School Rank (1 Viewer)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Ah okay awesome thankyou, the teachers at my school (which does rank top 10) keep telling my rank (which is not as high as i would have liked it to be) is fine and the school will push us up but I don't want to solely rely on it ya know :)
bruhhh thats what theyre telling us. THeyre telling us trials and crap dont matter now idk who to believe

HSCya1234567

HSC
oh that yes but even before then, look today i just made the worlds dumbest mistake on my ext 1 exam so maybe all in my feels who knows

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
they're right in that they don't matter anymore once you're done because you can't change them now, its better to just focus on the hsc and forget about trials
they would tell us before we even sat the trial exam (like literally 5 minutes before the exam "trials dont matter they're just a test")

carrotsss

HSC
they would tell us before we even sat the trial exam (like literally 5 minutes before the exam "trials dont matter they're just a test")
im guessing that they're just trying to calm down nerves but theyre sorta right in the sense that usually they're only weighted 30% of your internal, which is similar to a normal in-class test

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
im guessing that they're just trying to calm down nerves but theyre sorta right in the sense that usually they're only weighted 30% of your internal, which is similar to a normal in-class test
exactly ^^^^

HSCya1234567

HSC
no

I was trying to make a joke saying that my school's ranking helped so much with what atar I got but it flew over everyone's head (maybe execution was bad/wasn't that good)
that makes me feel better maybe it will help

Greninja340

HSC
but then this might seem dumb but whats the point of working really hard for the hsc if you get a really good mark it might be given to someone else if they ranked higher than you?
your external mark will still be whatever you get in the HSC, your internal mark, say you're 10th, would be whatever the 10th highest mark someone in your cohort gets. This is a simplification of what they actually do (Cause they look at how your internal marks were distributed, etc) but it shows basically how the system works, so you 100% should work hard for externals but also pray your cohort does well so your internal mark is good as well.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
your external mark will still be whatever you get in the HSC, your internal mark, say you're 10th, would be whatever the 10th highest mark someone in your cohort gets. This is a simplification of what they actually do (Cause they look at how your internal marks were distributed, etc) but it shows basically how the system works, so you 100% should work hard for externals but also pray your cohort does well so your internal mark is good as well.
how is your atar 98.75 with those marks?
uac atar calculator is saying 99.05.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
they use scaling stats from past 5 years and usually its really accurate.
were those your overall marks or like just external marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)