Screwed up my drama essay. (1 Viewer)

WesternSky

HSC
Had it all in my head and was not able to put it down on paper!!

:angryfire: :spzz:

Hopefully my class performance and script was good enough to get into a band 5-6.

HSC
Uni Grad
I did okay, not outstanding but okay. But I should of add more stuff to it especially for Ruby Moon.
Found Verbatim Theatre question great too. ^.^
But yes, I hope my performance for IP & Group gets a great score.

VirtyDear

HSC
I feel as though I aced my Black Comedy question but I'm not too confident about my Contemporary Australian Theatre response >_<

kayric

HSC
I feel pretty confident towards my Australian theatre question, however I'm not too sure about approaches to acting for Lecoq and Meyerhold. Is anyone sure of the balance that you should have in regards to referring to the texts and your own practical experience?

VirtyDear

HSC
I feel pretty confident towards my Australian theatre question, however I'm not too sure about approaches to acting for Lecoq and Meyerhold. Is anyone sure of the balance that you should have in regards to referring to the texts and your own practical experience?
I'd say somewhere between 25-50% about your own practical experience.

kayric

HSC
I'd say somewhere between 25-50% about your own practical experience.
Ok good, I definitely managed that. Although I'm concerned about the fact that I didn't specifically name the texts, which was pretty retarded on my behalf. While it was obvious that the content I was referring was clearly connected to the texts, I'm worried it may have a detrimental effect on my mark :s

VirtyDear

HSC
Ok good, I definitely managed that. Although I'm concerned about the fact that I didn't specifically name the texts, which was pretty retarded on my behalf. While it was obvious that the content I was referring was clearly connected to the texts, I'm worried it may have a detrimental effect on my mark :s
Well I wish you luck!
And I would hope doesn't effect your mark D:
I got into the habit of listing the texts in the first paragraph with my intro so I didn't forget them and depending on how much time I had left, in the conclusion.

WesternSky

HSC
The questions were great, I just couldn't find it in me to put it down properly, when I had studied both carefully but fingerscrossed. Best of luck!

becca12

HSC
i didn't finish my conclusion :( I had to stop mid-sentence lol I can picture the HSC markers sitting around trying to figure out what I was saying

WesternSky

HSC
I did mine about a girl suffering in terms to finding herself. It starts of with her mother dying, she gets foster parents who don't really accept her, and allow her to be herself, she hides her feelings to herself, and as she grows older becomes distance from her brother who told her to forget about her mother...when she gets into high school she has friends who talk behind her back...only one seems to support her, during the time that they make rumours about her, audience reads the room (She uses a knife to make pain in her arm as blood falls to the ground) during her friends saying rumours about her which she doesn't speak about until her only friend the loyal friend talks to her but then she leaves unexpectedly, at first she thinks it's because of her, but her "Friends" tell her that she left to another school. During the shock she blurts out her love for her friend (Twist for the story) they find out her she is gay. The girl then has no friends after they reject her...but the story ends with a reunion to the school she grew up with which she goes back to with her girlfriend. They face her friends which she as afraid of doing, and they are sorry for how they acted in highschool, it turns out her friends who were a girl and a boy, married each other and so they reunited and let go of past mistakes. The girl and her girlfriend were able to get through emotional state and all that, and she was finally accepted. Her girlfriend also proposes in her school, although since Australia doesn't believe in gay marriage, they make it a long term engagement which she agrees to.

Very long dramatic story :).

Last edited:

WesternSky

HSC
she" is gay.
She does the cutting while her friends are speaking behind her back.

WesternSky

HSC
Obviously not with that many spelling mistakes, it's hard to write everything down, I spent so much time editing the story, but I wanted to do it about self harm, gay marriage, and not being accepted, because those are stories I'm really passionate in, as a straight person I've had to listen to friends of mine talk about not wanting to go on or harming themselves because they weren't accepted whether they were gay or just not able to fit in, and it meant a lot for me to do that, since those are relevant issues and also I admired them for putting up with the hate.

VirtyDear

HSC
That sounds really good! Ahh I hope you do well! ^^

i didn't finish my conclusion :( I had to stop mid-sentence lol I can picture the HSC markers sitting around trying to figure out what I was saying
I thought you were allowed to finish your sentence?

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
I did mine about a girl suffering in terms to finding herself. It starts of with her mother dying, she gets foster parents who don't really accept her, and allow her to be herself, she hides her feelings to herself, and as she grows older becomes distance from her brother who told her to forget about her mother...when she gets into high school she has friends who talk behind her back...only one seems to support her, during the time that they make rumours about her, audience reads the room (She uses a knife to make pain in her arm as blood falls to the ground) during her friends saying rumours about her which she doesn't speak about until her only friend the loyal friend talks to her but then she leaves unexpectedly, at first she thinks it's because of her, but her "Friends" tell her that she left to another school. During the shock she blurts out her love for her friend (Twist for the story) they find out her she is gay. The girl then has no friends after they reject her...but the story ends with a reunion to the school she grew up with which she goes back to with her girlfriend. They face her friends which she as afraid of doing, and they are sorry for how they acted in highschool, it turns out her friends who were a girl and a boy, married each other and so they reunited and let go of past mistakes. The girl and her girlfriend were able to get through emotional state and all that, and she was finally accepted. Her girlfriend also proposes in her school, although since Australia doesn't believe in gay marriage, they make it a long term engagement which she agrees to.

Very long dramatic story :).

what are you talking about? it was an essay not creative writing?

WesternSky

HSC
@VirtyDear @Captainplanet7 sorry I'm still used to this whole bored of studies, posting, I should address the people I'm speaking too, but I kind of rambled too much on the story so I'm sorry, I'm just proud of it. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
@VirtyDear @Captainplanet7 sorry I'm still used to this whole bored of studies, posting, I should address the people I'm speaking too, but I kind of rambled too much on the story so I'm sorry, I'm just proud of it. :)
You can use the quote button to direct things towards certain people/comments.

What were some of the questions this year? I'd be interested to see the paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)