• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scientology tries to send 15 year old to gaol for calling it a cult (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Quite disgusting, really... by any stretch of the word, Scientology is clearly a cult. Moreover, a high court judge ruled that it was a cult back in 1984 (rather ironic date given the Orwellian tone of the UK today):

"A 15-year-old in the UK is facing prosecution for using the word 'cult' to describe the Church of Scientology at an anti-Scientology demonstration in London earlier this month. According to the City of London police at the scene, the teen was violating the Public Order Act, which 'prohibits signs which have representations or words which are threatening, abusive or insulting.'
Source: http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/05/21/0037212.shtml

More here: http://forums.enturbulation.org/15-...d-cult-cult-megathread-news-reports-op-13461/

What I find funny is Scientology's belief that we all have the ghosts of radioactive aliens in us (killed by space Hitler), which is what causes all the bad stuff in the world. These aliens invented Christianity, houses and Boeing 747's (AKA giant space planes to them) apparently.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Quite disgusting, really... by any stretch of the word, Scientology is clearly a cult. Moreover, a high court judge ruled that it was a cult back in 1984 (rather ironic date given the Orwellian tone of the UK today):

Source: http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/05/21/0037212.shtml

More here: http://forums.enturbulation.org/15-breaking-news/eng-called-cult-cult-megathread-news-reports-op-13461/

What I find funny is Scientology's belief that we all have the ghosts of radioactive aliens in us (killed by space Hitler), which is what causes all the bad stuff in the world. These aliens invented Christianity, houses and Boeing 747's (AKA giant space planes to them) apparently.
I wonder how they'd feel when they see all the Scientology related threads on this forum....they'll declare their form of holy war on us all :D

But imo, Scientology is just a bloody old cult really.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Lol, scientology is the dumbest thing i've heard of. The people who believe in scientology are the same people who try to dry their cats by microwaving them.

HSC
foram said:
Lol, scientology is the dumbest thing i've heard of. The people who believe in scientology are the same people who try to dry their cats by microwaving them.
roflol.

yeah it is disgraceful.
scientology needs an anvil dropped on it.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
foram said:
So True! Tom Cruise does that!

BamBam90

HSC
Wow. That's a bit...stupid. No wait...it's heaps stupid.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Just converted today.

All I had to do was sign a form that asked me to give my bank details, savings account details, tax file number and many other financial documents, a lot of paperwork to do in case someone wants to consider joining Scientology but it's worth it.

Though I didn't get to meet our Messiah Tom Cruise, at least I was given a free pen!! woot woot! :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
wuddie said:
really sounds like communism. be with us or be against us.
This is the worst post in this thread, the analogy you drew is idiotic.

JonnoisBored

HSC
http://exscientologykids.com/ot3.html
The OTIII Materials are the stuff Scientologists study when they at a higher level or have been studying the religion for years, its kind of supposedly the path to "self-enlightenment".

Once people actually read all the crap about aliens in it, they have spent so many years and so much money in this religion (even convincing family members to join) that they continue on without questioning it or arguing against it.

You arent allowed to speak of the OTIII Materials to anyone, and if you did the very people you converted (even your own family and friends) would be forced to ostracize you by the Church of Scientology, its kinda screwed up.

The site above was created by people who grew up in the religion, and disagreed with it, so eventually got out.
In the OT3 materials basically say that 75 million years ago, an evil being named Xenu decided to solve a population problem on his galactic colony by exiling a bunch of people to Earth. Xenu then did a ton of horrible things to these people, like drugging them, placing their bodies around a volcano, and blowing them up with H-bombs. But that really only took care of the physical problem - Xenu didn't just want the bodies gone, he wanted to make sure the 'thetans' (spirits / souls) of those people didn't come back and reincarnate on his colony. So when the souls started leaving the bodies, he captured the souls and forced them into a huge implant station that was kind of like a movie theatre. There, he made them watch movies that 'implanted' them with false pictures of Christ, and other historical events that Hubbard says didn't actually happen.
The souls were so screwed up from this implanting that they roamed aimlessly around Earth for millions of years. When human beings started evolving, the thetans started entering their bodies and inhabiting them, and thus these thetans are called 'body thetans'. And body thetans, says Hubbard, are the source of all human misery.
But that's just the theory portion of OT3. The practical portion of OT3 involves getting rid of these body thetans. The PC uses the Emeter to locate body thetans that are stuck to his body, and talk to them, auditing them until they blow (go away).
All subsequent OT levels after OT3 also deal with body thetans.

JonnoisBored

HSC
trendoid83862 said:
it's jail not gaol. ya convict.
Gaol = English
Jail = Americanised

If speaking in the english language makes you a convict, i suppose a large majority of people are convicts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)