voilent moron criminals. I just think ur too biased.

tattoodguy

but if its outside the law. about the search thing. shouldnt that consitutute a crime.

if there is no punishment for random searches, then they may as well just do random searches.

Why doesnt our government enforce the law against the police by imposing a penalty for this.

thats pathetic.

If you objected though and they forcefully search you using physical force - could u then put them on assult charges?

If police commit a crime does that then ban them from being a police officer.

u were saying police are smart? remind me again - whats the uai cut offf to be a police officer?

tattoodguy

what laws???

show me them.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
do you agree though that police shoudl be preventing crime?

So every unsolved crime represents police incompetency right?

atleast we agree on that.
Actually only partly. Police should prevent crime yes and its up to Bob Carr to implement this.

I don't agree with you on unsolved crimes. You can't prevent crime by solving who did it. The crime has already occurred. What you are referring to is Crime Control and Prosecution.

They should be responsible for crimes, if there is alot of crime in an area, the police should be sent to prison what do you think of that?.

My lecturer, who has been teaching Crime Prevention for many years says its not the sole responsibility of police. In preventing crime we have 'patnerships' where police and groups work together.

If ur crap at ur job anywhere else u get fired or whatever, why doesnt that happen with police. They just get moved etc, if your incompetent u shouldnt be a police officer period.

You don't get fired, that's unfair dismissal. A lot more needs to occur before you get fired. And again you haven't addressed my question on whether you know the procedure of addressing corruption?

I dont think many police get fired simply because the crime rates rise.

if crime goes up - nothing really happens to teh police? true?

There is no accountability.

You can't blame it on police. Crime goes down because of droughts in the herroine market, crime goes up because of more oppurtunities. Accountability is on the individual, the law requires them to take responsibility.

As for ur comment about the police protecting me, lol I dont want the police to protect me. i recon i would do fine if the police fucked off and let me take care of myself.

Bull...

The police dont protect you and when u defend urself the police put u in jail - they have no morals. Police should hang their heads in shame.

My father is also a martial arts instructor, has been for over 20 years. Police encourage people to defend themselves as does my father. The law requires you to use necessary force.

The police disarmed me by doing that buy back thing, they took my gun and then i got stabbed.

I have to think you got stabbed for something else.

police get shot at and dont even get touched and then sue the government or whatever.

Why would the police get in trouble for getting shot, are you for real. Stop and think, do your sentences make sense. I think the police should also take away some of the wakky tabbakky let alone your gun. Every employee is entitled to sue their employer if something goes wrong, it's called Workers Compensation.

i know ur dads a cop, maybe ur dads a good bloke but that doesnt mean all cops are good, and besides u dont know what ur dads like at work he could be a corrupt bastard.

I know what my dad is like, I have seen him work and he is a fine officer.

Im just saying, you shouldnt be so biased.
It's an argument we are having, I am trying to be as fair as possible but remind me who started the innuendo here?

i can say some police are good, once i bashed my parents and stuff and the cops came and they were pretty decent.

Mate, somehow I don't really think what you say is all that flush. How could we take your word if you break the law at random?

Not all cops are bad, i know that. I support decent police and i hate voilent moron criminals. I just think ur too biased.
Isn't bashing your parants a violent offence, the Crimes Act says so.

I just think ur too lost.

tattoodguy

just out of curiosity?

you sort of dont care much about peoples freedom right to privacy correct?

you think the police should have the right to search people and houses whenever they feeel like it?

if it was up to you? what rules would u set out in this regard?

sorry, for not answering before........no i dont know the exact proceedure.. but in the news papers etc,,,,,,,,i have seeen case after case of police bungling, corruption and committing crimes.

even the recent drug bust, doesnt that have an ex police officer?

There was the maccas thing? what happend there? they said the police might have done something.

there is also the bull dogs thing -

there was the police putting pressure on the foootballers in WA to answer questions.

there just some recent things.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
tattoodguy said:
just out of curiosity?

you sort of dont care much about peoples freedom right to privacy correct?

you think the police should have the right to search people and houses whenever they feeel like it?

if it was up to you? what rules would u set out in this regard?
Houses, i think they should have reasonable suspicion (which i'm not going to determine), but of course it they constantly get it wrong, they should be investigated.

Cops should be allowed to search people - WHENEVER.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:

what laws???

show me them.
The following is in relation to Motor Vehicle Searches, the Act also places a burden of proof on the accussed or searched party to prove that the search did not have a reasonable excuse.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ppa1998240/

The following demonstrates how police can even internally search you, that is use the aid or X Rays on certain grounds supervised by court:

Police (Internally Concealed Drugs) Act

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ppcda2001402/

tattoodguy

how about just searcing you. like if you walking etc..patting u down, empty pockets, look in ur bag?

whats the rules for that?

tattoodguy

u say u can use neccasry force?

police - have weopons they use necceasry force, they blow some mentally handicapped dude away for producing a nife.

but the police stop us having weopons there by depriving us of our right to use self defence.

when i said about being shot..at not being touched --- i meant not being hit by bullets..and then suing the government....

They get themselves in those situations..they shouldnt blame anyone but themselves..if you dont want to be shot at..dont be a cop.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
how about just searcing you. like if you walking etc..patting u down, empty pockets, look in ur bag?

whats the rules for that?

I will have to make further enquiries about it.

Jonathan A

HSC
tattoodguy said:
u say u can use neccasry force?

police - have weopons they use necceasry force, they blow some mentally handicapped dude away for producing a nife.
When the hell did this happen?

but the police stop us having weopons there by depriving us of our right to use self defence.

You fool, the reason weapons are legislated against is they stop the spread of black markets and stop the use of weapons altogether.

when i said about being shot..at not being touched --- i meant not being hit by bullets..and then suing the government....They get themselves in those situations..they shouldnt blame anyone but themselves..if you dont want to be shot at..dont be a cop

It's very complicated to explain, but in short whilst you seem right, the law says you are wrong. The fact is the government is the employer and owes a duty of care to the police, the police can sue if they are are harmed where the government have put them in a position the police have to respond to.

tattoodguy

i jsut meant a bit of a push and shove, threw a few chairs around, within a family etc, that sort of thing happens from time to time.

it wasnt that serious.

I dont really care about about laws, i mean, the laws arnt always right.

You should just do the right thing, not what the law says.

sometimes its ok to bash people who cares what the crimes act says.

Why should u follow immoral laws?

tattoodguy

but if part of ur job is to be shot at etc? if you get shot too bad, thats ur job.

if we are just going to fork out mega bucks everytime a wimpy police officer gets scared, they get a good salary for the work they do, part of that high salary takes into account the risks involved.

When u get shot, u should just take it on the chin, because over the years your high slarary compensated you already.

Being shot is maybe a bit extreme, but when they are just shot at etc? and not hurt, they need to tuffen up a little and stop being such pansies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's not a cop's job to "get shot at",
their job is to enforce the law... and sure, sometimes they will get shot at, but it's the people shooting at them that are breaking the law.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Wasnt there a law passed after 911 that allowed cops to do random searchs

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Jonathan A said:
When the hell did this happen?

You fool, the reason weapons are legislated against is they stop the spread of black markets and stop the use of weapons altogether.

Is there any proof that taking away gun ownership rights has actually decreased gun crime???
Any smart crim knows not to shoot someone with a registred gun (all gun owners must register any gun they own) this is because registered guns are easy to trace.

Most illegal weapons that crims use come from the black market imports from Asia and creating gun laws to take firearms off legitamate owners has little to no impact on the criminals and only infringes on peoples freedom to participate in a sport of their own choosing (target shooting: pistol, shotgun, etc) and this will reduce the pool of talented shooters that we can send to the Olympics.
Also what about farmers and those that live on property who need a gun to kill snakes when they become a danger to peoples safety? If you wait for someone else to come it will be too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)