• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schools preventing students to drop? (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
My freind goes 2 a school were they are not allowing them to drop any subject until next year.
the reason is something on the lines of " in past years people just bludged blablaablabla"
are schools allowed to do this?
i always though that once you got into yr 12 you had the right to drop a subject ...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, pretty sure they aren't allowed to do that.

SophxMusic

HSC
It may not seem right, but even at our school we can't drop till like week 4 because of the paperwork... I'd say it is so that people don't rush to drop to 10 units then regret it later, by making them stay a term it might change people's minds.
Maybe not the best thing to do, but I don't think that there's a rule saying they have to let you drop this year... If they were stopping you dropping next year, well, that's a different story...

SophxMusic

HSC
Just an update, today our school said to us that it is strongly recommended that we keep 12 units until the half yearlies.... Only certain people (I.e. me, with a fairly big workload) are allowed to drop now

HSC
Uni Grad
I know about end of week three or four of term 4 we were allowed to drop right there and then. I kinda wished that we kept it till half yearlies then dropped cause I kinda regretted dropping Modern.

enak101

HSC
We were told today that we had to wait to week 5 to drop a subject since they had to interview all the kids who were unsatisfactory with different subjects. (terrible school lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)