School Litter Policy (1 Viewer)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
My school has enacted a new litter policy and it is garbage. (Pardon the pun) The rule is that if any teachers catches you standing near, or walking past any litter without cleaning it, you get a "Litter Detention". This means even though you are just walking past a piece of paper, and a teacher is behind you, and he/she sees you not cleaning it, you get a "Litter Detention"... Score another one for stupidity in the school hierachy... Im hoping it would collapse within a few weeks.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
lol, ours just makes me laugh. We have music for a bell, so when they play the music at 1pm it means we have to start cleaning up. They play the music for 15mins, so when the music stops we sposed to goto class. It's a bullshit rule, because the Yr 12's sit in a seperate area & we don't litter much anyway.

s2ophie

HSC
Our deputy gets up once and a while on assembly and makes a crap comment about litter. no one really listens to him and nothing really happens. We have one cleaner at our school whos job seems to be to pick up rubbish. unfortunately she has a whole in her feral leggings in a very unfortunate place!! (some even claim she skimps on the underwear but i haven't looked that closely)

is a roflcopter
HSC
if a teacher that doesnt know you tells you to pick up rubbish, just keep walking

if the teacher knows you, then he/she wont tell a senior to do something stupid like pickup rubbish

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
We have music for a bell, so when they play the music at 1pm it means we have to start cleaning up.
i remember in primary we had that... it was to signal wet weather though, for everyone to come indoors... they played "Singing in the Rain"

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Teachers shouldn't even bother when it comes to picking up rubbish...no matter what they try, no ones gonna do it!

Heh, thats funny about the Singing In The Rain signal. :p At our school, we made so much mess in classrooms during wet weather that they made all students sit outside at recess-whether you could find shelter or not. At lunchtimes, seniors could sit in classrooms (thankfully this rule came in when I was already in year 11...;)), but all the juniors had to sit in designated areas in the hallways, on the cold floor, and there was never enough room and people couldn't move aroudn the school cos there were people sitting everywhere. How dodgy is that!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha wat?? as if u look at the floor when u walk neway, i dont notice rubbish

kalli

HSC
At myschool, if the litter gets too bad, we have "litter assemblies" in our lunchtime where everyone sits down in the quadrangle and ppl are picked out and sent to pick up rubbish....very stupid....

is a roflcopter
HSC
hahaah we had those in primary school :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
In primary school and teachers would say something like "you can't go to the playground until you pick up 10 pieces of rubbish"-would everyone here just find 1 piece of rubbish and rip it into 10 pieces? :p Somehow the teachers never seemed to catch on...

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
about few months ago, anyone who comes to school late has to pick up 20 pieces of rubbish, or something like that, present it to the teacher in duty, and get it signed. Or else, friday detention.

There were many rubbish hunters with plastic bags supplied by the school back then :D

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by kalli
At myschool, if the litter gets too bad, we have "litter assemblies" in our lunchtime where everyone sits down in the quadrangle and ppl are picked out and sent to pick up rubbish....very stupid....
We have that as well... but ours is done by year, not by school. Its sooo annoying to have to do that, especially if we have to stand under the boiling sun during summer or the freezing cold of winter...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)