School is a waste of time? (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
The only subject I am having a gripe with now is Business.... the teacher just gives us worksheets in class and we kinda fend for ourselves.

enoilgam

HSC
What's school?

Surrendering yourself to the unrestrained thought process of the teachers as they continue to blurt out the importance of doing well in the HSC - it becomes so reiterated that everyone gets stressed. Stress causes memory loss. Memory loss causes poor performance in exam. Poor performance in exam causes bad ATAR. Bad ATAR causes no job. No job causes financial issues.

Therefore, school is the root of all evil.
You're an odd fish SB.

zmccu3

HSC
should just go for the sake of friends tbh. there's more to life than reaching maximum productivity.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You can meet up with them after exams. You reach maximum productivity and you get the fun-side of life. Win win situation.

enoilgam

HSC
should just go for the sake of friends tbh. there's more to life than reaching maximum productivity.
Dead set agree with this - despite what I have said in this thread, going at the end of the year is definitely worth it for this reason alone.

Foxyq

HSC
You can meet up with them after exams. You reach maximum productivity and you get the fun-side of life. Win win situation.

I agree with menomaths, there's plenty of time after exams + I just have too much to do. Also, this is sad but I'm not going to miss my friends :l

enoilgam

HSC
I agree with menomaths, there's plenty of time after exams + I just have too much to do. Also, this is sad but I'm not going to miss my friends :l
There is plenty of time, but somehow it passes you by when it comes to friends - it becomes harder to get everyone together at once. It just isnt like HS - trust me, when you look back on it, the things you tend to remember are the moments with your mates etc. You hardly ever look back and think "how awesome was it that I gunned that last exam". I'm not saying that people should neglect their studies, but dont take the little time you have left for granted when it comes to your friends.

Foxyq

HSC
There is plenty of time, but somehow it passes you by when it comes to friends - it becomes harder to get everyone together at once. It just isnt like HS - trust me, when you look back on it, the things you tend to remember are the moments with your mates etc. You hardly ever look back and think "how awesome was it that I gunned that last exam". I'm not saying that people should neglect their studies, but dont take the little time you have left for granted when it comes to your friends.
Yeah I guess..our last week of school is fully booked for year 12 bonding time as well lol, picnics, fun nights, graduation and more. I really don't know now, to stay home or go to school :l

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah I guess..our last week of school is fully booked for year 12 bonding time as well lol, picnics, fun nights, graduation and more. I really don't know now, to stay home or go to school :l
Go to school I reckon, you might get more done at home, but in the grand scheme of things I dont think it will make a huge difference. You will regret missing this time way more I think.

zmccu3

HSC
lol I swear some people on here are robots. at the end of the day he's still missing out on the major social aspects by staying home, even if its just bludging with his mates for 4 weeks it's something he'll never be able to do again (at high school). take a cheeky day off here and there by all means but seriously lol, skipping 4 weeks to 'reach maximum productivity is just lacking common sense. go to school champ.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
lol I swear some people on here are robots. at the end of the day he's still missing out on the major social aspects by staying home, even if its just bludging with his mates for 4 weeks it's something he'll never be able to do again (at high school). take a cheeky day off here and there by all means but seriously lol, skipping 4 weeks to 'reach maximum productivity is just lacking common sense. go to school champ.
Thanks for your advice, but I've been going to school for nearly 10 years, and I don't think not going to school for a month will adversely affect my friendship and/or the social aspect of my life. After graduation we plan to meet up anyways, and unlike the normal days we have at school together, we can actually go to the movies, theme parks etc etc and have a much better time than just meeting at school.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
My social life is pretty much screwed anyway

No Facebook fun yayayayayaya (zero contact with who I don't want to talk to after school = minimum 80% of my year group

Makematics

HSC
Thanks for your advice, but I've been going to school for nearly 10 years, and I don't think not going to school for a month will adversely affect my friendship and/or the social aspect of my life. After graduation we plan to meet up anyways, and unlike the normal days we have at school together, we can actually go to the movies, theme parks etc etc and have a much better time than just meeting at school.
Didnt u hear enoil? Its much harder to meet up and it just isnt the same! Ive seen yr 12s at my school leave each year, and every year their friendship brings tears to my eyes. I wouldnt miss the last weeks of school even if i broke both my legs

bedpotato

HSC
'Study leave' officially began today for me. So can't go to school anymore (unless there's a trial exam) until HSC exams begin...barely going to see friends :(

So, go to school and spend time with your friends. Trust me. And if you need to, just take a day off each week.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Didnt u hear enoil? Its much harder to meet up and it just isnt the same! Ive seen yr 12s at my school leave each year, and every year their friendship brings tears to my eyes. I wouldnt miss the last weeks of school even if i broke both my legs
Don't make me emotional man! On Friday I had my last trials and met my friend after a long time, he literally kissed my hand when we shook hand (No homo, just nostalgia...I hope).

Foxyq

HSC
I've decided to only go to class for English to get my teacher to mark my essays + creative writing + a few extra days to hang with friends. Thanks everyone for the replies.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Farrrk bro I'm in the same boat as you!! Fucking school is shot the teachers all have Atars of 60 and 70-they don't the work well anyway. And then there's good students like you who aren't being nurtured.

Legit I swear if school didn't exist it would fine cause all these tutoring colleges are bloody good man! They have 99 atar people who KNOW THEIR STUFF unlike these stupid teachers who go into teaching because they're too dumb to do anything else. Now I'm not placing a stereotype on them because half of the teachers are fucking good but the other half-ugh I dont even wanna talk about it.

My chem teacher got an atar of 72 and she has to keep referring to the textbook when she shows us examples and shit because she fucking doesnt know how to do mole questions.

But hey i recently started at tutor and my lord it's fuckkkin GOOOOOD! Why doesnt this education minister do something about this fucked up curriculum. He can at least provide a higher atar for teachers to study teaching or provide a better incentive-more fringe benefits or tax cuts IDK because students are the future of our world and if they're not educated properly then what the fuck is our world gonna be like in few years!!!! Fucking do something about this education jumble!!! :mad:
Agree with this.
The bright ones aka HSC high achieves all flock to medicine,law, engineering.
Leaving the crap ones being school teachers.

How do you EXPECT someone to aim high, do well and be inspired to achieve 99+ when ip the teacher teaching them can't even get an atar of 80...

Gosh, I feel like I'm about to start the toxic teacher debate again...:S

Btw, I'd rather watch maths online at home instead of going to a bludge maths class at school

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)