• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Schools to introduce security ID cards for kids (2 Viewers)

overwhelming

Compulsory leave passes will be introduced at high schools from the start of the school year this week in a dramatic move to crack down on truancy, which is running at 7700 a day.

The laminated security passes will be issued to students who need time out from school for a doctor's appointment, to attend a TAFE course or some other legitimate reason for their absence.

omg is this the end of jigging for students? :|

link

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we'll find out way out of it for sure! laminated cards..pfft..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ummmm simple, only jig the last periods

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
our school has had those compulsory leave passes since ages... you need a sheet of paper from the fofice syaing you can go so they can unlock the gate for you to leave. :p

:rofl: laminated cards.. ahahaa

overwhelming

but these are for all schools. The same for all schools. It is sort of like a license.

Apparently the government reckons there are 90 officers accompanied with police who patrol "entertainment centres, internet cafes and shopping malls"

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by overwhelming
but these are for all schools. The same for all schools. It is sort of like a license.

Apparently the government reckons there are 90 officers accompanied with police who patrol "entertainment centres, internet cafes and shopping malls"
Even easier, take a spare set of clothes get changed after you leave school and before you go back, if they ask just say you are a drop out. Hmm 90 officers dam looks like they cant get one to Albury

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Hmm, my last school introduced a new method - well they still used the yr 7's/8's going around classes collecting names of students who were absent - only semester 2 of my last yr there -started using some kind of computer based program where absent names were entered and the assistant principal could have access to these names immediately. Worked well, a lot people got "busted" from what I heard.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
our school has had those compulsory leave passes since ages... you need a sheet of paper from the fofice syaing you can go so they can unlock the gate for you to leave. :p

same with our school

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by alby
my question....are they actually going to work? and what if you lose your card?
well theres bound to be people who will lose them, and there will be holes in the system. i remeber with my old school's system, we could (year 11s) could uses "senior signout" to sign out of sport and go home. the odd one person got caught, because it was what we were doing, signing out as seniors. i got away with it :D:D

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
BAHAHAHAHA OMG BIGGEST waste of money ever!!!

Hmmm well i can still get out and go home since i live like a 10 minute walk away. hmmm

and what if you just change clothes, are they going to go up to ever 13-18 year old looking person tap them on the shoulder and say "are you meant to be at school" and when they don't have the card or won't tell them what school they go to (beacuse they may not go to school) take them down the cop shop and call their parents.

Oh dear this is... whats the word... stupid?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah our school does what someone said above about 5 perido they go around yr 7 and 8 and get the name of ppl who arent theree4

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
We have had these at our school for ages ... not that I go anymore. But the problem is that seniors tend to finish early cause of their timetable, and therefore it would never work.

There were times on my timetable that I would start school at 2pm or finish school at 10am.

I don't see how its gonna work.

overwhelming

I guess they are just going to ask every student out of school during 9-3pm for ID + explanation??

Like how are they going to know that a student has a free period??

Are they going to ring up the school for every circumstance?

lol.. sounds pretty flawed if you ask me.

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh

haha are you locked in your school?? :rofl:

overwhelming

ahhaaahahahahh "locked in the school"

hahahah that is pretty damn drastic.

Our school has like 4 ways to leave.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
heh. i love their empty threats. as if the police want to ask every kid who is sick or has a free period if they need a ride back to school...
what a productive use of resources. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)