schoolies is lame! (1 Viewer)

schoolies is lame

• Total voters

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
xblizzard said:
Schoolies is pretty terrible. I disagree with the way the threadmaker puts it but seriously, you arent the first people to ever finish school, its not such a big deal. I can think of a thousand better ways to spend my money. Oh, and schoolies is a bogan fest. I hate bogans
no1 could disagree with a guy with ian curtis as his avatar!!!loooololl

Gangels

HSC
grannysmith said:
'yay lets all get drunk and reflect on how crap our lives are!'

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?
Then dont do it. Does it affect you if we fuck our lives over? I think not. I know people like you at school, all they do is work and work and work and never go out. I'll go to schoolies and you can stay at home with your notebook staring at it.

kimmi06

HSC
What are people doing instead of schoolies? (If you're staying at home, don't bother replying to this post lol). I'm fair cut/upset, the people I was going with had a huge fight and now they're not going, so I've had to cancel as well. We were going to Qld, so now I'm thinking I might go to Syd or Melbourne with a few friends and just go shopping and clubbing, cause there's nothing else I can think of and everything else seems to be booked out. Any suggestions? (Good ones)... :confused:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
don't just search thru schoolies.com and don't worry if everything is booked out now. we had a few hassles with ours last yr and nearly had to find somewhere at the last minute and there were heaps of places available closer to the date anyway

xblizzard

HSC
Do something cheap, fun and something that doesnt involve the gold coast. From what ive been told its a whole bunch of 25 + guys bashing younger guys and drugging the girls. Then you have to remember that you are anything but free. I'm sure school will be alot better than work, debt, marriage, life. When youre young you get free food, clothes, presents. Fuck thinking you are free when you are letting all that go.

Gangels

HSC
Get 10 freinds, save 100 bucks each, and rent out a beach house in a small coastal town. There's no people, no cops, no thugs, and you can drink as much as you want.......or stay sober:)

G

genavania

yeah schoolies locations are kinda stupid. You can get pissed off your face anytime but there are not many times you get to say goodbye to your mates who you have been to school with for 6 years

Legham

HSC
Then dont do it. Does it affect you if we fuck our lives over? I think not. I know people like you at school, all they do is work and work and work and never go out. I'll go to schoolies and you can stay at home with your notebook staring at it.
Hey, i work a hell of a lot and pretty much never go out, but that doesn't mean people like us are all gimps like that first poster. I work all the time because my parents watch me too closely and don't let me do ANYTHING pretty much, so there isn't much else to do. I still love drinking (and similar stuff ;)) and ive still managed to go out on weekends, though very rarely.
Also, the people who do work lots are likely to have more fun when they go out cause they have loads of money they can just throw around, so there's no shortage of booze, plants or awesome meals.

Also, to the first poster: If people are have so much more fun when drinking, then they're obviously gonna wanna drink again.. But how does that make them lame?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
xblizzard said:
Do something cheap, fun and something that doesnt involve the gold coast. From what ive been told its a whole bunch of 25 + guys bashing younger guys and drugging the girls.
that's bullshit.
like yeah, obviously it's not problem free, but that's bullshit. said by someone who has actually been and gone.

kahlilouise

HSC
xblizzard said:
Schoolies is pretty terrible. I disagree with the way the threadmaker puts it but seriously, you arent the first people to ever finish school, its not such a big deal. I can think of a thousand better ways to spend my money. Oh, and schoolies is a bogan fest. I hate bogans
Have you been to schoolies? I mean, cause you finish this year (like me...)?

Gangels

HSC
Legham said:
Hey, i work a hell of a lot and pretty much never go out, but that doesn't mean people like us are all gimps like that first poster. I work all the time because my parents watch me too closely and don't let me do ANYTHING pretty much, so there isn't much else to do. I still love drinking (and similar stuff ;)) and ive still managed to go out on weekends, though very rarely.
Also, the people who do work lots are likely to have more fun when they go out cause they have loads of money they can just throw around, so there's no shortage of booze, plants or awesome meals.

Also, to the first poster: If people are have so much more fun when drinking, then they're obviously gonna wanna drink again.. But how does that make them lame?
I couldn't handle that. I have to go out, i go insane if i dont and then run round with a hack saw..............or just get bored, i haven't got the patience to work.

Legham

HSC
Maybe thats cause you go out every weekend already! If you hadn't been an every-weekend kind of person before, then how do you know what you're missing?

rebeccahansen

HSC
I am so with u there 'GO BABY'!!! Besides, u dont want people like 'Granny Smith' on schoolies!! Where bouts are u heading at the end of the year?

Monstar

HSC
lol people dont come on here to get lectured dumbarse. its like your post will have any *REAL* effect so its best to move along.

Last edited:

spaz (1 & only)

HSC
its so much effort to organise! my buddies and i talk bout it sure but none of us hav actually done any "research"/bookin etc and im sure all da good places r gone by now (besides ppl r too aware of skoolies and its reputation to let u stay at their places)

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
schoolies is tradition now who wants to break an excellent ritual of newly graduated students having a good time doing whatever they feel like because they have just completed one of the hardest things they'll ever have to do... i aint messing with tradition

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I didn't go to schoolies, some people who went said they had a ball, others said it majorly sucked.

You can go away to somewhere OTHER than the Gold Coast.. Byron Bay, Noosa, Jervis Bay... Sydney even.. Schoolies is about celebrating the end of school.. so you don't necessarily have to go away and drink yourself stupid on the Gold Coast for a week.

HSC
grannysmith said:
'yay lets all get drunk and reflect on how crap our lives are!'

wake up people if ur lives really are that bad why dont u put all that money spent on beer toward something constructive.

getting drunk is a weak and unimaginative copout which doesnt produce any positive outcomes other than a false sense of wellbeing.

who agrees?
does ne1 think this guy is lame????
so we hav a bit of fun for those who hav money y not i hav done everythin i want to do atm. U dont hav to get drunk. wat happens to those ppl who r under 18?? (not like that will stop em but meh)

r u goin on schoolies?? if so ur a hypocric
if not ur missin the party of a lifetime
catch ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)