• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby or "Bali Nine" (1 Viewer)

Who would you prefer to see executed?

• Schapelle Corby

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • "Bali Nine"

Votes: 56 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
y isnt there a neither option, or r u forcing us 2 choose, if i HAD to choos between the two, i'd choose the Bali 9

P.S. why such a funny closing date for the poll?

firehose

HSC
The Bali Nine coz well most likely they're guilty while Schapelle is probably juz been made a scapegoat (although we don't know the real truth and the judges decision is still pending :)) But unless u enjoy torture we don't want either to be executed ;)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if absolution* voted, then it was him, assuming that firehose voted as well

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Its all just shit. You smuggle drugs in you get busted. You smuggle them out you get busted. Either way you're fucked.

Shappelle Corby's case is a joke. The fucking government should get off its fucking arse and do something. I'm sorry about the swearing but the more time that passes the more I'm convinced that we might as well all lie down and let John Howard arse fuck us for all he cares.

/rant.

It just doesn't make sense. Why on earth would you smuggle drugs from a country where its worth a couple of million on the street to a country where you can buy it for the price of a cup of coffee?

I also don't understand why, if the Feds were helping the Indonesians in the case of the Bali Nine why they let them get caught in Indonesia where they face death by firing squad when they could have just struck a deal that they will get life imprisonment, no parole, let them get on the plane to Sydney, arrest them here and at least let them live. I think they are guilty as hell, but I still don't think that Australian citizens should be thrust into the hands of the authorities in other countries when it can be avoided.

In the case of Shappelle Corby she is clearly innocent and the "consular assistance" that they're providing her clearly isn't adequate enough. She's shitting and pissing in a hole there getting treated like crap and all the Australian government can do is just watch on because they don't want to "offend" the Indonesians. As far as I'm concerned, they have to take the poles out of their arses and start to give a damn about the citizens of this country here or overseas.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Schapelle's hot, so she should live.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
did anyone see that media report that showed the bali nine and their families had all taken money from different newspaper/magazines and obviously ACA programs

after that i dont care for them, they say all this stuff on camera because they are being payed without any advise from a lawyer on how it could affect them

i mean you are about to be executed and you are keeping your mouth shut to everyone except the producer of today tonight- morons

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
the chic from newy had heroin strapped to her body. i think that equals guilty.

shappelles so not guilty. if she gets shot ill cry. it makes ME scared to travel overseas. and i am travel bug hear me ... make a bug noise.

seriously.... i dont wana see ne1 killed. but this shappelle thing is rediculous. she is NOT guilty.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i think schappelle is innocent where as the bali 9
how innoent can you be when you strap the drugs to your body?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
waddle_828 said:
i think schappelle is innocent where as the bali 9
how innoent can you be when you strap the drugs to your body?

i think this quote is right from one of the bali 9

"i knew i had chemicals strapped to my body, but not herion""

mmmmmmmm moron

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i think this quote is right from one of the bali 9

"i knew i had chemicals strapped to my body, but not herion""

mmmmmmmm moron
lol what losers
as if they would need to smuggle "normal chemicals"
so stupid

Jonathan A

HSC
absolution* said:
Discuss. ..........

When applying the law on someone's life or situation, it's not wise to choose, especially of they are both innocent, or both guilty.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
By "discuss" in the original post i meant, "why would you execute the bali nine over corby" or vice versa.

Jonathan A

HSC
ujuphleg said:
Its all just shit. You smuggle drugs in you get busted. You smuggle them out you get busted. Either way you're fucked.

Shappelle Corby's case is a joke. The fucking government should get off its fucking arse and do something. I'm sorry about the swearing but the more time that passes the more I'm convinced that we might as well all lie down and let John Howard arse fuck us for all he cares.
So you want the Australian Government to declare that Indonesian law is wrong? That's really going to make the relations between our countries stronger. Like if an Indonesian national commits a crime here, we woulde expect the Indonesian government to stay away from our court processes, a person who enters another country accepts they are bound by those laws.

It just doesn't make sense. Why on earth would you smuggle drugs from a country where its worth a couple of million on the street to a country where you can buy it for the price of a cup of coffee?

That's something they are going to consider i suppose.

I also don't understand why, if the Feds were helping the Indonesians in the case of the Bali Nine why they let them get caught in Indonesia where they face death by firing squad when they could have just struck a deal that they will get life imprisonment, no parole, let them get on the plane to Sydney, arrest them here and at least let them live. I think they are guilty as hell, but I still don't think that Australian citizens should be thrust into the hands of the authorities in other countries when it can be avoided.

If they were allowed to board the plane, then they may have escaped. Do you think that these Bali 9 would have not thought about the tougher security at our airport? Chances are something was planned on this side, so it is justified to have the Indonesian police contacted over this. The fact is, they went to Bali, they accepted that they are in the jurisdiction of another country with tougher laws. NO EXCUSE, can't blame the government.

In the case of Shappelle Corby she is clearly innocent and the "consular assistance" that they're providing her clearly isn't adequate enough. She's shitting and pissing in a hole there getting treated like crap and all the Australian government can do is just watch on because they don't want to "offend" the Indonesians. As far as I'm concerned, they have to take the poles out of their arses and start to give a damn about the citizens of this country here or overseas.

How do you know she didn't do it? Are you in court where evidence is being adduced? I am not denying her innocence, I am swayed to believe she is, but you can't go making statements like that just by looking at what the media say. It's why the courts tell juries not to listen to the media in the period they are sitting in on a case.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Jonathan A said:
So you want the Australian Government to declare that Indonesian law is wrong? That's really going to make the relations between our countries stronger. Like if an Indonesian national commits a crime here, we woulde expect the Indonesian government to stay away from our court processes, a person who enters another country accepts they are bound by those laws.

That's something they are going to consider i suppose.

If they were allowed to board the plane, then they may have escaped. Do you think that these Bali 9 would have not thought about the tougher security at our airport? Chances are something was planned on this side, so it is justified to have the Indonesian police contacted over this. The fact is, they went to Bali, they accepted that they are in the jurisdiction of another country with tougher laws. NO EXCUSE, can't blame the government.

How do you know she didn't do it? Are you in court where evidence is being adduced? I am not denying her innocence, I am swayed to believe she is, but you can't go making statements like that just by looking at what the media say. It's why the courts tell juries not to listen to the media in the period they are sitting in on a case.

I completely agree with Jonathan A.

This was the point of the thread.

I find it quite funny that the tally is 18-2 currently considering the fact that:

- There are unsubstantiated claims that the Bali 9 were actually forced into trafficking drugs, yet, you would kill them over Corby
- There has been extremely little, reliable evidence put forward by defence to show that Corby was not aware that the drugs were in her bag

I guess my main gripe is that the Australian people think that they are in a better position to judge the guilt or innocence of Corby, than an Indonesian judge who has heard all of the evidence and is all too aware of prior drug trafficking activities in the region.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
absolution* said:
I guess my main gripe is that the Australian people think that they are in a better position to judge the guilt or innocence of Corby, than an Indonesian judge who has heard all of the evidence and is all too aware of prior drug trafficking activities in the region.
i read something about the judge in corby's case having presided over something like 500 drug-related trials, and there being zero acquittals.....
hmmmm... funny, in this case i feel like i AM in a better position to judge corby's guilt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)