• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School and subject problems (1 Viewer)

JamesAdams

HSC
I'm thinking of changing schools now. Reasons for this are I didn't get a couple of subjects I wanted, and my school only facilitates for one class of one of the subjects, and you have to get chosen for the other.

My current subjects are:
- Economics
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Studies of Religion
- Prelim math (2 unit mathematics)
- English Standard

I wanted to do chemistry and english advanced. Chemistry runs on the same line as legal studies which I didn't want to do anyway, however our school, an all boys school, only has ONE single class of chemistry.. And for english advanced you have to be specifically chosen for it.

Thoughts? Should I move schools now? I don't know what to do ?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you really want to do Chemistry and English Advanced it would be worthwhile in moving now, rather then regretting not moving later on. However, only move if you can definitely to the subjects you want to do.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
You can appeal to your school for not allowing you to take english advance. It's fair because in not allowing you to do english advanced and only having a chosen few, your school isnt giving equal change towards every student. But if you dont, you should DEFINITELY change schools, its better now than never.

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
Sounds like a very dodgy school. I'd change ASAP. Appealing isn't going to help; they ahve already made a determination about who is selected and how, and it's unlikely a single student opinion (or even several or quite a few) are going to sway them. Don't waste your time. Just change.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should change school ASAP in order to have a chance to do the subjects you really want and enjoy-otherwise it might be too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)