science sucks at uni (1 Viewer)

bananaslug

HSC
as well as not being able to bullshit in chem/math..whereas in comm subjects..go ahead..and did i mention the massive content..haha. science is ok..u have to like it to stick with it

crystal_meth_au

HSC
am i the only one here who thinks that if you dont like maths/chemistry/physiology you SHOULD NOT!!! even think about a science degree....and as for 3 hour pracs ( o lord three hours of application) think about it, when you graduate chances are you'll be spending up to 8 hours in a lab on a regular basis, and if your doing medsci(pathology) like myself then you may as well move into a lab when you finish.
:rolleyes:
Bsci degree's spend more hours at university because THERE HARD!! thats the point and even then you dont spend THAT much time there, Uni is supposed to be harder then school, if your doing things right then chances are you have much much less free time then you did in high school.

sorry for the tone i just wouldnt want people getting into a degree and getting half way through term 1 then finding out perhaps they where more suited to an easier degree. :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sorry for the tone i just wouldnt want people getting into a degree and getting half way through term 1 then finding out perhaps they where more suited to an easier degree.
Because, after all, life is all about doing things based on what others tell you, especially when it comes to university. And heaven forbid the poor sod who tries a degree for a year because it seemed fairly reasonable at the time. If you don't like the degree after a year, you're screwed, because that year wasn't at all character building, you didn't learn anything whatsoever, you can't transfer or anything, and you most certainly didn't make any friends.

Sometimes you just have to go with what limited information you have and hope for the best, especially when the "worst" is actually not so bad.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Because, after all, life is all about doing things based on what others tell you, especially when it comes to university. And heaven forbid the poor sod who tries a degree for a year because it seemed fairly reasonable at the time. If you don't like the degree after a year, you're screwed, because that year wasn't at all character building, you didn't learn anything whatsoever, you can't transfer or anything, and you most certainly didn't make any friends.

Sometimes you just have to go with what limited information you have and hope for the best, especially when the "worst" is actually not so bad.

you havnt even been to uni yet? am i right?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Oh boo hoo. I have a 3 hour history lecture next semester.

I would much prefer a 3 hour lab as I would actually have freedom to move somewhat.

crystal_meth_au

HSC
haha im with you, 3 hour heamatology lectures..always fun.

and trust me there are cheaper and more productive 'character building' things you can do then rack up a few grand on your hecs bill.

and o yes as for the poor people who tried a SCIENCE degree thinking it was "fairly reasonable " not to expect that you might jsut have to spend what..3 hours in a lab per subject per week, im probably mistaken but i really doubt they'd like it, or hack it......and every person in every degree knows the people im talking about..there gone by the end of first year with only a debt to cover.

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I couldn't stand to be in the same room as a cadaver, let alone play doctor with one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)