School Attendancy (1 Viewer)

MONKEYjulz

HSC
Hey all,
Was just wondering after trials if going to school is still compulsory (taking into consideration you've finished your course). Like will it add to your usual school attendance, and if it drops below a certain amount of days absent, you don't get your HSC?
I heard that you must attend 80% of school days in order to be safe. I also heard the days only count if you still have assessments. Thus meaning going to school after trials is unnecessary.

I don't understand how it works. Can somebody please explain it to me?
Thanks!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Attendance still is compulsory for my school and others from what i have heard.

You might as well go - i know that most subjects still have content to cover so it isn't like there's no point in going.

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
We hadn't finished our courses before the trials, so no choice there.

But yeah, pretty sure you do need to go anyway.

0hNivlek

HSC
Compulsary here. We had a year meeting and the deputy told us we can have three days off but if you have an exceptional case then you can be off.

ashsimpson

HSC
i am in the midsdle of my trials.
it is optional to go back here at my school, but my advise is go anyway, get that extra help from teachers

MONKEYjulz

HSC
It would be stupid not to go anyway, after you get your trials results you learn how to improve them.
You can also improve them by yourself (which i find easier than going through with teachers)

I just think it's more effective studying at home instead of going back to school. In my case, i only go back to go over stuff we've already done (can do at home) and do exam papers for revision (can do at home).

I dunno... guess should ask the teachers aye.

pman

Banned
HSC
don't bother going, there is no point after you finish ur courses, all that u'll achaive by going is lowering the ATAR of everyone that doesn't go to ur school, and raising the ATAR of those that attend ur school....so unless ur at cazbah, don't go

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i never achieved the compulsory attendance for my courses anyway.

Divinity_

HSC
don't bother going, there is no point after you finish ur courses, all that u'll achaive by going is lowering the ATAR of everyone that doesn't go to ur school, and raising the ATAR of those that attend ur school....so unless ur at cazbah, don't go
I think you should go back to school, especially with the poor spelling.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Still compulsory for us, all the way until the last period of friday, week 9 :)

But, I didnt go to school today, decided to study at the library... and as you can see, I ended up coming on BoS :mad1:

astroe

HSC
Compulsory, yes.
Every single day until the last day of term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)