Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
For anyone that doesn't think applying for co-op's are worth it due to not having enough EC's, i suggest that apply anyway and see how far you can get. You all have nothing to lose and if nothing else you gain experience in the application process which definitely isn't a bad thing.

Better to apply and get shot down than to not apply and regret it for the next few years. This is coming from someone who didn't think they'd be competitive yet secured a place in co-op.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
For anyone that doesn't think applying for co-op's are worth it due to not having enough EC's, i suggest that apply anyway and see how far you can get. You all have nothing to lose and if nothing else you gain experience in the application process which definitely isn't a bad thing.

Better to apply and get shot down than to not apply and regret it for the next few years. This is coming from someone who didn't think they'd be competitive yet secured a place in co-op.
What firm was it with if you don't mind me asking?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
All comes down to how well you sell it anyway.

Besides, once you get to interview stage, everyone is on an even footing. It's not a competition to see who can have more titles stitched into a jacket.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
All comes down to how well you sell it anyway.

Besides, once you get to interview stage, everyone is on an even footing. It's not a competition to see who can have more titles stitched into a jacket.
This is more or less how I see it. The interviewers know that you are a highschool student and evaluate you as such, they're not specifically looking for someone with an extensive list of accolades and versed IT experience, yet someone that they can make an investment in. With this in mind, showing initiative, drive, passion and that sort of stuff is infinitely more important than how many consecutive years you have held school captain for.

I've run into at least ~5-10 people this semester who've told me that they regret not applying for a co-op of some sort due to not thinking that they would be competitive. Yet even if you haven't done any EC's there's no harm in applying really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)