scholarships . (1 Viewer)

sreebee

HSC
I've been browsing through different uni websites for scholarships .. and it seems that most of the applications are closed and that there are only a limited number . Will anything else come up?

chrisnumber1

HSC
what uni's. from my experience and what friends got alot was post hsc unless it was for cadetships or co op's. just ring the uni's or ask your careers advisor and they should give you a book with everything. in some instances the uni contacted them so you never know

brendroid

HSC
I think more would show up... I'm not too sure, but I think there are scholarahips for people who get incredibly good ATARs, and the Uni's can't offer scholarships for those until the results are out. Can someone clarify that for me?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
A lot of scholarships you have to apply for later this year if you are doing the HSC in 2010 and want one straight out of high school.

Most of the closed ones are for HSC 2009 students. Don't worry :)

sreebee

HSC
I think more would show up... I'm not too sure, but I think there are scholarahips for people who get incredibly good ATARs, and the Uni's can't offer scholarships for those until the results are out. Can someone clarify that for me?
i was talking about applications for scholarships. You apply earlier in the year and when your ATAR comes out, thats what determines if you get it or not. Isnt that what happens ? .. :confused:

sreebee

HSC
A lot of scholarships you have to apply for later this year if you are doing the HSC in 2010 and want one straight out of high school.

Most of the closed ones are for HSC 2009 students. Don't worry :)
ah i see . thank you :)

blackforest

HSC
i thought u apply for scholarships around the time you apply for uni? and im pretty sure that most havent opened for registration yet for 2010 hsc students.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
A lot of them won't even be open yet. EG the USYD merit/entry scholarship apps don't open until August and they shut in September. Keep checking the sites - when they say they're closed they often mean closed for 2010, not for 2011.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)