School camp - Compulsory? (1 Viewer)

Skeptyks

HSC
Just wondering, school camp Yr 11 coming up and apparently it accounts for 25 hours for the amount of hours we require to attend school. Am I screwed if I miss out on it? Also, I haven't missed a day of school.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure you could get out of it with a doctor's certificate etc. Most schools make it compulsory so people don't just stay home the whole camp duration to do their assessment tasks etc.

Gigacube

HSC
Probably is, Crossroads compulsory at my school I'm pretty sure.
Crossroads is compulsory for everyone. Not sure about private & catholic schools. It's not always a camp either. Sometimes it's a workshop which is what I had.

forbidden01

HSC
Crossroads is compulsory for everyone. Not sure about private & catholic schools. It's not always a camp either. Sometimes it's a workshop which is what I had.
no, it's not for catholic schools. i went to one, didn't have anything to do with crossroads. we did have "retreat" though... all that ~spiritual~ shit that no one even paid attention to.

Skeptyks

HSC
Yes, it is crossroads at Mt Morisset. What do you do there? Is it seriously compulsory...?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
you learn about drugs, relationships, making decisions etc. bs

Skeptyks

HSC
But is it compulsory? I read up and it said, "students who do not complete this blablabla do not fail the HSC course blabalbla"

Skeptyks

HSC
Well it says this camp is 'compulsory' and we 'expect to take every person' but all camps say that... So I don't really know....

Gigacube

HSC
Camp is fun & not many other people are going to be at school so you may as well go. Otherwise you might have to do theory which is extremely boring.

Skeptyks

HSC
So I'll only probably have to go to school for a bit then leave or not go to school at all and it won't affect my preliminary HSC. I hope...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Should go to camp. Make the most of your Year 12.

jnney

lemon
HSC
We have crossroads too but there's a 'stay at school theory' version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)