School Certificate Done! - We're Free! (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, we did the SC. We had camp the day after. We had two weeks of school. We had a maths placement exam, then finished on the 28th of November.

We picked up the SC sometime later.

7th Sign

HSC
arnt u school certificate kids on holidays yet? after out school certificate we were on hols :cool: :cool:

47sniper

HSC
N/A
Oh. We get our results on the same day we finish :\

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
we have our graduation ceremony on 9 dec this year too. and that's when we'd get our report and the school certificate, i think. but i get to sign out earlier - i'm going to melbourne even before that starts! hehe :D

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
airie said:
we have our graduation ceremony on 9 dec this year too. and that's when we'd get our report and the school certificate, i think. but i get to sign out earlier - i'm going to melbourne even before that starts! hehe :D
My graduation is on the same day or maybe the 10th but I'm missing it because I'm going overseas. :(

But :) because I get to go on holidays, who cares about graduation.

kaylee_89

HSC
free!

yea.. no more skool certificate!!
my skool go tthurs and fri off den we start yr 11
how bout evry1 else?

kay

47sniper

HSC
N/A
you start year 11? This year? I thought they weren't allowed to do that...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The board of studies says schools cant start teaching yr 11 preliminary subjects in term 4 to yr 10. But alot of the schools break the rules and start teaching yr 10 thier preliminary subjects because they dont want their students to sign-out, wag, bludge etc.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
Oh. Wouldn't that be a little unfair to other schools?

P

pLuvia

47sniper said:
Oh. Wouldn't that be a little unfair to other schools?
Many schools do that, it's not unfair it's just they get my time to revise. But if you consistently study and revise you will do as well as them.

P

pLuvia

who_loves_maths said:
graduation? don't you go to one of those school that teach yr 11 and yr 12 after yr 10???
Graduation as in presentation of school certificate, it's called a graduation didn't you have one?

HSC
airie said:
we have our graduation ceremony on 9 dec this year too. and that's when we'd get our report and the school certificate, i think.
yeah, thats what my schools doing. thats also yr 10s last day at my school. yay!

HSC
47sniper said:
I have it the same day too :cool:
High five everyone that has it on the 9th december!!
*high fives airie!* *high fives 47sniper!* *high fives ~shinigami~!*

ps THIS IS MY HUNDREDTH POST! :D

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
m0ofin said:
Is that a rule? I never knew that o_O We rollover to the new grade in about 1 and a half weeks for similar reasons you wrote and also to allow them time to 'adjust' and stuff. But yeh, one yr 10 class was made to sit the HSC 2U maths exam this year.
That's what the BOS says, but alot of schools disregard this and proceed to teach Year 11 to Year 10 anyway.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
chocolate_lover said:
High five everyone that has it on the 9th december!!
*high fives airie!* *high fives 47sniper!* *high fives ~shinigami~!*

ps THIS IS MY HUNDREDTH POST! :D
*HIGH FIVE*

A l

HSC
N/A
Mathematics Advanced is one special case regarding teaching the Preliminary course in Year 10.
In the Year 10 syllabus, there are three option topics which are Circle Geometry, Polynomials, Functions and Logarithms. These concepts are revisited again in the Mathematics course and especially in Mathematics Extension courses. The aim of this is to help students prepare for senior Mathematics, especially for Mathematics Extension 1.
However, these topics are not a requirement of the School Certificate and are "option" topics meaning that it is up to the choice of the teachers, in whether they should teach those topics. Many schools choose to teach these topics after the School Certificate while others may not even touch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)