Screw up? Is it possible to appeal? (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
Hi

i just screwed up an assessment, by in the exam I missed a question which was worth a lot of marks. I didn't know that the question was there. Is it possible to appeal?

Thanks

spence

HSC
I'm pretty sure an appeal on the basis of you not reading the exam properly won't be successful

Deathless

HSC
Oh. I didn't know -_- i thought it'd be in the usual format! DAMNIT.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hi

i just screwed up an assessment, by in the exam I missed a question which was worth a lot of marks. I didn't know that the question was there. Is it possible to appeal?

Thanks
Unfortunately for you not reading the paper through completely and therefore doing what was necessary isn't grounds for an appeal.
'Usual' format is not an excuse as the BOS makes it clear that they can and do change the format and style of questions from year to year so long as those questions meet the stated guidelines in the syllabus. Thus if a school doesn't follow the 'usual' format you are being better prepared for the final HSC but it still isn't grounds for an appeal.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm assuming this is an internal school assessment, in which case if your teacher is really lenient they might let you do something about it, but otherwise you have no recourse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)