schapelle corby's friend (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I just caught the tail end of the today tonight interview with schapelle corby's friend, i was totally disgusted. I personally do think corby may have been guilty of drug smuggling, however, to have a close friend sell out the 'real story' like that is total fucking betrayal. I don't know how that woman sleeps with herself at night..
anyone else see the interview?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
It's bloody Today Tonight. Who cares. It's more likely she was Schapelle's local checkout chick than her friend. Yeah, if she really is Schapelle's friend, it's horrible to make public comments. But people watch it, she makes a bid of money, and Today Tonight get ratings. Maybe you should be hating the fact that Today Tonight did the story, rather than the selfish friend. Meh.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone should be put in jail for 20 years for smuggling pot, but she's totally manipulating the situation, which has made me lose all sympathy for her.

Lucid, what did you mean by "We don't need to elaborate on the effects of Corby's smuggling."?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I believe her, but don't think she's exactly the cleanest person alive herself. Something that made me smile was, when debating this with others in the past I was told "but pot's so much cheaper in bali", to which I replied "yeah but she has connections with alot of aussie backpackers through her sisters surf shop". This girl said basically the same thing, not sure if it's honest or not but it obviously made sense to me :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Huh? Yeh, apparently pot costs jack in Bali, much less in Indonesia, which befuddled the lawyers as to why she decided to smuggle it into Indonesia.
Actually the question was of no importance to the case from what I understand. The only way it could have affected the case is perhaps if corby explained why she did it and there was some sort of mitigating factor such as being forced/pressured to do it.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Beh...I sort of meant the adverse affects that will plague people, caused by Corby's drugs, which she smuggled.
Dude... It's pot, not heroin.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea alot of people i've talked to this about say she didn't do it, but if she did she deserves it. I actually think that's a far more 'harsh' view than my own that she did do it but doesn't deserve her punishment.

--------------

In recent news the family has now apparently threatened legal action because of her comments...

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

Lucid Scintilla said:
Wait, didn't Corby write a book or something, which will earn her quite a load of cash? Or at least her family, or whomever the copyright is signed to - possibly that equally disgraceful sister of hers.
I didn't think you were allowed to profit from crime. I know in America that OJ Simpson's book (the 'I'm innocent, but IF i did kill my wife, here is how it would have happened') was withdraw because it was tasteless and profiting from a crime. I'm assuming that the situation in Australia would be similar.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Testpilot said:
I didn't think you were allowed to profit from crime. I know in America that OJ Simpson's book (the 'I'm innocent, but IF i did kill my wife, here is how it would have happened') was withdraw because it was tasteless and profiting from a crime. I'm assuming that the situation in Australia would be similar.
A convicted criminal cannot profit from a crime. So, she tells her story to her family, her family writes a book, they make money.

Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think she's lying.
If Schapelle's family follows through with legal action against her, then perhaps she is lying. They'd know more than anybody else, I'd suspect.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
they apparently did some 'more accurate' lie test thingo on both mercedes corby and the woman from the interview on 2day fm this morning and showed pretty much everything she said on TT to be bullshit... but they could've made that up too. i dunno how accurate a voice-stress doodad is meant to be. plus i was half asleep when i was listening to it but yeah.

cowface

HSC
Schapelle's innocent! She's white, not Asian, for god shakes!

Young white attractive women are always innocent.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't quite understand Corby's ex-friend's motives. Money? Heh, ... the interviews and all, but now she may face litigation from the Corby family, esp. Mercedes Corby.
Money and also... as much as I know her friend is probably not the nicest person (She was an associate of this bunch lol) I don't know if I could handle recieving money from young kids that think corby's innocent when it's all just lies upon lies.

L

littlewing69

Lucid Scintilla said:
We don't need to elaborate on the effects of Corby's smuggling.
Some people would have got high. Unless you believe that Doritos are to be protected at all costs, this isn't really a big deal.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Some people would have got high. Unless you believe that Doritos are to be protected at all costs, this isn't really a big deal.
I agree. I really think people should quit focusing on her guilt/innocent and instead move to the real debate of whether her punishment was acceptable? But I don't think that'll ever become a major focus because it comes to home way too much.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah back when this was a big issue i was asking my friends if it really mattered. Oh noes she smuggled 4kg of what is essentially a weed, a weed that grows everywhere in the world mind you. Its not like weed wrecks peoples lives like heroin, even our police force is heavier on it than they should be [and really you only get a slap on the wrist and a fine, should be decriminalsed imo] the fact that she got 20years is a joke.

She probably did do it, but i dont care 20years is as good as a death sentence in those prisons.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
her sister's interview on 2dayfm did absolutely nothing to convince me that the friend was lying. she didn't sound truthful. of course she was probably nervous though.

edit: using the voice lie detector thing really really pisses me off. it's suck a gimmick. i don't understand why they tell us results of these detectors (well i do, ratings, controversy, the same reason why they make up stories and report them as true) when the meaning of what was said will be EXACTLY the same with or without the detector as the detector and has NO meaning. this really pissed me off during big brother but at least that was a crap show anyway. to use it in this type of situation when they are playing with someone's life and reputation is just wrong, they should leave her alone, not try and get more ratings at her expense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)