School Attendance (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Re: Absent Days In Year 12

Haven't missed any days of school either but I'm still behind in h/w. I wanna do more extra curricular activities out school but haven't yet.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC

iv been sick with a horrible cold but i do come late to skoo every day =D
is that a bad thing? =( does late records matter that much on our reports w/e?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC

they will only matter if your parents care, or if future employers want to look at your report and care about your attendance.

also, SHOOP DA WHOOP

ice ken

HSC

jst stay in touch with the work dont fall behind i missed like >60% of lessons and still achieved 99.85. class time i felt was waste of time, onli went to have fun and chat. mainly studied at home.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

As long as you get all the notes from your teachers and keep up to date, you should be fine.

jelly belly

HSC

i've been absent from school for around 3 weeks and missed about 4 assignments...to go with the 6 weeks i've missed in term 4...i don't think i'm doing to well

Aplus

HSC
N/A

jelly belly said:
i've been absent from school for around 3 weeks and missed about 4 assignments...to go with the 6 weeks i've missed in term 4...i don't think i'm doing to well
Well, that's about 9 weeks which is over 2 months. Very concerning.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

Rhanoct said:
they will only matter if your parents care, or if future employers want to look at your report and care about your attendance.

also, SHOOP DA WHOOP
I heard only the school and centrelink have access to attendence records? Is this incorrect?

sasa-o8

HSC

I've missed about 5 or 6 days for year 12. I tend to take days off when it's near exam times so I can sleep in abit more and feel energized come exam time (haha lame excuse :D)

emmmy

HSC

Bacilli said:
I heard only the school and centrelink have access to attendence records? Is this incorrect?
it on the report card for my school.
if you apply for a job straight away they will look at your report :D

xx em

a.Limjoco

HSC

have not yet missed a day of school... for some reason im happy about that. don't know if its doing me much good though.. :p HSC 08

lucy01

HSC

i have been absent from school for about 13 days this term alone. only because i play alot of sport tho. its not my fault i cant get enough sport in2 my life. ive missed lots of assesment tasks, i even have 2 hand my english 1 in a week b4 the rest of my yr cause i wont b der. n i miss my half yearlys. oops. teachers dont no it yet eitha. they'll freak

Prosper

HSC

i've missed about 8 periods all up due to various things. (equivalent of two days at our school)

Going to try and not miss any more, I usually attend every lesson but have had things to do this year -.-

I hate missing maths though, english I dont care, physics i might drop, business the teacher is great and helps me if I miss out on something.

bassistx

HSC

Add my days up and it's probably a month.
Add my late times up and it's probably a month as well... Was 3 weeks worth of school in term 4 last year.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC

Bacilli said:
Yep, but an employer might ask to see your school reports.

yennie B

HSC
jelly belly said:

i second that.

there was an ex student who missed out basically the WHOLE of yr 12 cos she was sick

luckily with the teachers support and she was determined in the end i guess and made it thru

with uai of 90.

depends on one's motivation and methods of studying.

Last edited by a moderator:

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC

Meh.
The principal called my parents today to tell them i was getting placed on some crappy program that tries to get kids to keep going to school.
I think it's rather ghey, i only have 2 subjects at school and i do the rest through distance ed so it's not like i miss much when i am at school. I have 13/30 periods a week.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

risole91 said:
i always photocopy the work i miss, but i always seem to neglect reading it :[

As long as you catch up on the work sometime it should be okay missing a couple of days of school. In most subjects even if you miss a couple of days work you wont rally dall behind. The only subject that you should really catch up as soon as you come back is maths, coz if you miss one concept you wont be able to get the subseqent ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)