School Certificate Electives ROLL CALL CLASS (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Year 10's!!! What electives are we doing for the School Certificate?

Do you like the subjects you chose?
Are you going to do them next year?

I am doing:

Music :mad: - I regret this choice. I hate it to hell. Not doing it in HSC:) (not even for 100 dollars)
History :) - Really interesting topics, but the teacher is so boring!!! but it's still a great subject. Pretty bludgy and carefree. I'm doing Ancient HIstory next year!

What did/are you doing in Year 10 for electives?

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:

I am doing:

Music :mad: - I regret this choice. I hate it to hell. Not doing it in HSC:) (not even for 100 dollars)
History :) - Really interesting topics, but the teacher is so boring!!! but it's still a great subject. Pretty bludgy and carefree. I'm doing Ancient HIstory next year!

History is an elective for you?!?! Isn't it compulsory??

Anyways, I'm doing IST and Commerce. I have a great interest in computing, but I don't plan to head towards an IT career. But its great to learn more about the technology which will one day be vital in the future. Commerce I find is excellent-All the stuff we learn can be applied to society today.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
History is not an elective.... It is all part of the course Australian History, Geography and Civics exam. It is a compulsory subject through all NSW and ACT.

I chose Music and German for my two elective for the year 10 year (remember that your electives.... including PE which was compulsory do not have an exam in the school certificate). I love music and german is pretty fun because I like to learn anotehr language and the class always enters into the german film festival... I get to go to sydney again! YES!

HSC
nerdsforever said:

I am doing:

i think he was referring to World History..coz i do that

anyway i chose
Music
World History
IST

none of which Ill be doing next year

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. nerdsforever is a female.... not HE. bahaha. It says on the posts. Gender: Female.

Hahah... I love when people don't pay attention to that!

HSC
Aquawhite said:
Lol. nerdsforever is a female.... not HE. bahaha. It says on the posts. Gender: Female.

Hahah... I love when people don't pay attention to that!
i never bother to pay attention to that..

BUT..i always thought you were a girl coz i just thought aquawhite ....

no offence

so i always wrote she when i was referring to you

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
My school offered History as an elective. It covers topics that arent covered in the year 9 and 10 course.

PASS: (Physical Activity Sports Studies) I wish I had gotten Dance as my elective choice. The class refuses to get changed into their PE uniform majority of the time. All saying that I top that class easily. Last year all we seemed to do was play football :rolleyes:

Commerce: This would be one of my favourite classes. I took it to study the Law section but majority of the course is pretty interesting. I come top 4 which is coll :)

Music was my minor and it was the biggest bludge ever. I dont think we did anything the whole year

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I did Commerce and IST last year. Although I wish I did Music since all they did was play CS and DOTA in class.

Last edited:

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
i think he was referring to World History..coz i do that

anyway i chose
Music
World History
IST

none of which Ill be doing next year
yep. I'm doing World History. Its better than Aussie History.

lol

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
i do:
japanese - its my favourite elective, but its turning pretty hard so i don't plan on doing it next year.
ist - ok i guess.
pass - terrible. its my least favourite subject..the year 9 course was pretty cool, but this year's course sucks. i dread going to every single lesson.

i do regret choosing IST & PASS, but rather be doing elective geography & commerce instead.

robot rabbit

HSC
I do commerce and drama.

I wanted to do history elective but there wasn't enough to make a class.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Commerce: This would be one of my favourite classes. I took it to study the Law section but majority of the course is pretty interesting. I come top 4 which is coll :)

Music was my minor and it was the biggest bludge ever. I dont think we did anything the whole year
Well done on your Commerce achievement. lol Music... :rofl: music is never a bludge for me, but the teacher is on holidays so we have a sub and she is deaf, so no matter how noisy we are, she never notices. I learnt nothing in music this year :)
I even studied for it and got crap marks.

marks from studying in music = marks from not studying

so might as well not even bother next time

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nerdsforever said:
Well done on your Commerce achievement. lol Music... :rofl: music is never a bludge for me, but the teacher is on holidays so we have a sub and she is deaf, so no matter how noisy we are, she never notices. I learnt nothing in music this year :)
I even studied for it and got crap marks.

marks from studying in music = marks from not studying

so might as well not even bother next time
I did german and Music. Music is kind of a bludge for me. In practical lessons it is... when my music teacher isn't there (one for clarinet lessons) its realy boring. In class when we have content our teacher is SOOO crap. She makes us summarise everything in the book... she doesn't even Teach. Tells us what to do and we have to guess what's gunna be in the exam. (last years was really hard... I only got 84%, I usually get about 95+).

German is really cool because it is a fun lesson where we can bludge the odd lesson because we talk about culture and german food lol. Other lessons where we learn the content its fun too because I find it pretty interesting and our teacher tries his best to keep the class occupied (he's a very involved teacher) which I prefer.... unlike my music teacher.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I do drama, german and agriculture [compulsory for our school, but did the school cert for it last year]

Drama's pretty fun, we have an awesome teacher who lets us play games but still teaches, and likes me for once =] so I came first in the grade in half yearlies =]
German is also awesome, cos we get to play random games and dress up and have picnics and stuff. Also I really like the homework [I sound like such a nerd == ] plus, our teacher feeds us =D
Agriculture on the other hand is a completely bullshit subject where we do not learn anything relevant to our lives and spend our time doing stupid pracs involving watching soil dissolve, or staring at grass [no, I'm not even exaggerating here] I would never, ever, ever take ag in year 11. Unless it was so I can do the philosophy distinction course in year 12 =]

Huynsta.

HSC
I do Commerce and IST for my electives...

IST sucks arse this year.

Commerce on the other hand is awesome :D

Cherushii

HSC
I do:

Japanese and commerce.

I looooooooooooooooooooooove Japanese and top the grade in it..

but I REALLY really don't like commerce...it's not so much the subject I don't like because I do find it really interesting.. sometimes. It's the teachers I desperately don't like..I'm not going to say too much about their teaching just in case but in one word; hopeless!

bored of sc

HSC
I did Food Tech, Sport Science and Music. They were cool subjects. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)