schapelle corby's friend (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Man, watching Tracy Grimshaw and Mercedes Corby go at it on A Current Affair had all the wit and charm of two bricks talking to one another.

Grimshaw: So you think that she's a liar?

Corby: She's a liar! A liar! Nothing more than a liar...A liar!

Grimshaw: The lie detector test said that she did lie...once...second time she said she was telling the truth...she's telling the truth, no?

Corby: Liar, liar pants on fire!

Grimshaw: Will you be willing to take a lie detector test?

Corby: Yes, because I'm not a liar.

And on it went. Oh how I wish we had a cartoon such as The Simpsons or South Park which could poke fun at this situation with skill. Pity me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lie detector tests aren't usually administered anymore as they're easy to manipulate, as many psychological tests have shown. They can show false positives really easily, and people can artificially create fale negatives.

hello2004

I believe Corby was guilty, but her sentence was bullshit. This is the same country that lets Abu Bakir Bashir walk the streets spewing hate and encouraging terrorism.

What kind of backwards country imposes a dramatically harsher sentence on someone smuggling a natural plant?

Answer: the same country which has chosen to piss all over the Australian flag. The fact that we sit here and take it is laughable.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
And you're freely discussing your habit of using this drug?
Meh, I haven't a thing against the usage, or lack thereof, of it.:p
As I said, the poison is in the dosage; for cannabis, that dosage is huge. (If it's pure cannabis.)
No, it has been proven that it is impossible to die from an overdose of marijuana. The lethal amount that has to be in your system is far greater than the threshold that people pass out at.
What do you mean by 'pure' cannabis? This isn't cocaine we're talking about. All cannabis is pure. If it's unpure (i.e. sprayed by a dodgy dealer), it would be more dangerous than pure cannabis.

Optophobia

HSC
That's one question which no one has really answered. Why was she smuggling the pot into Indonesia?

Optophobia

HSC
But it's supposedly cheap in Indonesia? She could get more selling it in Australia.

han-

HSC
Haha, i found it quite funny to see ACA and TT battle it out.

I found ACA terribly unconvincing anyway. Their "experts" were dodgy.
Also, Wikipedia reveals: Multiple studies have concluded that VSA's (voice stress analysis) accuracy at determining a subject's truthfulness is not significantly better than chance. However, many police and intelligence agencies have alleged that VSA is indeed useful in determining a person's truthfulness.

Some reading for hello2005:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chika_Honda

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But it's supposedly cheap in Indonesia? She could get more selling it in Australia.
When you're in a dodgy country, who do you want to buy your stuff off? The aussie who owns a shop over in bali or some balinese drug dealer? I know who i'd pick.

However, many police and intelligence agencies have alleged that VSA is indeed useful in determining a person's truthfulness.
In most cases (except for some retards) you'd find that they're using the 'vsa' or a lie detector in another way than to simply immediately determine truth based on the test its self.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
han- said:
Haha, i found it quite funny to see ACA and TT battle it out.

I found ACA terribly unconvincing anyway. Their "experts" were dodgy.
These shows disturb me to no end. I certainly hope that they didn't surprise you, with their bottom of the barrel "journalism" style.

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Cannabis, like any other drug, in large dosages, can kill.
i know stas already pointed this out, but uhhhh no it can't.

the 'friend' looks like the most massive bogan ever. whether what she says is true or not, it's a pretty fucked up thing to do for a bit of cash. what a loser.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
it's a pretty fucked up thing to do for a bit of cash. what a loser.
I don't think she's just doing it for the cash. I really do believe all the lies being told to kindhearted people (esp in her book) probably pushed her over the edge. Not to make her out to be a saint, far from it, I'd just say human.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think she's just doing it for the cash. I really do believe all the lies being told to kindhearted people (esp in her book) probably pushed her over the edge. Not to make her out to be a saint, far from it, I'd just say human.
like what? sorry, i don't generally keep up with the whole schapelle corby thing.

either way the massive bogan comment stands.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
like what? sorry, i don't generally keep up with the whole schapelle corby thing.
- That they're clean people.
- That corby is innocent.
- The attacks on the Australian Government.
- The attacks on the Indonesian Justice System.
- etc

*hopeful*

HSC
mercedes has always claimed she never owned a surf shop ? i think thats what it says in the book as well

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
MICHAEL CORBY: Well, she's pregnant! Stuff like that. Why write it until it is checked out. There's all sorts of weird stuff. There's a story on one of the radio programs and a bloke rings up saying, "How can she afford the go back and forward the Bali all the time on a student's wage?" She hadn't been there for at least five years. Oh, "And why did she take a boogie board bag, a boogie board? Her brother-in-law and sister own a big surf shop in Bali. She could borrow one off them." Oh. They don't own a surf shop. They're just over there for that period of time. Mercedes works - assists at the shop sometimes, just helpin' out her mum, and she packs shelves at Coles. And Warren works some factory makin' screen doors. That's what they do.
Sorry I got that wrong, but at the very least she has worked in a surf shop (sounds like her mum either works their constantly or owns the place?) and would have contact with expats reguardless.

- There is no evidence of a drug smuggling ring in Australian airports using unwitting stooges, furthermore no evidence of one in relation to bali.
- The bag seems a great fit for the boogey board bag.
- Testimony of Airport officials that claim she tried to prevent them opening the bag.
- The fact that Indonesian officials did agree to allowing fingerprinting to be done by the AFP, however corby's legal team disallowed it.
- The fact that we do know expats/other foreigners are willing to pay extra for pot from australians, by australians.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i was just watching TT before, for kicks. and LOL at anna coren or whatever her name is being all in your face and bitchy about the people who were/are supporting the corbys.
*bitchy voice*
"Well, MERCEDES, we're still waiting"
*bitchy face pull*

hahaha...then of course they had to make themselves even more hard-hitting and credible with the story about the 'deadbeat dad', rofl.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i like today tonight ironically

han-

HSC
Haha TT is good for a laugh. After Jody yesterday was a story telling us how we can save money on our home loans by paying them off faster. Then today we get an expert telling us that the best way to avoid traffic congestion in not to drive during peak hours. Genius!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)