• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School stuffed your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
Bonjour, tout le monde!
First time poster, long time reader.

Alright, question.

What are ones options when the school has stuffed your own assessment task? Therefore comprising your ATAR?

We recently set our first assessment task for general maths, we were allocated 50 minutes for the whole test.
The bell rang for the end of recess, and we took about 9 minutes to get into class and 3 minutes to even get ready. (Teachers un-organisation)
The bell rang for lunch, and everyone left and we were told we were not allowed anymore time. (Even though they would have owed us 12 minutes).
I would have sat there and ignored the teacher telling me to leave if I hadn't had to have sat another assessment task for the next two and a half hours.
I did not finish. Each question was worth 2.6%. I got 65%.

I need about 90% For each course assessment (For specified ATAR) which I have maintained thus far.
I talked with the head of maths, they said they couldn't do anything about it.

What options do I have now???
Am I stuffed?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Its too late but there are more opportunities to seize so try and get the highest mark possible in other assessments. All the Best.

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
Its too late but there are more opportunities to seize so try and get the highest mark possible in other assessments. All the Best.
Well that just absolutely sucks!
I HATE the organisation of my school!

qrpw

HSC
Well, it's an internal assessment, so I suppose it doesn't matter what mark you got, but your rank. If you got 65% and everyone else stuffed up, it should be fine.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Well that just absolutely sucks!
I HATE the organisation of my school!
Short periods eh? The exams should be made in accordance to the time given to complete it so if they made the exam very long then there is fault on their side.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Well, it's an internal assessment, so I suppose it doesn't matter what mark you got, but your rank. If you got 65% and everyone else stuffed up, it should be fine.
Yes this is true and they would have to maintain a rank of top 3 for General Maths.

jessxxr

HSC
well if everyone had complained then something might of been done, because at my school, for a business assessment (in class assessment) they had a sub that day but she took 20 minutes to get everything ready for them so they all lost valuable time but all complained right away and so a new assessment had to be set for both classes, but i guess since the teachers said nothing can be done then nothing can be done unfortunately!

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
The highest was 83% =/

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
also since i guess everyone has found out their mark for that they're not going to change it now, how did you rank for it?
I got 65%, and I think it was thirteenth. (Ouchies).

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
also since i guess everyone has found out their mark for that they're not going to change it now, how did you rank for it?
I got 65%, and I think it was thirteenth. (Ouchies).

ReneeApple

HSC
The only important thing about your internal assessment is your rank. Your actual mark counts for nothing in the HSC mark calculation. If everybody had the same conditions and all did poorly and so you ranked all right you should be okay. How'd you rank?

jessxxr

HSC
seriously though, its the first assessment task, you're going to have a lot more opportunities to make this ground up, believe me, people can gain ranks just as quickly as they can lose them, lol i went from 5th in general maths then i effed up my trial and ended up 18th (lolololol) so it is possible to end up in a really good position in the long run!

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
seriously though, its the first assessment task, you're going to have a lot more opportunities to make this ground up, believe me, people can gain ranks just as quickly as they can lose them, lol i went from 5th in general maths then i effed up my trial and ended up 18th (lolololol) so it is possible to end up in a really good position in the long run!
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)
Just make sure you keep redoing HW Questions and Past Papers for General Maths and make study notes or at least combine existing notes on BoS for your other subjects.

jessxxr

HSC
Agreed, just try and do well in the ones following. Hopefully your first task doesn't go towards a huge part of your school mark. You can go a long way with concentrating in class and not slacking off :)

School ranks- http://bettereducation.com.au/SchoolRanking.aspx
yesssss this is extremely true, i started off the year really into maths but then i just really developed a hatred towards it and didn't finish exercises etc which i believe led to my downfall hahah, so keep on top of your work! you will be thankful you did when exams/ assessments hit you

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
Agreed, just try and do well in the ones following. Hopefully your first task doesn't go towards a huge part of your school mark. You can go a long way with concentrating in class and not slacking off :)
My rank is 532... 532/636
Sweet j****.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)