Screwed for Umat, plz help!! (1 Viewer)

msomana

HSC
WOAH A GLEAMING REPORT from some doctor who we do not have contact with to verify this claim, nor even have any proof exists. How easy is it to forge this stuff?!

Where's the "names have been changed to protect privacy"?

Whereas, I know, from asking loads of people in my cohort, that the majority did NOT do a prep course, only a fraction of those who did did Icarus and Medentry, and many who did said it was rubbish.

Woozy - quite a reasonable observation - from this, it can also be drawn that "Marinababy" may have failed to get in and not necessarily because she did the Medentry prep course; clearly the link is jumping to conclusions. Every year the prep courses take hundreds of lambs to the slaughter...

Bacilli - I still hate your guts, but well done for trying to save any future readers from wasting $400 on a prep course.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
msomana said:
WOAH A GLEAMING REPORT from some doctor who we do not have contact with to verify this claim, nor even have any proof exists. How easy is it to forge this stuff?!

Where's the "names have been changed to protect privacy"?

Whereas, I know, from asking loads of people in my cohort, that the majority did NOT do a prep course, only a fraction of those who did did Icarus and Medentry, and many who did said it was rubbish.

Woozy - quite a reasonable observation - from this, it can also be drawn that "Marinababy" may have failed to get in and not necessarily because she did the Medentry prep course; clearly the link is jumping to conclusions. Every year the prep courses take hundreds of lambs to the slaughter...

Bacilli - I still hate your guts, but well done for trying to save any future readers from wasting $400 on a prep course.
But she is blamming it for her own misfortune and calling it missed-entry and i told her to stop in another thread

msomana

HSC
I know, my observation exactly. I'm pretty sure Medentry and Icarus "place" approximately the same amount of people in med as each other and neither of them places as many as those who didn't do any prep course...

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Ed Boyapati is sure full of it hey?

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp

http://imed.ecfmg.org/results.asp?country=930&school=VANUATU+COLLEGE+OF+MEDICINE&currpage=1&cname=VANUATU&city=&region=OC&rname=Oceania%2FPacific+Islands&psize=25

I reckon missed entry con days will stop after the court results so we still wait bacilli - are you a missed entry spy?

M
Bacilli said:
Well, I believe Sandy's concerned, and Mary felt annoyed during the conversation?
The questions are relevant. Personally, I didn't sit the UMAT, but I have tons of questions from Medentry, NIE and AMEPP, and these particular questions you posted are similar in style to other company offerings.

http://medentry.com.au/news.asp#26
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/teens-warned-on-medical-courses/2007/05/25/1179601670582.html

Season

HSC
Marinababy if you're trying to convince us that you don't work for Dallas then you're doing a really piss poor job at it.

azura.romeo

HSC
N/A
i signed up for dallas's champions choice in 2004 and felt like it burnt a hole in my pocket but in the end he got me through and i am currently doing medicine now thx to him, so i would request him but if you don't want him doin't get him,
but i can surely say that without his day one seminar i would have walked into the umat blindfolded

Azura

msomana

HSC
And which university are you doing medicine at, might I ask, and what year?

I have contacts at every single undergrad med course in Australia to verify you exist...

And why would you have walked into the umat blindfolded if ACER has practice questions?

Preity

HSC
^ Yeah, good point there msomana

And Azura, was it just because of Dallas' seminar that you felt you weren't ''blindfolded''? Or was the entire package actually worthwhile?

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Never sat the UMAT before -you seem to know little about it and expect acers practice questions to do it?
Please give it a rest - credibility suffering and what is your name and contact details please as i have contatcs at every 7/11 store aust wide.

sheesh - please - please - are you really a missed entry stooge - just speak up and move on - hey? - there you go - well done

for gods sake - give it a rest

M

msomana said:
And which university are you doing medicine at, might I ask, and what year?

I have contacts at every single undergrad med course in Australia to verify you exist...

And why would you have walked into the umat blindfolded if ACER has practice questions?

msomana

HSC
Never sat the Umat before? Heh, wait, perhaps read what my degree is in the sig?

Not satisfied? How about I GOT INTERVIEWS EVERYWHERE with 205 raw... which is better than can be said for the vast majority of Icarus AND MedEntry's candidature.

Remember my stance is that ALL prep courses suck - and, even if I had done said "missed entry", I clearly haven't missed, have I?

There isn't anyone else backing you up here. GTFO.

azura.romeo

HSC
N/A
Man chill out, i'm just saying what i feel cause u know this is a forum, im not saying go straight out and buy his product just that he really helped me and that is true, if u don't wnat him the don't enrol but if you want to get it and are willing to pay a bit more then you should go and sign up for icarus. otherwise just do what ever you feel is nesscary

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
No wonder you went well - you did the icarus you said so yourself according to earlier posts? alo - allo? no wonder you did well - time to fess up

M

msomana said:
Never sat the Umat before? Heh, wait, perhaps read what my degree is in the sig?

Not satisfied? How about I GOT INTERVIEWS EVERYWHERE with 205 raw... which is better than can be said for the vast majority of Icarus AND MedEntry's candidature.

Remember my stance is that ALL prep courses suck - and, even if I had done said "missed entry", I clearly haven't missed, have I?

There isn't anyone else backing you up here. GTFO.

msomana

HSC
Didn't do jack, I'd been doing speed reading since year 2 and Mensa books since god knows when.

I also know a few people who share this sentiment. Why the heck would you pay $400 for something you could get from the acer booklets and from a few $5 books?

kloudsurfer

HSC
Marinababy said:
sheesh - please - please - are you really a missed entry stooge - just speak up and move on - hey? - there you go - well done

for gods sake - give it a rest

M
Hipocrisy much?

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Now that ive graduated from med school i can "honestly" say they didnt do jack there - i did it all by myself - im a self made docta - look at meeeee - not all bad - mensa books are helpful - been playing with them for years myself - dont you dislike people who never give credit to their teachers - they somehow achieve everything "by themselves" - maybe even their conception - ahahahah

please - please - please - go and read some med books and become a docta - you can dodge the fees

M

msomana said:
Didn't do jack, I'd been doing speed reading since year 2 and Mensa books since god knows when.

I also know a few people who share this sentiment. Why the heck would you pay $400 for something you could get from the acer booklets and from a few $5 books?

msomana

HSC
and please go to VCM so we never have to see you in the hospitals in Australia.

Believe it or not, most med schools (including the one I attend) ARE self-directed learning. If I'm not a "self made" doctor by the time I get my speciality, I have no idea what I'll be.

In addition, from doing said course, IT'S NO DIFFERENT from the acer booklets and the $5 mensa books SO DON'T BUY IT - a message to all those potential buyers out there that Marinababy is trying to advertise to. The teacher I will give credit to in this case would be the teacher that made me learn speed reading in year 2 to year 6. Thanks so much, I would have never made it without you.

Meanwhile, a course like icarus did nothing but make me realise I was ready already, ages before. no way would I pay $400 for a piece of **** like that. Thanks Dallas for teaching me WHAT I ALREADY KNEW. I sat near the front and Dallas spent AGES coaching a couple of people on the other side of the room who took forever to figure out the practice questions he put up, while completely ignoring the rest of us. His questions were easier than the Mensa questions. Like, why would you pay $400 for that? I have no idea.

And thanks Marinababy for discouraging another year's cohort from doing icarus and saving them $400+ in fees they don't need to pay to get into med school. though that clearly isn't your intention, that's definitely how it's turning out on BoS I'd say...

Skater_bum

HSC
the only thing that fucked me up was the amount of time allocated , it felt so fast.

freshair

HSC
N/A
I personally dont think that it makes a diff if dallas' ppl talk in praise of him in this thread; they better listen to the criticism afterall!!
I did the icarus course in 07.. anddd i haaaated dallas.... he seemed like a money snatching magnet.. thats all
icarus had shtewpidd material, no use at all.

if you want to pick a prep course, i wouldnt recommend icarus, only because , they prepare you for something completely random, which was abolished from the umat model.. esp sec 2, and when u go to sit the umat.. u will be shell-shocked about everything.. and whatever IQ you have... will be in the bin with the rotten apple cores, as everything kuffufles and u stuff ur umat... (hehe.. i sound quite anti-icarus dont i??? )

My theory for people who are going to sit the umat (hey.. im only suggesting ok?) :
do those IQ books (daily/frequently), improve your speed reading (this is quite imp) that should carry you through atleast 65% of the sudents sitting the umat... then mayb try a course like medentry and get specific information about the umat :)

so all the future med ppl .... chill and stay happy.. and dont forget to breathe 'fresh air' :D

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)