School stuffed your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

ReneeApple

HSC
jessxxr is right though. People can jump ranks enormously. It's only part of the weighting of your internal assessment, you'll have plenty of opportunities to catch up as long as you keep on top of your work and revise it. And then when you think about your external exams and all the other subjects you do, I doubt this will have much, if any, influence on your ATAR at all. If you're aiming for over 90s you're obviously a capable student. It's just a hiccup! :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
My rank is 532... 532/636
Sweet j****.
I am tempted to find out what school you go to. Hopefully you get over 90s, gain Band 6s and rank in the Top 5 for most subjects to hit an ATAR over 90.000 and remember that scaling also plays a part not just school ranks and your ranks/marks.

ItsBrooke

HSC
N/A
I am tempted to find out what school you go to. Hopefully you get over 90s, gain Band 6s and rank in the Top 5 for most subjects to hit an ATAR over 90.000 and remember that scaling also plays a part not just school ranks and your ranks/marks.
Well it's Denison college. In Bathurst.

pacman911

HSC
nah fuck that, same thing happened at my school, i got told the same thing.
but i complained to the KLA co-ordinator who told me to fuck off, then went to the cirriculum co-ordinator who also told me to fuck off,
and then i rang the board of studies and the catholic education office who rang the school and asked what was happening.

teachers shat bricks, i went from 75% to 95%
dont listen to anyone who tells you to make it up in another task, your hsc only comes once and you gotta get every single mark your worth

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell the subject coordinator that said they couldn't do anything that if they don't do anything you will complain to the principal, etc. If other classes had an unfair advantage it's not fair. Fuck her.

nedzelic

HSC
I'd be goin straight to your principal with many other students and demanding some sort of retribution

D94

HSC
N/A
Not knowing how many General Maths classes there are, if you are the only one, the exam was fair because everyone had the exact same amount of time, whether or not you lost 12 minutes.

ItsBrooke said:
I need about 90% For each course assessment (For specified ATAR) which I have maintained thus far.
This is not exactly true. Whether you only get 65% or 95%, you still need to perform highly in the HSC. The Board of Studies doesn't care if you get 90% at school - it means nothing to them; if you and your cohort only get around 80% for the HSC, that 90% means your assessments were easy, or your whole cohort found the HSC hard.

You could appeal for the exam to be declared null and void, so the whole cohort would have to sit another exam again. You should see the Principal about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)