Screwed. (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
So is anyone else screwed for the Engineering exam? Is it me or is it that most engineering studies teachers are dodgey =/

HSC
So is anyone else screwed for the Engineering exam? Is it me or is it that most engineering studies teachers are dodgey =/

Yes, they are either complete dicks... or they have no idea what they are on about. Ours is ok. Some areas he knows really well, but with things like telecommunications he doesnt even teach. I think its cause a lot of them come from the technology stuff like graphics and wood tech...

But yes im fairly screwed... though not as much as some. Would be happy with raw mark of 70 but 75+ would be prime!

MoNNiE

HSC
Yes, they are either complete dicks... or they have no idea what they are on about. Ours is ok. Some areas he knows really well, but with things like telecommunications he doesnt even teach. I think its cause a lot of them come from the technology stuff like graphics and wood tech...

But yes im fairly screwed... though not as much as some. Would be happy with raw mark of 70 but 75+ would be prime!
the best you can do in that case is just form your own study group.. and follow the HSC guide..its good practice for uni when most of the lecturers don't teach properly in the first place.

When i did the subject, i ended up having to learn the majority of the HSC subject myself... I ended up with a border line band 5/6 for engineering studies back in those days..

when you get to mechanical questions, such as trusses etc. if your teacher is hopeless, you can always ask your maths or physics teacher because they will definately know how to solve it.. remember engineering is applying physics and maths into real life problems!

fuller45

HSC
I am mega screwed. i hate engineering studies, so boring and vague. i swear half the stuff they ask you about is completely random. plus i hate the drawings, i didnt drop art for nothing!

btw, what is this true length crap i keep hearing about and getting wrong, can someone explain q10 2008?

HSC
I am mega screwed. i hate engineering studies, so boring and vague. i swear half the stuff they ask you about is completely random. plus i hate the drawings, i didnt drop art for nothing!

btw, what is this true length crap i keep hearing about and getting wrong, can someone explain q10 2008?
I true length line is to do with orthogonal drawings. A true length line is a dimension in the orthogonal that is said to be the actual proper length (say if 1:1). So you have to decipher which ones are true lengths by visualising the piece in 3D. As for question 10, the line in the bottom plane that is vertical is a true length (we know this because it is not shown in the top plane), But the rest of the line isnt a true length... Understand? I think someone could explain it better

marshy01

HSC
I thought that was actually reasonably easy lol except for the first drawing, i stuffed that.

My teacher is a head marker, and he is brilliant!!! Ive learned so much from him, it must such so much to have a teacher who doesnt know anything, because engineering definately isnt the easiest subject to understand

Kaos1

HSC
thats true. i actually found the test not that bad. i finished with a good 30-45 mins spair, all the drawings werent thatt bad, i knew most of the stuff, anf i walked out of there feeling quite confident with myself :)

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC

Lol

It's like when you view your door at a different angle, it appears to have different widths, depending on the angle - same principle. This question is like they have given u the door at a certain angle, and want its real width, not what it looks like. Also the principle that certain measurements are the same in certain views, i.e. the height of the door appears the same as the true length, no matter what angle the door is opened at.

Because there is an angle when u view the second drawing, u just cant measure the cable and give that as an answer - that would be the apparent length. To get the true length of the cable, you would need to measure the length of PG as shown in the top diagram, to get the angled portion of the cable, then u would need to measure the vertical part in the second diagram and add them together and use the scale to work out the true lenght of the cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)