Schools defend right to expel gays (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
What those priests did is against the teachings of the church and breaks the fundamental commandment "love thy neighbour".
naw pope says its ok. if its not ok why the cover up? think about it.

Garygaz

HSC
christians saying that child abuse has nothing to do with their religion and practices is the same as muslims claiming that terrorism has nothing to do with theirs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Catholics saying that child abuse has nothing to do with their religion and practices is the same as muslims claiming that terrorism has nothing to do with theirs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ftfy

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
christians saying that child abuse has nothing to do with their religion and practices is the same as muslims claiming that terrorism has nothing to do with theirs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol, i love this guy (no homo mate)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would child abuse be a part of a Catholics practices and religion ?

deloving

HSC

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dunno if I should laugh or cry at the stupidity of this post

Garygaz

HSC
dunno if I should laugh or cry at the stupidity of this post

dunno how to reply to the lack of substance in this high horse of a post. my guess is you be a mad Christian fundie.

deloving

HSC
dunno how to reply to the lack of substance in this high horse of a post. my guess is you be a mad Christian fundie.
Whether I'm Christian or not has no relevance to your astounding ignorance.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
you people are f*cking ridiculous, you do know those priests who abused children are CATHOLICS right?

deloving

HSC
If a priest abuses a child is it because they are a catholic priest? As funny as you can try to be, is that really what you all automatically assume?

I'm fairly certain she's a Muslim
Not sure where you got that assumption from. But ok. Sure.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
There's a saying in Afghanistan: women are for babies, boys are for pleasure.

The Catholic Church is essentially the Afghanistan of the Christian world.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
If a priest abuses a child is it because they are a catholic priest? As funny as you can try to be, is that really what you all automatically assume?
You don't really hear any cases of boy loving from other mainstream protestant sects now do you. sure there are some cultish fringe sects like the branch davidians and what not. A lot of the abuse (i believe) come from the fact that priests aren't allowed to have relationships, thus they push their sexual frustrations on the people they work with (eg altar boys).

Catholic church has done A LOT to cover up sexual abuse cases and moved priests around in order to avoid prosecution. Hopefully the new pope would change things. People in the organization done fucked up is one thing, but trying to actively covering it up is another.

Garygaz

HSC
yep, by having policies in place that essentially force their priests/hierarchy to live a life of abstinence, many of these men have decades of bent up sexual frustration and then turn into a sexual predator on the easiest targets they can. besides all the problems the church caused in africa by refusing condoms, the same goes for blindly refusing to believe that priests are just like every other person on the planet and experience strong sexual urges. also never mind the fact that the vatican is currently housing multiple priests who are wanted by multiple countries over sexual assaults from decades past. this is an institution you think is worth defending?

even if you want to cling to the 'oh well their actions have nothing to do with the fact that they are priests', you still have to reconcile with the fact that priests, as an industry, have the highest rates of sexual assaults on children of any profession in the country. but catholics just don't want to hear any of it, the church of jesus christ as the biggest thinly veiled curtain for a network of child molesters and abusers in the western world. that just doesn't get people out of bed on sundays to church, does it?

after the royal commission is complete in a decade or so, church attendance numbers are going to take another massive hit - should be exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)