Schools defend right to expel gays (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
''We couldn't agree to the exemptions being removed unless we could be assured that there's an alternative way of guaranteeing freedom of religion, which is an internationally recognised human right.''

Is this fuckwit for real? The government should just come out and say if you discriminate against children based on their sexuality, you will be completely cut off from government funding. Make it real simple for this half brained ape.

Emily Howard

HSC
hahahahahahaha dats so fukd

townie y rnt u campaigning fo u fellow h0mos?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
can someone tell me why this is wrong? I personally went to a christian school, and if you don't share the same values as the rest of us, why is there a need to be there? or more importantly, why would you want to be in a school like mine (or any other religious school for that matter), if you are just there to oppose the teachers, students and everyone else around you?

anyway, the school (well my school) is there in first place is for children to receive education in a christian environment, and allowing such behaviour defeats the values and principles of my school, it may as well be just a regular high school

albertcamus

HSC
can someone tell me why this is wrong? I personally went to a christian school, and if you don't share the same values as the rest of us, why is there a need to be there? or more importantly, why would you want to be in a school like mine (or any other religious school for that matter), if you are just there to oppose the teachers, students and everyone else around you?

anyway, the school (well my school) is there in first place is for children to receive education in a christian environment, and allowing such behaviour defeats the values and principles of my school, it may as well be just a regular high school
Strong Hills District Bible Belter/10

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure most private schools won't expel someone just because they are gay.If the bill passes these schools could easily find/make up other reasons to expel the students.

Emily Howard

HSC
so i googled is he Pacific Hills or Marion College or Gilroy (?) College?

dere was a pacific hillser in my course n holy fuck dat guy wld not such up bout religion

m8 u forget dat mummies n daddies send dere kids to private schools bcos dey dink dere kids gonna get better ATAR/education

we shld b like scandinavia n fukin remove religion from schools etc

Last edited by a moderator:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, I think religious or private schools should only get a very limited amount of government funding. Anyway, I think it's ridiculous that "religious freedom" would allow removal of gays from certain schools - I don't think schools should be allowed to expel gays.

I wouldn't ever choose to go to a religious school anyway.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't have a problem if faith based schools want to continue discrimination but if they do then they should not receive money from government. It's pretty simple.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

maybe because the facilities it has and it's educational standard makes it a good option, particularly if it's a head above the other schools in the area. People don't necessarily go to religious schools because they are religious or agree with every religious value it espouses

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
It's a little bit outrageous that private schools receive government funding yet do not have to follow statutory law because of "religious freedom". I know that's a right protected under the Constitution, but when it starts to interfere with basic human rights then it suggests a moral decision to end the discrimination and exclusion should be made. This isn't just regarding expulsion, but also, as the article points out, the fact that the school also does not have to do anything regarding any bullying and other forms of discrimination homosexual students might face. If anything, that sounds like gross neglect given the tragic records of the effects of bullying on students. But if that's the way they want to run their schools then they should receive funding elsewhere. Promoting discrimination simply shouldn't be government funded.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I don't have a problem if faith based schools want to continue discrimination but if they do then they should not receive money from government. It's pretty simple.
this

"'religious' schools only exist as a means of teaching faith based values to students and nothing else ever"

pHyRe

HSC
It's a little bit outrageous that private schools receive more government funding than public schools and yet do not have to follow statutory law because of "religious freedom".
....they don't.

Emily Howard

HSC
they receive more gov funding per head m8 den gov schools

Magical Kebab

HSC
They should receive minimal funding regardless.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
....they don't.
You are right. That was something ingrained in me by my peers during high school that I never followed up. Sorry.

But my point is still perfectly valid.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Gays are inhumane.
They jeopardize the education of other children in our schools. They think they deserve all the rights in the world.
20 years ago a gay wouldn't DARE oppose laws rejecting them.
Nowadays, they think that now they can BEAT all us straights, and slowly but gather in MASS numbers to conquer the world.
I hate gays.
I do not want to hear any more bullshit of these people, threatening the laws of civilized society. I do not want them to think it is right to act so impatiently & rudely, moreover - It is clearly WRONG to be GAY.
Just cause they've got Ellen De Genres doesn't make them invincible.
Terrible, utterly disgraceful nuisance to society. I find it amusing and rude that they are attempting to overrule the certain expectations of modern society.
This is my view/opinion of gays. Please, do not take this personally if you are gay. I repeat, this is my opinion on them. I will not feel offended at any comments criticizing my belief. Everyone has their say, I had mines. Please feel free to have your say and it will be my pleasure if any of you have any contradicting views.
=P
What has this world come to?
All of humanity, regardless of their sexual orientation deserve the right to be treated fairly. Furthermore, gays do not want to conquer the world and do not jeopardize the education of others. In fact, it enhances the education of children in relation to our multicultural society in especially in the areas of diversity and tolerance.

How is it wrong to be GAY? Under what basis are you make that judgement?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Most children wouldn't usually be aware of their own sexuality when they first enrolled in high school. If they have to leave the school half way through high school, it basically wrecks all their friendships, and significantly disrupts their education.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
religious freedom does not mean freedom to persecute, ostracize or commit any form of discrimination to a member of a community.

and its fucked up to make a kid feel ashamed for the way god made him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)