School Attendance (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Are the reasons you have been so absence from school valid? Do you have proof/evidence/certificates? Have you been keeping up with your work? Handing things in on time?

If you truely feel you are in the right (i.e. where absence with good valid reason) then call the department of education. I'm sure they can do something about it if you have a good reason.

xJennax

HSC
Hmm they should have given you a warning. I'm pretty sure you need 80% attendence (board of studies requirement).

danz90

HSC
My school has warned us that if our attendance drops below 85% it is possible that we will be ineligible to receive a HSC.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
riseagainst90 said:
wtf

thats fully off topic and got nothign to do with anything, stop wasting my time
In the same way your school doesn't want to waste their time on you? :rolleyes:

michael1990

HSC
I am pretty sure its got something to do with the hours of study needed in each of your subjects.

Like say Business needs you to do 240 indictive hours.
If you have been away heaps and by the HSC you will have only done 200 they would have grounds to ask you to leave.

sasa-o8

HSC
My school told us you need at least 85% attendance or otherwise you may not be able to sit the HSC.

My attendance is getting worse, been taking approx a day off each week =/

riseagainst90

HSC
to answer pritnep

yes i am well up to date with assesments and like i said in the initial post, exceeding my other class members in rankings.

i think michael 1990 is probly right. hopefulyl something like the 20-20-20 club could make those hours up

thanks for the other input :)

MTP

HSC
Yerp they can kick you out of the school for poor attendance, anything below 85%, then you are screwed. This includes, partial day absences (not attending cetain periods, arriving late to school, not signing in properly) and full day absences. But it does not count the explained absences (i think).

A couple of students in my year have had to sign out, due to their poor attendance. Ohh well, it gets ridof competition, i guess. :p

danz90

HSC
There's actually a new rule starting from next week that states your parents can get prosecuted if a valid reason is not provided for an absence from school.

michael1990

HSC
danz90 said:
There's actually a new rule starting from next week that states your parents can get prosecuted if a valid reason is not provided for an absence from school.
A valid reason is 'My son was absence because he did not feel up to going to school due to personal circumstances'. They can't ask what they are, well they can but you can lie or say none of your business.

michael1990

HSC
riseagainst90 said:
to answer pritnep

yes i am well up to date with assesments and like i said in the initial post, exceeding my other class members in rankings.

i think michael 1990 is probly right. hopefulyl something like the 20-20-20 club could make those hours up

thanks for the other input :)
I am sure there would be around the automatic sign out though.
Are you under 18 and living with your parents?

skynet89

HSC
you serious? when did this get implemented , i came from a catholic-private school i jigged so many days last year lol, way more than 15%

michael1990

HSC
skynet89 said:
you serious? when did this get implemented , i came from a catholic-private school i jigged so many days last year lol, way more than 15%
LOL
I haven't heard of this new policy. Although it could be implemented.
Just make sure you go to school from now on.

sherly1990

HSC
My attendance is getting worse, been taking approx a day off each week =/[/quote]

dont worry...u're not the only one...
weneva my friends c me they'll be like 'oh u're here for once' ....lolz

sherly1990

HSC
danz90 said:
that is reali weird...wat if ur parents doesnt even knoe that u didnt go 2 skul??? im pretty sure they havent impose this rule just yet coz so far nothing is happening 2 me n my rents

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
OP.

Thats not right, organise a meeting and sort it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)