SCHOOL CAPTAIN TIPS (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
G'day my fellow boredofstudies members!

This year I'm planning for running for school captain and was hoping for ANY advice and tips to help me get there :)
I know Australian schools are different from American ones concerning how to run for captain so would you as a student be less likely to vote for an student that campaigns (ie. freebies, posters, endorsements).

Thanks guys and any tips can help!!!
:)

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A

This year I'm planning for running for school captain and was hoping for ANY advice and tips to help me get there :)
I know Australian schools are different from American ones concerning how to run for captain so would you as a student be less likely to vote for an student that campaigns (ie. freebies, posters, endorsements).

are u from america?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A

I vote for the person with the most engaging speech that don't go on about the usual stuff like "I believe a leader is everybody, a badge doesn't define you, but you should vote for me because i used to be a peer support leader" blah blah. Also make the speech short because people zone out, unless teachers are part of your votes.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Oh hey, I know this may be a bit late, but I would say a way to get your place as leader is by making a mediocre quote that can catch everyones attention, your quote is supposed to differentiate you from your opponents, so why not be unique. So yeh, this tip really works since I got into SRC because of my mediocre quote.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Being a Student Leader is kinda hard, you basically have to give up your time to help contribute to the school like preparing to hold events, helping other students and teachers, help the community. You shouldn't just become an SRC just because of the entitlement, you have to earn that title. This is a quote my Teacher who's in charge of the SRC in my school, "Be Proactive, Not Reactive" meaning instead of just doing nothing when the school needs your help, actually respond to it and see what you can do to help, that's what it means to be a leader in my own words.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Aight guys its been like almost two years since I came back to this post, but i gotta rephrase what my lil me said abt school captain.

Your speech could be mediocre and humorous at times, but not the whole ass thing, or you will end up a 🤡. There should be a balance between humour and seriousness in your speeches. Especially in mine, i added my humourous side to show people that I am approachable and would gladly take inquiries to improve the school, whereas my serious side conveys that I'd take my job seriously and provide the best outcomes for my school.

Additionally, get a hook for introducing your speech. For example, my src elections were on video so my idea for my hook was "Sorry for not shaving for the occasion" and I didn't shave the whole week when I was supposed to since I had school photos. But in the end, I got into src.

vishnay

God
HSC
Aight guys its been like almost two years since I came back to this post, but i gotta rephrase what my lil me said abt school captain.

Your speech could be mediocre and humorous at times, but not the whole ass thing, or you will end up a 🤡. There should be a balance between humour and seriousness in your speeches. Especially in mine, i added my humourous side to show people that I am approachable and would gladly take inquiries to improve the school, whereas my serious side conveys that I'd take my job seriously and provide the best outcomes for my school.

Additionally, get a hook for introducing your speech. For example, my src elections were on video so my idea for my hook was "Sorry for not shaving for the occasion" and I didn't shave the whole week when I was supposed to since I had school photos. But in the end, I got into src.
proud of ya boi

HSC
damn our schools dont even have a speech process. you get nominated within teachers your year and then the year above. and then the next level is a bunch of interviews with the principal, head of senior school and stuff

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
damn our schools dont even have a speech process. you get nominated within teachers your year and then the year above. and then the next level is a bunch of interviews with the principal, head of senior school and stuff
For my school you gotta make a speech in front of the whole yr 11 cohort, and the day after the election(which also the day you present your speech) the results for the 2 caps and 2 vice-caps are announced.

HSC

Write a speech which is engaging and is able to tell everybody your achievements, credentials into enough detail so your peers and teachers can understand who they're voting for.

When I applied, the principal rejected my speech because I didn't go into depth about my achievements and credentials when contrasted to other candidates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)