School Fees - How much do/did you pay for Education? (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Maybe you were just unlucky. $8,000 a year is very cheap for a private school (maybe a little too cheap unless it's a Catholic school). If you don't get paid good money, you can't expect to spend what you've got on better things, e.g. teachers, halls, etc.
Coming from you? Aren't you always saying talking about rich private school ppl from the north shore, and now u say $8k is cheap?

lala2

Banned
HSC
velox said:
Coming from you? Aren't you always saying talking about rich private school ppl from the north shore, and now u say $8k is cheap?
Hey, hey, I didn't mean anything bad. I know $8k isn't cheap, let alone any other big amount, but if you read my post again I meant relative to a private school education. $8,000 to any public school kid would be a lot, and I know that. Sorry if I've offended anyone: I know that a lot of people's parents are not trees made of money.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I go to Bridgo too, your neighbour isn't Mel by the way? and her mom doesn't teach maths does she?

Like Tarry said, fees in the vicinity of $8000 but they're making us pay this stupid building fund and pressing us for donations to finish this new hall they're building.

I know in comparison to other schools around us (ie PLC, Ravenswood, Abbotsleigh) it's cheaper but personally i don't think the education is that bad, my english teachers are pretty damn good.
Nah my neighbour is in a lower yr (9? i think). Maybe her mum stopped teaching at Bridgo, im not too sure, cos its been a while since i've talked to her. But she was like part time or something and taught humanities subjects. Bridgo is pretty nice as it is, dunno why they would bother adding more buildings, but in comparison to plc, its prettty small. Btw u know Kirstin? She went to my primary school....

lala2 said:
Hey, hey, I didn't mean anything bad. I know $8k isn't cheap, let alone any other big amount, but if you read my post again I meant relative to a private school education. $8,000 to any public school kid would be a lot, and I know that. Sorry if I've offended anyone: I know that a lot of people's parents are not trees made of money.
Sorry, point taken.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
nothing
not even my contribution fees
im bad
when we signed out they said u have to pay all ur fees b4 u can leave
i put my foot down and said no
and the principle said err ok
if i wanted to pay 4 my education i would have gone to a private skool
i actually paid everything except contribution which was $160..foodtech and art and stuff which i chose to do i paid for

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I'm not really sure how much our fees are, I'd say $12K+ for middle schoolers because now they include laptop rental with your fees from years 7-9. I think it's closer to $15K for years 10-12, I wouldn't really be able to tell because I've been paid for since 2001 :p (our school offers 10 full ac.scholarships per year plus several music ones)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I go to a public high school and I've never paid a cent towards school fees. Why should I, it's not a private or catholic school. All though we do get treatment similar to those schools.

Eslyssa

HSC
Well, I'm on an academic scholarship, so I'm not really sure... but I think it's something in the vicinity of 18k for year twelve. Something like that. Either way, I wouldn't have been able to go there if I didn't get the scholarship - I had been going to North Sydney.

Camps/Excursions/Books are expensive enough - my music text book was $90 this year, and we had to get a $200 piece of software. My private music lessons are $50 a week/hour.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i don't know how much our fees were... i mean "voluntary contributions"

i think about $120 or something...

best value for money

Boom Selecta

HSC
Riverview fees are about 14k for dayboy and 20k or so for a boarder. My sisters school costed 25k to board.

kylie_robbo

I think my school fees were about four grand a year... That's for a rural Christian parent controlled school... Pretty reasonable when you think about how much the Catholic schools (all three highschools that turned into two were about five grand a year) and the Anglican school (about five and a half grand per year)...

We didn't have to pay for textbooks (I never have had to pay for textbooks - always on loan from the school library). Had to pay for all excursions (they weren't compulsory). Had to pay for all Macca's and all PizzaLunch days... Didn't have to pay for my magnet badge which I kept losing and people kept returning it. Didn't have to pay any extra for different subjects (all subject charges were averaged out and included in the school fees unless you chose to do a distance ed or TAFE subject - then it was up to you to pay).

I enjoyed it. Private school with no straw hats or blazers. And we had different summer and winter uniforms (the other school I went to had the same thing year round) - the summer one looked like Macca's manager's used to - maroon knee-length (as a maximum) skirt with a split at the back, and a "dressy overshirt" (shirt that doesn't have to be tucked in) that was (in theory) white with a thin maroon line through it (no-one had a white shirt - they were all grey). There was blazers for us Student Leaders on special occasions, but I never had to wear one. It was all good.

I'm tired.

Libbster

HSC
My school fees or 'voluntary contributions' are about $180! Go public schools!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
mine are "voluntary" and this year comes to about 170ish. In year 7 it was about 250-300.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)