• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scholarships for Uni (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I was wondering here who got a schlorship for uni or at least an offer of a scholarship and if it has made a difference. I received a Smartstart $2000 one from UWS

elisabeth

HSC
A girl at my school got a $100,000 scholarship for Bond Uni up in QLD. I don't know if she accepted it...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Korn said:
I was wondering here who got a schlorship for uni or at least an offer of a scholarship and if it has made a difference. I received a Smartstart $2000 one from UWS
hey korn howd u get the scholorship?what was involved?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im hoping for one of those usyd ones for proficiency in mathematics. They are only about $600 but atleast it pays my enrolment fees. I just have to hope the two people that finished above me in maths both didnt apply for usyd.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
acmilan said:
Im hoping for one of those usyd ones for proficiency in mathematics. They are only about $600 but atleast it pays my enrolment fees. I just have to hope the two people that finished above me in maths both didnt apply for usyd.
c'mon! with a UAI of 99.4 u should get a scholarship worth at least $1000

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
People who get smart start are those who apply and enroll in particular courses at UWS and have at least one of the courses listed in their first two preferences. They sent me a letter in the mail (because I have had previous contact with UWS) along with the list of courses that get smartstart. One of them is nursing so I get $2000. It certainly pays to send those free information request forms from inside the booklet! Without that, I probably wouldn't be able to afford ongoing uni costs. (books etc.) So thankyou UWS! :d

= Jennifer =

HSC
Korn said:
did you already receive your UWS scholarship or you got an offer

boyleluc

I got two - one for 10,000 for 5 years + honours from ANU and one for 5 grand for five years from Sydney. i've accepted the Sydney one coz i don't want to live in Canberra. ;)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i got the 5k one at syd too
i think it was just based on academic merit...although we had to send in refferences and school reports with the forms.

CrashOveride

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
$100000!!! SHIT!
If you read the manly daily today, dux of Manly got $120K scholarship from Bonds univeristy - Law scholarship.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I wouldn't accept a scholarship from Bond. I just don't wanna go there.

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
yeh .... I know .....I think it's my fault because they have to ring up all the duxes to ask them stuff for the paper, then they'll advertise at the same time and my friend said that the principal has been trying to call me for a week and I've been on the internet......oooppppsss

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
did you already receive your UWS scholarship or you got an offer
i only got an offer so far, but got in to my second preferance which was an applicable course so i assume i will get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)