• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scientia scholarships (1 Viewer)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I just take it to be a mid-D average.

Btw. you got your mentor already flamearrows? Hmm, I still haven't heard anything :p - I wonder if we all get the same mentor (??)

c_james - I presume you're going to USyd?
Yep. I'm required to maintain a distinction average too, but I don't get any of the UNSW perks like a mentor or anything.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
c_james said:
Yep. I'm required to maintain a distinction average too, but I don't get any of the UNSW perks like a mentor or anything.
Ah ic.
What are you going to study at USyd this year?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Ah ic.
What are you going to study at USyd this year?
Arts/Law. For the Arts component I'm taking on history and philosophy units (I figure a lot of law is philosophical, so the two will intertwine).

And, would you believe, USyd gave us our first assignment on the day of our enrolment, involving 4-6 hours (!) of court observation :eek:.

stamos

sellout
HSC
er they do that every year

i reckon it's a mad idea, assuming they give you some pointers in the assignment handout

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Btw. flamearrows, did you get that e-mail through your personal e-mail or Unimail?
They were all sent to personal emails - I checked the cc'ed list.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
flamearrows said:
They were all sent to personal emails - I checked the cc'ed list.
Hmm...well, I haven't received one yet :p
Just a favour: do you reckon you could check for xtracta@hotmail.com in the cc: list? That's my personal e-mai.

Btw. how many people were on the list? I'm guessing that's the number of Scientia scholars there are (unless half get one mentor, and the other half get another)

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
-

Is the full cc'ed list, so I'd check your junk mail if I were you. Everyone gets their own mentor :) You get to meet them on thursday of O-Week

Last edited by a moderator:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
flamearrows said:
-

Is the full cc'ed list, so I'd check your junk mail if I were you. Everyone gets their own mentor :) You get to meet them on thursday of O-Week
Hmm...well, my email is there (xtracta@hotmail.com), so I wonder why I didn't get the e-mail :confused: I've turned my junk mail filter off, so I should've got it I suppose.

If this is a cc: list, I suppose the e-mail would be generic. Do you reckon you could forward it to me flamearrows?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
they should've BCC'ed and not CC'ed you.

that's very bad privacy decorum.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Frigid said:
they should've BCC'ed and not CC'ed you.

that's very bad privacy decorum.
Quite right. Which is why I thought that it was no different to post it; otherwise I would have just confirmed/denied.

@rench - no, the email wasn't entirely general. There was several attachments including an acceptance of the scholarship, your mentor and information on the meet the mentor day (to which you were expected to RSVP today). I'll forward it wholesale anyway, k?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Thanks for the e-mail flamearrows :)

I had a look through the attachments in the e-mail...I RSVPed the Meet the Mentor meeting by leaving a message at 7:30pm, so technically I'm still on time :p - hopefully they get it.

As for the mentor: I get the impression that we all have Tony Dooley as a mentor (despite the message saying otherwise) since the same message/attachments were sent to every e-mail address. Afaik, you can't send a generic message to 30 recipients and attach a set of documents for 15, and a different set for the other 15. Maybe
Tony Dooley's the "head" mentor and then we each get an individual mentor whom we meet Thursday ... :confused:

sunny

meh.
HSC
You guys can discuss the CC list on PM instead :)

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
sunny said:
You guys can discuss the CC list on PM instead :)
Hehe. Fair enough.

Dooley is president of the academic board & heading the scientia thingamy. Hence my increduality that I'd wound up with him as a mentor, especially considering the degree I'm doing [he's a prof. of maths].

All very weird. Someone call the scholarship office.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Ok, no probs Sunny.

Well, I'll probably contact the Scholarships office on Monday morning and try to suss out what's happening (both in terms of my lost e-mail and who exactly our mentors are).

Btw. lol @ the biography/photo that's going to be on the website :p.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Btw. are we allowed to begin varying our subject enrolments beginning Year 1 S1? That'd be handy, although most classes are full now. Coz I notice, flamearrows, that you chose Capital Markets and Business Finance instead of the Accounting subjects this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)