School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

HSC
Apparentely you needed 98 this year to get an offer from the Economics and Business Faculty. They said on the application form 95. Liessss!!!!!!! I wish you the best danz!! :) :) We need smart young things like you to accompany us all.

danz90

HSC
olivegreentiger said:
Apparentely you needed 98 this year to get an offer from the Economics and Business Faculty. They said on the application form 95. Liessss!!!!!!! I wish you the best danz!! :) :) We need smart young things like you to accompany us all.
Thanks! :)
hehehe smart young things.
I'm not very optimistic for a scholarship, to be honest... because all of the offers would have been posted out by now. Maybe I was at like the edge of the shortlist and was unlucky...

maz5

HSC
artist91 said:
it must be really hard to get a usyd scholarship! i got a 97.00 and didn't even get shortlisted! congrats to everyone who was luckier!
Yes, they shortlist far before they know your UAI. They assess very much the type of person you are from the personal statement. ie. extra-curricular activities, contribution to community, aspirations, outgoing and enthusiastic qualities, etc.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Thanks! :)
hehehe smart young things.
I'm not very optimistic for a scholarship, to be honest... because all of the offers would have been posted out by now. Maybe I was at like the edge of the shortlist and was unlucky...
did u get a response from email/phone?

danz90

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
did u get a response from email/phone?
Nope, I didn't call them though, only email.
I got an auto-email reply when I sent the email last night saying the Faculty is closed until the 5th of January, does that mean it opens tomorrow?

Nevertheless, I might be able to ask the Faculty tomorrow at Info Day. You reckon they'll tell me?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Nope, I didn't call them though, only email.
I got an auto-email reply when I sent the email last night saying the Faculty is closed until the 5th of January, does that mean it opens tomorrow?

Nevertheless, I might be able to ask the Faculty tomorrow at Info Day. You reckon they'll tell me?
definitely, u have a right to know, either way

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
does anyone know anything about unsw general scholarships and when they come out? if i get a decent one, i think id rather unsw. nothing in the mail so far, and no phone calls. anyone get one yet?

KarmaKitten

HSC
The people representing the faculty at Info Day might not be the people taking care of the scholarships. So they might not have any clue at all. Best bet is to email or call the appropriate person.

danz90

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
The people representing the faculty at Info Day might not be the people taking care of the scholarships. So they might not have any clue at all. Best bet is to email or call the appropriate person.
I meant that I'll actually go to the faculty office(s) and ask. I don't expect anyone at the stalls to tell me LOL

Edit: I just found out that in 2007, the Faculty of Pharmacy gave out 9 Entry scholarships, and 4 Merit. Haaa.. wat are the chances that I'M going to get one, there must be hundreds of applicants.

Last edited:

steban

violin dude
HSC
to danz, dunno if you found out anything at info day, but i only received my entry scholarship today.

i applied for music at the con, and yeah, they have been making me wait a looong time. they said yesterday they jsut got back into the office and tahts when they started sending them out, so just wait i guess....

the cons now deciding who they want to award faculty scholarships so im hoping inside i can get two hehe, but this entry scholarship is enough to make me super happy

danz90

HSC
steban said:
to danz, dunno if you found out anything at info day, but i only received my entry scholarship today.

i applied for music at the con, and yeah, they have been making me wait a looong time. they said yesterday they jsut got back into the office and tahts when they started sending them out, so just wait i guess....

the cons now deciding who they want to award faculty scholarships so im hoping inside i can get two hehe, but this entry scholarship is enough to make me super happy
Wow, congratulations! you must be really happy :D :D

I've kinda given up hope of a scholarship though, I think that Pharmacy faculty might have already sent out all their scholarship offers. Ah well..

samwell

HSC
Did anybody get a confirmation of scholarship after getting shortlisted
I got shortlisted and they said they are gonna contact me after UAIs.
Does anybody know when the faculty of engineering and science are sending out confimations?

HSC
samwell said:
Did anybody get a confirmation of scholarship after getting shortlisted
I got shortlisted and they said they are gonna contact me after UAIs.
Does anybody know when the faculty of engineering and science are sending out confimations?
I know engineering was sent out a while ago. A person I know got an entry scholarship.

danz90

HSC
Looks like I'm not getting a scholarship. I'm still on the short list, and may receive an offer if someone else doesn't take up their offer.
In other words, no scholarship for me lol.
:(

samwell

HSC
olivegreentiger said:
I know engineering was sent out a while ago. A person I know got an entry scholarship.
Am talking about merit scholarships. I applied for merit.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
samwell said:
Am talking about merit scholarships. I applied for merit.
no you applied for both - you don't chose which they give you, they decide.

and it's the same thing in terms of offers - merit is just for longer

samwell

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
no you applied for both - you don't chose which they give you, they decide.

and it's the same thing in terms of offers - merit is just for longer
Ohh i thought merit was the one u apply without any specific faculty

thanks for that mann
i think i missed it

danz90

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Don't worry danz, it will work out fine in the end.

When do university offers come out anyways?
Yeah, with or without a scholarship, I should still get into BPharm esaily. But the scholarship would've been a real big help, but nevermind. I'm over it.

Main round offers are released on the UAC Site on 21st January @ 9pm :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Man, thats ages away. Good luck

I remember how I was that night two years ago, I spent the entire day near the pc just waiting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)