Pew Pew
HSC
Comment on what scholarships you're planning on applying for :D

Last edited:

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Wow you're so smart.... TT____TT

I think Merit Scholarships (USYD) would be good for you since your expecting an ATAR above 95!

Is it bad to not know what ATAR to expect? :( Like I have literally have no idea- I'm ranking pretty well for my subjects as well but I'm unconfident of the quality of marks I'm receiving. :L

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

I think Merit Scholarships (USYD) would be good for you since your expecting an ATAR above 95!

Is it bad to not know what ATAR to expect? :( Like I have literally have no idea- I'm ranking pretty well for my subjects as well but I'm unconfident of the quality of marks I'm receiving. :L
Haha Thanks :D

I'm sure that you're smart yourself (You have some serious guts to be doing English Extension 2 <-- So much respect!)

Marks don't really matter its just how well you perform comparatively (Your rank should be a good indicator of this)

I guess its not such a bad thing, just keep working hard and you should be able to reach your goal :D

If you do want to get an idea of where you're heading try using statistics from your school for previous years and getting in contact or perhaps asking your teachers what ranks other students were getting and how they ended up going in the HSC.

Good Luck, I'm sure that you'll do fine :D

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

Crap...

It seems like I'm too late to apply for that scholarship at USYD

PLEASE REPLY EVERYONE

I really don't want to miss out on such a great opportunity

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Search up the uni you want to go to and look at the scholarships they offer.
From the top of my head, you could apply for UNSW Co-op, UTS Co-op, Malcolm Chaikin Scholarship. Also theres a scholarship if u get above 99 atar. Oh also if you make DUX, there is also scholarships for that, at least in UNSW ASB, not sure about other faculties. Good luck!

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
crap...

It seems like i'm too late to apply for that scholarship at usyd

please reply everyone

i really don't want to miss out on such a great opportunity
noo applications start in august!! Haha :) I think that was for 2014 applications ><

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Haha Thanks :D

I'm sure that you're smart yourself (You have some serious guts to be doing English Extension 2 <-- So much respect!)

Marks don't really matter its just how well you perform comparatively (Your rank should be a good indicator of this)

I guess its not such a bad thing, just keep working hard and you should be able to reach your goal :D

If you do want to get an idea of where you're heading try using statistics from your school for previous years and getting in contact or perhaps asking your teachers what ranks other students were getting and how they ended up going in the HSC.

Good Luck, I'm sure that you'll do fine :D
You're welcome Crisium :) Sorry I'm not familiar with scholarships (yet, will have a chat with the careers adviser) but I'm sure UNSW has a LOT. They offer like Co-Op which is pretty cool as well. You could also try for USYD's E12, which is an equity scholarship if your financially disadvantaged or go to a school identified to be of low socio-economic standing (EAS).

And thank you for the kind words :) I try not to think about marks and ranks, just doing my best to reach my dream course and learn as much as I can during my HSC journey!

Best of luck with your scholarship hunting/ applications

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
noo applications start in august!! Haha :) I think that was for 2014 applications ><
Gave me a heart-attack there haha

You're welcome Crisium :) Sorry I'm not familiar with scholarships (yet, will have a chat with the careers adviser) but I'm sure UNSW has a LOT. They offer like Co-Op which is pretty cool as well. You could also try for USYD's E12, which is an equity scholarship if your financially disadvantaged or go to a school identified to be of low socio-economic standing (EAS).

And thank you for the kind words :) I try not to think about marks and ranks, just doing my best to reach my dream course and learn as much as I can during my HSC journey!

Best of luck with your scholarship hunting/ applications
Thank you for the help!

Keep up the good work and best of luck with your HSC studies :D

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I would apply for Co-op but I've got little to no EC's, so I have no chance against other applicants :/

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
do u know what field..

Business,Science,Engineering ?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I would apply for Co-op but I've got little to no EC's, so I have no chance against other applicants :/
If you have the time, give the application a go any way. You might be able to get something out of it (whether it be some sort of feedback or possibly a scholarship).

esaitchkay

HSC
If you have the time, give the application a go any way. You might be able to get something out of it (whether it be some sort of feedback or possibly a scholarship).
+1. The worst case scenario is that you get rejected and gain experience; the best case is that you have a scholarship!

Re. UTS' Co-op Program, Round 1 entries have closed, but there's still an opportunity with Round 2.
Check my signature for more details :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
+1. The worst case scenario is that you get rejected and gain experience; the best case is that you have a scholarship!

Re. UTS' Co-op Program, Round 1 entries have closed, but there's still an opportunity with Round 2.
Check my signature for more details :)
Mhmm

Based on your experience and what you've heard, how heavily do they base their decision on your ECs?

I have very little and they stretch back to Year 7 :/

I might give it a shot though :)

esaitchkay

HSC
Mhmm

Based on your experience and what you've heard, how heavily do they base their decision on your ECs?

I have very little and they stretch back to Year 7 :/

I might give it a shot though :)
I can't comment on the decision choice, since I'm not 100% sure myself, but what we're told is that it's based on lots of factors.

My opinion is, if you're weak in one area, you can compensate with something else, e.g., academics.
In addition, it's not about quantity, but quality - no point having 1000 ECs if you didn't contribute or learn anything from it, which improved your skillset and experience.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
tbh I have no idea :/

That's why I'm willing to apply for any scholarship and at any uni :D
In all honesty a scholarship shouldn't be what steers you down a particular path - it should really just supplement you and make life a bit easier for something you already want to pursue. You may also run into questions if you try the scattergun approach especially if you end up applying for multiple things in different or similar industries. In some cases you will also be forced to choose at application stage which discipline/area you want to focus on. Then there's also the whole issue of if you give a different answer to each application when they ask you which one you want most or would drop everything else for- you run the risk of being interviewed by the same person across different programs.

pomsky

HSC
Yo guys, sorry for being a noobie.
When I was checking out the UNSW scholarships, I noticed that they all needed you to register to be able to apply. Which is fine, except that registration requires a UAC application number.

What is a UAC application number and when do we get them? According to older students, we generally choose our uni/degree choices around September. So I would assume you get it around that time. If so, how do you apply for scholarships that close earlier?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yo guys, sorry for being a noobie.
When I was checking out the UNSW scholarships, I noticed that they all needed you to register to be able to apply. Which is fine, except that registration requires a UAC application number.

What is a UAC application number and when do we get them? According to older students, we generally choose our uni/degree choices around September. So I would assume you get it around that time. If so, how do you apply for scholarships that close earlier?
Iirc it's your HSC student number with a 1 at the front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)