Scholarship Offers (1 Viewer)

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
I just was offered a $3000 scholarship from the Engineering Faculty (only wanted the $1000 one so hit the jackpot for me).

Post your offers when you get one.

Lachycharts

HSC
Well...sorry to burst your interest bubble but I am actually doing a BSc (Nuclear Science and Technology) which is part of the Engineering faculty. By the way, I sent you a pm ageeess ago about early entry and you didn't reply (it's okay I got in anyway :p)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Well...sorry to burst your interest bubble but I am actually doing a BSc (Nuclear Science and Technology) which is part of the Engineering faculty. By the way, I sent you a pm ageeess ago about early entry and you didn't reply (it's okay I got in anyway :p)
oh sorry about that... I must have been quite busy then...

mat-thew

HSC
Sweet, just got the same scholarship as Lachycharts. I am stoked.

Scottymacc

HSC
I also got the $3,000 one for engineering :). Think i will be doing advanced science Physics

Lachycharts

HSC
Congrats, Scotty. So far 10% of the people that got this scholarship are on BOS.org.

Mitchbay

HSC
Congrats dude!
What are you doing next year and where are you staying, etc?
Thanks.

I'm doing a B Engineering, probably Mining and then combining with Civil after 2nd year.

I'm commuting. I like like 40mins away.

spazamataz

HSC
I just got an email about the general residential scholarship asking for tax assessments. Did anyone else get this? I got my hopes up lol, $8000 would come in handy!

spazamataz

HSC
I had a phone call yesterday informing me I'd been given a General Residential Scholarship, and that I'd get the formal notification in the mail. I had already arranged accommodation elsewhere and paid a deposit :( I think all offers will be out by Monday afternoon, because I was told I had to accept by Monday morning.
Oh boo.
I got an email on friday asking for me to post down family tax assessments to see if I was eligible? Was I supposed to send them with the equity questionaire thing?

spazamataz

HSC
Hmmm, I'm sure I didn't. I just filled out the questionnaire and sent it back. But then I didn't work during the HSC year, have you declared income?
Hmm.. I only started work in December, but I have sent them my year to date payslips.
I think they think I'm lying about my parents income, but yeah, our accountants do it all so I have no idea about any of that stuff.

Edit: Got one today :)

Last edited:

spazamataz

HSC
Did anyone else get rejected for EdStart?
I was assured by so many people that I would get it, but maybe the other scholarship cancelled it out, oh wells.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
If you have another scholarship over about 2k or so, you're down the bottom of the list for EdStart.
They also had shit-loads of applicants this year, so I couldn't get it for Honours. Bastards.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I got it last year, was hoping for it again this year. I just recieved in the email this:

I am writing to advise you that your application for a University of
Wollongong EdStart2010 Grant-in-Aid has been assessed. You have not been
offered a grant at this time, however we would like to keep your application
and reconsider it after Round 2 applications have been assessed on the 27th
of February. At this time we will reassess applications on the pending list
and allocate any remaining grants. You may be offered an EdStart grant at
that time. If you were to be offered a grant at that time we would endeavour
to have your EdStart accounts operational by the 6th of March.

So there's hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)