School Marks - how important do you think they are (1 Viewer)

blackglitter

HSC
I did an accelerated subject in year 10 and did pretty shit in my school assessments but aced the actual hsc and somehow scraped a band 6 :confused: Learning from that, i think that school marks are just as important, if not more important than the actual hsc paper. What do you guys think?

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
blackglitter said:
I did an accelerated subject in year 10 and did pretty shit in my school assessments but aced the actual hsc and somehow scraped a band 6 :confused: Learning from that, i think that school marks are just as important, if not more important than the actual hsc paper. What do you guys think?
Hold on, so you did badly in your school assessments, but you aced your HSC and managed to achieve a band 6? Is that right? What subject was it?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Uh, we KNOW that internal assessments are worth 50% of your total hsc.

so. theyre pretty important.

internal and exernal assessments should be given just as much effort.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Uh, we KNOW that internal assessments are worth 50% of your total hsc.

so. theyre pretty important.

internal and exernal assessments should be given just as much effort.
Yes, but I have heard people say that if you ace your HSC externals, and you didn't do too well in your internals, you can still secure yourself a good mark.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
You'd have to do, like, amazingly well.
Because the whole idea of the 50-50 was to stop clever but lazy kids doing crap all at school and in the in school assessments, but then acing the HSC in the actual HSC exams. It evened it out for the steady or not so talents kids. They too could preform just as well and not have it all hang on one exam.

blackglitter

HSC
It was IPT :)cold: *shudder*) and yeah, i was actually surprised at the result. When i got my class rankings at the end of the year i guess it was kinda a shock back into reality and i decided to work a lot harder before the hsc. It payed off :p

jessi90

HSC
School marks are only important in determining your internal rank at the end of the year, which in a way, does affect your final hsc mark.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
You'd have to do, like, amazingly well.
Because the whole idea of the 50-50 was to stop clever but lazy kids doing crap all at school and in the in school assessments, but then acing the HSC in the actual HSC exams. It evened it out for the steady or not so talents kids. They too could preform just as well and not have it all hang on one exam.
The thing is, I've done average in my school assessments, and despite my school being a high ranked school, I'm afraid my average assessment marks will pull down my UAI.

Ok, let me ask this: If I fair average for my school assessments in my school ranked about 50, and I just happen to slaughter my externals, is it possible for me to attain a uai of 90, or at least 85?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
The thing is, I've done average in my school assessments, and despite my school being a high ranked school, I'm afraid my average assessment marks will pull down my UAI.

Ok, let me ask this: If I fair average for my school assessments in my school ranked about 50, and I just happen to slaughter my externals, is it possible for me to attain a uai of 90, or at least 85?
I'm not the person to ask. Last year I guessed our dux at an 89 UAI and she pulled out a 95.something, and that was based on her internals, that fact her bf and nan had died that year, and shed missed a good three months of term 2.

So, dont ask me =d

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I'm not the person to ask. Last year I guessed our dux at an 89 UAI and she pulled out a 95.something, and that was based on her internals, that fact her bf and nan had died that year, and shed missed a good three months of term 2.

So, dont ask me =d

Your school is pretty rubbish huh?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Don't say her school is rubbish. Your school is ranked in the 50s, I could easily say that your school is rubbish as well. If I did however, I would just be an ignorant fool making blind judgements.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Your school is pretty rubbish huh?
it was ranked 464th last year.
but no, its not rubbish. i love it. wouldnt swap it for anything.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Continuum said:
Don't say her school is rubbish. Your school is ranked in the 50s, I could easily say that your school is rubbish as well. If I did however, I would just be an ignorant fool making blind judgements.
And thank you!
=]

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
Continuum said:
Mate, how is a school ranked 50 rubbish?

blackglitter

HSC
Continuum said:
+1

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
How can you know my school is rubbish just by its ranking?
You've never been to it, experienced the immense sense of family and community pride, never been in classroom with me and my friends who dominate the top five positions in every subject. You've never felt a part of what I have, a school that, when your boyfriend dies mid way through your HSC, rallies around you and your family, send their prefect body out on search parties when hes still lost at sea, brings their classes to your home so its easier on you, I could go on and on and on about how my school is anything but rubbish, but, hey, whatever.

OsamaBinLaden

Banned
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
How can you know my school is rubbish just by its ranking?
You've never been to it, experienced the immense sense of family and community pride, never been in classroom with me and my friends who dominate the top five positions in every subject. You've never felt a part of what I have, a school that, when your boyfriend dies mid way through your HSC, rallies around you and your family, send their prefect body out on search parties when hes still lost at sea, brings their classes to your home so its easier on you, I could go on and on and on about how my school is anything but rubbish, but, hey, whatever.
Ok, I take my previous statement back. Your school is rubbish in terms of ranks. Agreed?

EDIT: Pretty cool that your school is that close-knit.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Can't believe you're actually asking that. Perhaps it's because it's ranking is not the sole factor in determining whether or not a school is 'rubbish'? Perhaps it's because some people consider a school ranked below top 20 or top 10 as being 'rubbish'? Bottom line: whether a school is shit or not is subjective.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
OsamaBinLaden said:
Ok, I take my previous statement back. Your school is rubbish in terms of ranks. Agreed?
Doesn't that mean that I can say your school is rubbish in terms of ranks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)