School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

lionking1191

HSC
danz90 said:
Looks like I'm not getting a scholarship. I'm still on the short list, and may receive an offer if someone else doesn't take up their offer.
In other words, no scholarship for me lol.
:(
did they say you got shortlisted? i thought that just meant you get the scholarship if you satisfy the entry requirements?

danz90

HSC
Yeah, I was shortlisted and still remain so. Here's the email reply from the Faculty of Pharmacy:

Hi Daniel

Conditional offers for scholarships have already been sent. You are still on our shortlist and may be notified if someone else does not take up their offer but at this stage you have not been given a firm offer.

samwell

HSC
who got the scholarship after gettin shortlisted?
Coz at info day they told me that faculties usually send out their first round offers and then final offers

Got heaps confused coz i thought the first round was getting shortlisted and then final round is the confirmation after UAI results.

danz90

HSC
samwell said:
who got the scholarship after gettin shortlisted?
Coz at info day they told me that faculties usually send out their first round offers and then final offers

Got heaps confused coz i thought the first round was getting shortlisted and then final round is the confirmation after UAI results.
Its similar to the UAC offers kinda thing.

Final round offers is where any scholarship "vacancies" are offered to other applicants (in our case, who are shortlisted), from offers declined or not taken up, in the First Round.

samwell

HSC
They sent me an offer 2day
yay!!!
But how come engineering sent me an offer this late?

danz90

HSC
samwell said:
They sent me an offer 2day
yay!!!
But how come engineering sent me an offer this late?
aww cool, lucky you! Congratulations :D

Probably they sent you an offer now, because somebody declined their offer or didn't take it up, so then they offered it to you now. :)

maz5

HSC
or someone got a bigger scholarship(10 grand)

danz90

HSC
maz5 said:
or someone got a bigger scholarship(10 grand)
Yeah that's a good possibility too.

Does anyone know of any scholarships I can apply for during First Year?

samwell

HSC
Keep on checkin ua faculty web for info abt future scholarships
maintain a gud uni performance an u r guranteed of scholarship offers

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
there was a scholarships stall at the info day thing where they gave out brochures detailing all the types of scholarships they offer etc, and that most weren't known to most ppl etc etc, you might want to check it out

mel4dan

danz90 said:
Yeah that's a good possibility too.

Does anyone know of any scholarships I can apply for during First Year?
Hey,

I go to USYD and I didn't get any scholarships from the uni itself when I first applied - had the similar story of being shortlisted and then rejected - apparently only 1 or 2 are offered in my faculty.

I did end up receiving a scholarship from my residential college though, so you could look into something like that if you want to live on campus.

Otherwise my advice is try to maintain a good average at uni for scholarships that may come up in the year. You can get prizes for getting 1st in a subject (I got 2 of these last year) but sometimes they don't give you any money, just the certificate.

Also, see if you can qualify for the commonwealth ones - I got one of these too finally which always helps.

But as far as just plain old academic performance scholarships, it is very competitive and there isn't much available at all unless you are doing specific courses or are significantly disadvantaged in some way.

Mel.

Miss Winey

HSC
Hey congratulations on getting a scholarship!!!

For those people who are looking to get a scholarship during their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th year,

here is some info

Equity scholarships (intake is 4 times EACH year!)
Equity Scholarships for Current Students - Scholarships and Prizes - The University of Sydney

for faculty scholarships, you need to look at your individual faculties.
Here is the one for engineering
Scholarships for Current students - Home - The University of Sydney

there are also community scholarships, for example, the insitute of engineers australia gives out scholarships each year, and they advertise on their website.

Good luck!
PLenty of opportunities!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lady from eco and business just rang me to confirm that she can re-offer my schoalrship, cause she's like "we haven't heard back from u, and looking at ur preferences, uve got us 5th on your list"

so yeh, i'm pretty sure they do re-offer, but it's a shame it's so late (ie preferences already in, someone who gets one because someone rejected it doesnt know until their pref. are locked)

danz90

HSC
Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet, after being shortlisted?
I should've gotten one by now, lol I'll give them till the end of next week.

YOON`

HSC
I can see that danz90 is VERY keen on getting the pharm scholarship.
GOOD LUCK.
I have a question though.. how many people got a scholarship offer for merit and entry this year?

danz90

HSC
I can see that danz90 is VERY keen on getting the pharm scholarship.
GOOD LUCK.
I have a question though.. how many people got a scholarship offer for merit and entry this year?
Thanks, lol, but I'm not getting it. Offers were already sent quite a while ago. Just waiting for rejection letter now..

If you're referring to Pharmacy faculty, on average, I think 3-5 merit are given out, and around 10 Entry.
Throughout the whole Uni, I think like 50 Merit and 100 Entry.

YOON`

HSC
Oh really? YAY thanks
hey, do you know anything about timetable atm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)